Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RC26 5.5x10 (epoxy filled??)

Posted by mrb1268 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
RC26 5.5x10 (epoxy filled??)
January 15, 2016 10:44AM
Has anyone heard if Makro is going to offer a 5.5x10 for the Racer that is epoxy filled?..... there was some talk/discussion a while back that it may be an option in the near future, I know I would like to have one... thanks mrb
Re: RC26 5.5x10 (epoxy filled??)
January 15, 2016 04:06PM
I have mentioned it to the factory..

Maybe one day..

on my Fors CoRe and Racer at the Gulfbeach tthatewasthe only size coil that worked in the surf...And I might add worked amazingly well..

inotice on my Gold Racer and Fg+ the 5x10 are the same housing...but II'm sure they wont' run at beach..

but it also means they like that design..and Iit is great design...but do wish there was a 5x10 that was non bouyant ..

Maybe Impact will offer some coil designs for water and then they will become available maybe on the racer and or core..

The stock coil for the Fors CoRe is epoxy design....not sure why they departed from it on the Racer stock coil...I like the CoRe Solid desing...but it did not work In submerged salt water either it went into instant overload...

the 5x10 Is the Ticket at least where I was at...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: RC26 5.5x10 (epoxy filled??)
January 16, 2016 12:45AM
Keith, I agree it is a very good coil, lightweight and balances well ,...you are 100% correct.....the problem with it is like in a wash out on the beach with a foot or so of water the buoyancy is tough to deal with....kinda like forcing two magnets together you have to keep the swings close in to be able to keep the coil from rising up. Sure hope they will make one. Mrb