Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

trime

Posted by deadeye 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
trime
February 25, 2016 02:03PM
Have very many three cent pieces been found by people detecting? I have a few, and was wondering if many people find them?
Re: trime
February 25, 2016 03:37PM
I see a few people find them every year, they are kind of rare to dig ....I'm betting a fair amount get missed because of there size and being masked
February 25, 2016 04:25PM
All mines came from Civil War camps .Not Houses..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 25, 2016 05:53PM
I have been lucky enough to find both the nickel and silver varieties. I found the nickel variety in my own backyard and the silver about 5 miles from my house..I dont know how true it is but I was told by another fella on the internet that it is extremely rare to find both.
February 25, 2016 06:56PM
Still on my bucket list. I agree that the size of these coins make them easily masked. Which is good, as perhaps today's detectors might have a chance at finding them!
February 25, 2016 08:39PM
No 3 centers but definitely on the bucket list. I did find my 2 nd half dime this year though. I've been thinking about this to as I'm swinging, I bet there are a lot more small gold pieces especially the dollar ones still in the ground. They are tiny and unless you dig it all youre gonna walk right on by it thinking it was foil. Im so glad ive found a good dig it all site this year. I dig pretty much everything and have pulled a 1840 half dime 2 other silvers cant tell you how many button and other old relics but i have learned a lot from this kind of site and it is so much more fun than a modern site full of aluminum.
February 25, 2016 09:27PM
Found two in the same hole in a well beaten and left-for-dead park. No more than an 1 1/2 inches deep. How they were missed by others still baffles me.
February 25, 2016 11:24PM
Found my first this past summer in a house site, about 3" down. Came out of the dirt such a dull gray I thought it was a thin pewter flat button at first. It's one of my favorite finds, they're beautiful coins. Its amazing how small they are, if memory serves I weighed it and it was right at exactly half the weight of a barber dime.
February 26, 2016 12:17AM
I find a Trime a year and sometimes 2 a year . I dig old homesites and fields They are easily missed.
HH
Corey
February 26, 2016 12:24AM
Bucket lister here as well. Hunting partner back 2004 found one at a CW hospital site but the only one I can remember being dug with folks I've been with. Yes, he had the happy dance going...thought he got into a nest of yellow jackets at first.
February 26, 2016 01:15AM
Only one silver one at same CW site I dug the gold dollar at this past December .
February 26, 2016 04:37AM
last fall I found mine digging all targets, id was a pulltab at 6 " with f 19
February 26, 2016 10:07AM
In one of my favorite old detecting spots, I have managed to pull 4, nickel 3 centers from this site. My buddy got 2(I think it was 2?) silver 3 centers from the same area. Terrific spot and quite a few of those "oddball" not commonly found coins.

God Blesssmiling smiley