Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

LTD Air Test

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
LTD Air Test
November 18, 2010 12:53PM
My LTD air test the following items at sensitivity 80, discrimination 6, 4H and BP (boost) mode.

Silver

Dime at 12”

Quarter at 13”

Silver dollar at 16 ½”

Sensitivity at 40

Dime at 10”

Quarter at 11 ½”

Silver dollar at 13 ½”

Sensitivity at 20

Dime 9”

Quarter at 10”

Silver dollar at 12”

What does yours do?
Re: LTD Air Test
November 19, 2010 12:34PM
Mark,

If you can find an area where you can mitigate the EMI......by using the Freq-shift..........try this test with a Disc '4' setting (or lower)...............and all other settings the same.
November 20, 2010 01:45AM
Tom, dropping from disc 6 to 4 gained from 2 to 3" in the air test.
I didn't see any gain when the sensitivity dropped below 30 with the disc below 5. Even at 0 I could not gain any increase in air test distance.
That might be normal since below 30 is a low gain setting. I did see one thing of importance. Sensitivity setting of 80, disc 6 BP mode is about equal in air test to sens 40, disc 4 BP mode, Almost identical numbers. For my hot ground this might be an important point.
Interesting ...
November 21, 2010 12:52PM
Mark,

That is absolutely correct. And to be more specific..............it is specifically Disc '5' and above....that has (more filters) and a reduction in "sensitivity" performance. WHEN YOU GO TO 'DISC 4'........the world changes. The detector is MUCH more sensitive (as you have witnessed).....but also is much more susceptable to EMI. IF IF IF you can mitigate the EMI ((( or don't have any to begin with )))..... you will see substantial gains in performance. Somewhere on this forum....I reported exacting Sens/Disc settings of the F75 LTD.....and compared to standard/original F75. I think the thread may have been "Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD".

When I have some more time.......I need to post a thread on the criticality of (Freq F1-F7) EMI mitigation.
November 21, 2010 12:59PM
Thanks Tom. I read and re-read all of your post about the LTD. There is always a lot of detail to study and retain. That is why I like this site the best.
November 21, 2010 01:43PM
Your welcome. (Did you find the specific thread?).
November 21, 2010 02:06PM
Not found it yet, but I'll keep looking. I don't mind reading your reports more than once.
Thanks again,
mark