Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anyone ever ran a Tesoro Conquistador?

Posted by deadlift 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has anyone ever ran a Tesoro Conquistador?
November 24, 2015 08:33PM
Local place has one for $75. Its the Umax model with the 9x8. This would be mainly for a guest/kid to use. From the little bit thats out there other than lack of manual GB, seems like a decent machine to grab and dig some coins down to 6" or so (we have average to good dirt).

Thoughts? Any particular coils that work well on them?

Thanks and happy thanksgiving
Re: Has anyone ever ran a Tesoro Conquistador?
November 24, 2015 09:00PM
I liked the metal face one but not the fin faced one..

The Metal one with round speaker holes was a 120 Disc..with freq shift under the housing...Basicall a Silver sabre Umax with shift..sweet unit in trash

The Finned face plastic louvered fins for speaker was a later model and had the 180 disc like the Eldorado Umax...

Neither was very good in iorn for me with there lower tone and expanded disc that was not very broad in the bottom end for iron work..

I could pull things out of iron easily with the higher tone on the original metal face set to zero disc...on the plastic louvered Conquistador the bottom end disc went alot lower and should of worked well in iron but I found it a hinderance and the audio was not very conveying in the lower tone and a nail and nickle were too close together.. It would punch the soil better if it was minerlaized with expanded range but it also dug alot or iron and not alot of non ferrous in that iron..

I swapped my metal face for plastic upon release and wish I had not..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 24, 2015 11:32PM
Got a story about the Conquistador...... I found someone that had a Conquistador uMax for sale quite some time ago, he never really used it. I got it in the mail and it was in great shape, something told me to take the coil cover off even though everything looked clean as a whistle. I noticed a few cracks in the bottom of the coil, I emailed a picture of it to Tesoro. Mr. Henry (Rusty) called me on the phone and told me not to use it and to send it in, I sent it in and it came back all tuned up and with the coil re-epoxied. That machine was hot & got me many nickels and jewelry plus it was something that Rusty did for me who I highly respect. Wish that I didn't have to sell it in order to try something else, I seem to get the itch to try something different too often. The one I had was the one with the frequency toggle switch on the faceplate. I wouldn't want to sell one for less than $150.00
November 25, 2015 12:11AM
Thanks guys. The one I ran across is the exact one you posted Ski, with the louvers and freq shift on the face. I'm gonna go tommorow after a meeting, provided it and turns on and works I'll most likely get it. Never had a tesoro and it'll be something to tinker with.