Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Some Blisstool V6 info

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Some Blisstool V6 info
November 14, 2015 10:17PM
Played with the small coil today. Actually dug a nice silver dime at 10" in a hard hunted site.

Well I came home and decided to do a little testing.

The small coil is advertised/marketed as a 7x9", but in reality when measuring the outside dimensions it's 6.6 X 8.6".

So I decided to airtest this little rascal of a coil.

Settings were as follows

Gain 2
Threshold 5
Vol level 7---used external speaker
Tone 7
Disc level 5
Disc depth 9
Freq max---no turbo engaged
Coarse and fine GB adjustments level 5
GB manual selected

These distances produced a solid tone--consistent and easy to hear
1900 Silver Dollar........13.25"
1945 Quarter...............11.25"
1956 dime....................10.5
1902 IH penny..............10.75

ORE Mode
Gain set just below 1
Fine adjustment set to level 3

Silver Dollar........10.5"
Quarter...............8.25"
Dime..................7.5"
IH.......................7.75

Ore mode
Fine adjustment set to level 1

Silver Dollar.....6"
Quarter...........4.75"
Dime..............4"
IH..................4.25"

Ore Mode
Fine adjustment set to level 5

Silver Dollar.....10.25"
Quarter............7.75"
Dime...............7"
IH...................7.5"

My V6 with proper GB--no offset, quiet on bobbing the coil= gain set at 2, no turbo engaged hits my 10" buried clad dime in my test garden and nickel as well.
With the above settings I listed above---I think most folks could actually run these settings around the USA, in milder ground even hotter.
Also with disc switch in position 1, both my 10" coins come in loud and clear---with the small coil.

The disc depth setting is critical on this detector--even moreso with the smaller coil------if one wants to try and cherry pick high conductive coins out of pounded sites.

I'm still learning the in and outs of this detector. It is NOT a detector designed for general coin hunting; especially if your digging is limited i.e. manicured yards etc.

But the deeper depth strata coins can be infact be detected with this detector with the correct settings.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2015 10:36PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Some Blisstool V6 info
November 15, 2015 01:00AM
Wow a virtual PI! Blisstools have always been deep seekers, if only they could get a 100% accurate VID they could corner the market. Then again if anyone could get a perfect ID machine...

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 15, 2015 09:18AM
You aren't helping my "want bug" go away. I am thinking hard about selling my other detectors and getting one for myself.
November 15, 2015 01:03PM
Daniel,

This ORE mode on the V6 model,,,I'm still playing with it. It seems to allow the detector's recovery to be inreased. And the small coil it seems when in ORE mode makes the detector hotter on the smallest of nonferrous.

I would suspect the hotter the ground---the more difference in this regard you would see.

I'm no expert mind you, but it seems to me although the detector punches deep in high mineral, there is no one coil or one set of settings (setup) that will allow you to get to all of the Blisstool V6 DETECTABLE nonferrous. So multiple hunts per se are necessary. For example I can see based on my limited experience small cuff buttons may be missed at mid depths yet 3 ringers will sing out---but go to ORE mode the mid depth cuff buttons will ring and the deeper 3 ringers go unnoticed. The hotter the soil the more beneficial the ORE mode. And I need to play more with stock coil and ORE mode..I do think the gap is closed though for a (one set of settings) when running the smaller coil in SOIL mode--granted the deepest of targets would go undetected.

Sorta like comparing F75 say between Bp and Je processes---in 4 bar ground
Or having to maybe run the Deus reactivity up to say 3 or 4 in the real hot ground.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2015 01:18PM by tnsharpshooter.
November 15, 2015 03:10PM
Great post David very informative, you're getting the Ore mode dialed in.

What I do with to play it safe with Ore mode in a new area with allot of iron, or extresmly trashy, or in hot mineralized dirt is start off with the fine tune in 3, this is the deepest for fast recovery. Then, in some cases use boost mode with Ore mode that will give you a little more depth yet retain fast recovery.

I'm still experimenting with different Ore mode settings, learning what works and does not work with certain ground conditions. The new smaller coil has me spoiled, that's all I use for both shallow and deep targets.

Just got a call from a land owner of a property from 1850's up in gold country. She and her sister are considering allowing me to search for artifacts from their property which the family has owned since 1850's, Under the condition they keep all finds which is OK with me. Will be a good area to use Ore mode, mineralized ground and allot of iron.

Meet them about 10 years ago, they allowed me and a friend to search their property back then for an hour, my buddy snaged a Large cent. After all these years get a call from them the other day, they want to meet with me. Very excited, guess they are too.

Thanks for sharing your recent v6 experience, looking forward to viewing your future adventures.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2015 03:17PM by Old California.
November 15, 2015 03:30PM
That sounds good Paul. You will at least get pics of your finds on your new future site. And who knows, who else will be granting you permission. It's really all in the hunt anyway. I mean we really can't take our finds with us!!

One day I hope to get out to your part of the country, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I can remember visiting Mexico back in 1994, Baja of California. Boy would I like to be able to go there and detect.
November 15, 2015 05:20PM
Will do David, have two other places to hunt in this area those two property owners let me detect there. Got my fingers crossed hopefully if all goes well can detect this in new site this coming weekend, drying to use my V6 here with Ore mode perfect site for this mode.

If you ever come out west, let me know would be fun hitting a few sites.

HH, Paul
November 15, 2015 07:20PM
Didn't someone say that some of the Blisstool guys would be at DIV this weekend? I am anxious to see how they fared at Coles Hill. I have been there a few times and the soil there is pretty hot IF they hunted in the fields. I don't know how much new property was added and what was huntable and off limits...but I do know that at least two other hunts were held there when the pulse detectors had started to become popular, so it would be a good test to see how they did up there in hot ground with the V6...and possibly having the advantage of being able to discriminate iron while in that hot ground.

There are a couple of spots in particular I would like to try the V6 at the DIV hunt sites. A couple of them are pulse machine nightmare spots....thousands of square nails and ration can pieces all over the place. Those spots will overload the pulse machines and I know there are some good non ferrous items in those spots...and they are rather large. You can watch guys with pulse machines go into them...and quickly retreat out of them. At Brandy Rock in the spring, I hunted one of them with the F19 but it did not have the ability to do much in that ground. I'm thinking that maybe the V6 might be the ticket for that. It would be something different that not a lot of other people are doing...and now days it takes thinking outside the box, and hunkering down in a good spot to be productive.

Does anybody need an eTrac or Explorer XS and some accessory coils? smiling smiley