Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ 5 question?????

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ 5 question?????
October 18, 2010 10:30AM
Have air tested the cz5 and it test very well for air tests. While hunting in a cornfield where I have found many silver coins I got a signal that gave the iron tone and sounded weak. checked depth and it said apx 6 inches. It turned out to be a mercury dime, B was very surprised that it did not ID better with the hi tone being only that deep. It could have been a little deeper ,but not really sure ...Also could have been on edge, all I know is that it read about 6 inches and gave the low iron tone. Any thoughts would be appreciated.....I still think the E-trac is the deepest coin hunter that I have ever used....Especially giving accurate ID's... Thanks in advance
Re: CZ 5 question?????
October 18, 2010 11:47AM
There could be a lot of reasons for this. What was your detector settings? Were you using disc? I have seen times when iron in the same area will cause a coin to be partially mask. Giving a weak or one way signal. give a little more info on your settings and coil type/size. What was the ground balance setting?

Tom in SC
October 18, 2010 03:06PM
sens. was 5.5 and gb was around the 5.. i alss=o tested the hole afterwards and no iron signal. also using the 8 inch standard coil. Using no disc that was why I heard the iron signal...
October 18, 2010 05:56PM
Would be interesting to note swing speed on a target in the same conditions. CZ's are slow compared to new units. I've encountered target misidentification when swinging too quickly for my CZ3D.
October 18, 2010 09:36PM
Sounds like ground mineralization. . . . causing unit to ID improperly. Would have loved to know what the Explorer would have ID'd the same exact target. What made you dig THAT specific iron target?
October 18, 2010 09:40PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------.....I still think the E-trac is the
> deepest coin hunter that I have ever
> used....Especially giving accurate ID's...

I thought the same thing for a while. Even sold my F75LTD...But this Hot-AZZ'd CZ-6 old-school 4 pin is changing my mind...Today I worked a side yard of a century home pretty darn thoroughly. Found a few wheats etc... Started to drizzle so I put the E-trac in the truck and fired up the CZ6. Ground balanced and ran 0 disc sens=8 and started under the big trees where the rain was lighter. Already combed the area with the E- Lab previously. Repeatable deep beep,pegged meter=Sterling Scout ring, next good signal= 7-8"? roose dime, few deep wheats.couple bad nails then another deep signal=Large cent at 10"...And I dont lie!...This unit is becoming my Go-To. E-tracs slowly loosing its luster with me. Great ID's but no depth...I think I got lucky and found a REAL-hot depth loving CZ..And un-lucky enough to get a not-so-deep E-trac!?.......And one isnt leaving!.
October 18, 2010 10:31PM
Reason for digging is that I have hunted this corn field many many times. Just thought that I would dig a few iron signals to see what happened. Others signals that read iron I dug were small bits of iron.. Have dug may silver coins from the field. Guess I was lucky on the first dig but surprised that it did not ID better....Will be getting another unit soon but do not know what to get. I really think the E-trac is hard to beat for coin hunting but jsut toooooo heavy for me anymore. From all I read the F75 seems to shine for the Relic hunter more so than coin hunters. Due the the hi Frequency or what....Not sure, but all I seem to read is relic hunter love it????? any thoughts well appreciated...thanks
October 19, 2010 01:22AM
The e-trac is a fine machine but you may have to learn to swing with either arm on a long days hunt, I even have to switch arms with my f-75 after a while. I'm a coin hunter and love the f-75 as a coin machine. Clad dosen't interest me, I like searching for old coins and have found many. If you swing it fast you better have quick ears because of the lightning recovery speed...makes it good for iron infested areas. I'm also ready for a new machine but don't want to step backward from the 75. I have my eye on the latest version f-75 with bp. It' a tough decision because of all the new detectors being released. Have to wait and sift through all the field tests and chatter reguarding the latest and greatest.
Tom D. has set/steered this forum towards straight shootin honest facts & opinions and everyone sees that and follows suit. This is the forum where I'll be reading and taking notes as to be able to make a choice for my next machine.
October 19, 2010 09:25PM
What ever the next 'trump card' is......this will be the first place that I will inform.