Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detector sales

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detector sales
September 04, 2019 11:21AM
What has the Nox done to detector sales? Is there a place now for say the CTX with a huge price tag..... or even the Xcal with mods needed to get the best out of it? Will ML in some way .... consolidate the CTX, Xcal and Nox and up the price tag next time around? Or will they continues to making other companies scramble and take big hits on pricing? I can tell by used machine pricing...... its really slowed that down making it a buyers market. We lost Tosoro.....and im not to sure how healthy Whites is. It appears to have even slowed Nokta down some. I believe its going to be interesting to see how Fisher does in all of this with their AQ and dirt PIs. Who will pay for mid or high priced detectors that cant match pricing, warranty, multi use and performance of the Nox. Even ML id think isnt coming out a winner..... yet. Were we baited..... will we pay more next time? I tell you ...... price is good....... but its hard to beat a good warranty especially as a water hunter.
Re: Detector sales
September 04, 2019 09:04PM
Who can make a multi freq Nox beater?
I was at a rally last week for 100 detectorists, I'd say 75% were using the Equinox.
September 04, 2019 09:39PM
The market was wide open for Minelab to do what they did with EQX line.
What was going to compete ?
What competes even now?

Weight
Price
Performance
Warranty
Versatility

All rolled into a couple models from same manufacturer.

Has Minelab’s market share went up due to EQX line?
I think so, actually loads.

Can’t wait to see their next release.
September 04, 2019 09:57PM
I don't think Nokta has slowed down_In fact I thought they were releasing a detector shortly with a multi-frequency
coming in the near future -

I would be more concerned about the level of releases out of the USA_where are they?

AT Max from Garrett & the Whites MXS - I would not be surprised if a competitors ENTRY level detector blows those
two out of the water_

So it looks like Nokta-Makro / Minelab / XP / Deeptech and even Quest seem to have no problems releasing new products -

Whats happening with Garrett / Fisher / Whites / Teknetics these days? -

Not bitching, just a little frustrated - lol - hot smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
September 04, 2019 11:23PM
The wish for a waterproof multi unit has been out there for decades.Those other companies totally missed the bus. How bad was it? Minelab released the CTX and then years later came in with a much cheaper unit. The others were still standing there with their thumbs up their butts. They deserve what happens. The release of the AQ if it performs will save F. TEXAS. The rest? What do they have to compete in the pipeline? Nokta might have a shot with a similar priced multi detector. Better target ID than the Nox would sell. One thing for sure.....The repacking days of single frequency units is over.
September 05, 2019 06:26AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The market was wide open for Minelab to do what th
> ey did with EQX line.
> What was going to compete ?
> What competes even now?
>
> Weight
> Price
> Performance
> Warranty
> Versatility
>
> All rolled into a couple models from same manufact
> urer.
>
> Has Minelab’s market share went up due to EQX line
> ?
> I think so, actually loads.
>
> Can’t wait to see their next release.

probably others can't compete, what with the development costs to absorb,
as well as being careful NOT to circumvent patents. perhaps first texas
can offer something.i believe they have deep pockets, and maybe something from
turkey..i am sure both have "torn apart" the nox on the bench to see what they
can bring to the table. i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 05, 2019 09:53AM
BBS for me on the wet salt.
September 06, 2019 12:16AM
goodmore - spot on thumbs down

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
September 06, 2019 11:16AM
Well it certainly didn’t help White with Carl leaving. Fisher has a pretty good team.....but ...but they may not have quite as deep pockets. Multi use is what people want....and that warranty on a new machine is a high plus.... now will someone come out with an extended warranty? I think Whites missed the boat NOT making a waterproof years back when it was discussed.... but I think they didn’t believe they needed it with the DF.
September 06, 2019 12:18PM
To me Whites future is in the V3I and all the configs.
I understand the configs can cause people headaches but it is the only thing Whites has that some other companies don't so I think they need to build off the V3I platform and it is time for a upgrade there.
OBN
September 06, 2019 01:09PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> What has the Nox done to detector sales? I believe its going to be intere
> sting to see how Fisher does in all of this with t
> heir AQ and dirt PIs. Who will pay for mid or hig
> h priced detectors that cant match pricing, warran
> ty, multi use and performance of the Nox. price is good....... but its hard to
> beat a good warranty especially as a water hunter.

I think the timing of the NOx was perfect, I see it as forcing Fisher to take notice of price and warranty. I hope..

It's going to kill me to buy a machine with a one year warranty, two years will be much easier specially since we know very little about it being used in the water.

Come on Christmas.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
September 10, 2019 01:30PM
I agree GreenMeanie. Whites needs to build upon the V3i platform. There are a lot of unique features in the V3 that need further development. Right now they are the only ones offering simultaneous 3 frequency operation. A true full band spectrum range. They should be building on that. The 3 frequency correlate feature with user select-able degrees of correlation is a terrific feature they should be continuing to develop upon and tying audio too. Lots of things in the V3 that could take them into the next decade. Someone there just needs to do it. That would keep them in the market innovator category.

Fisher needs to take their F75 platform and expand it with adjustable frequency, multi-frequency. What I like best about the F75 is that I can choose a program and attach any audio to it. I can't do that with Makro/Nokta as they have built off the T2 base where the program selection controls the audio. The F75 isn't like that. Any of the 7 programs can have any of the 11 audio options used with it. It wouldn't hurt Fisher to be a market follower for a little while and catch up a bit before trying to get back into the market inovator spere by offering the multiple select-able frequency, select-able simultaneous multi-frequency while keeping the program vs audio selection freedom.

Makro/Nokta has made a good entry....once they start offering simultaneous multi-frequency operation....USA may be back to box store status. I dunno.

Minelab is firmly in the market innovator space and the only way to take market share away from them is to copy their offering as close as you can.

My nickel.
HH
Mike
September 10, 2019 04:56PM
V3i needs to be a lot lighter. Also, I never could get the reaction time fast enough.
September 11, 2019 02:25PM
Minelab has to be sitting back smiling at what they have accomplished.

If you take the Equinox for example, when people are asking about which is better, the majority of the time it is between the Equinox and some other Minelab machine. Be it the CTX, eTrac, Explorers, etc. The comparison is typically always to some other Minelab machine and not another manufacturer's offering. In other words, Minelab has cornered the market so much that the majority of people are only interesting in knowing how the newer Minelab machines compare to other Minelab machines. Minelab is a winner either way the results or opinions fall...because the interest is always in the products they are producing.

Some will say the CTX or eTrac is still the better for coin shooting deep coins...but to Minelab it's all a win, because that's all Minelab products no matter which you choose or think is the best.
September 12, 2019 02:22AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Well it certainly didn’t help White with Carl leav
> ing. Fisher has a pretty good team.....but ...bu
> t they may not have quite as deep pockets. Multi
> use is what people want....and that warranty on a
> new machine is a high plus.... now will someone co
> me out with an extended warranty? I think Whites
> missed the boat NOT making a waterproof years back
> when it was discussed.... but I think they didn’t
> believe they needed it with the DF.

i believe they "screwed the duck" when they didn't make the mx-5 waterproof.
it was designed to go head to head with the at pro, but the garretts sales took off,and left the mx-5 behind.
then whitey dumped it,and brought the m6 back! the detector that never should have been dropped in the first place!
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.