Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here's some airtest number's for the At-Pro

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here's some airtest number's for the At-Pro
November 25, 2010 05:01AM
Got mine in this morning....and just tested it in the garage....and on some in ground target's in my yard....

Target separation not like the GB SE or G2 but not no slouch either...probably a little less than a T-2...but in another way it has some really unique audio that can blend the responses..Closer to say a analog type audio...

Now the nail and button test close together is just as good as it just blend's the target into one I.D.and I believe it up averages around small iron also.. Just preliminary testing but I believe it does. since the button and nail combo will read higher than the button by itself...

Machine has a lot of audio nuance when in pro mode and iron I.D. on for sure....

Seems to be able to give a warble type iron sound on the deeper target's that's out of the disc range... very unique for sure...not alot of depth gain over the disc response tone but it's there...probably show up on in ground target's more?

Depth is really amazing on the test...it's hot across the board and really loves large target's that some higher freq machine struggle with...It's as hot as any I have ever used on the low conductor's and hotter on the high conductor's against the same type machine ....

I can see where Garrett aimed there unit at....

Another feature that really stands out is the I.D. abilty though hot rock's and red clay brick's...with an uncanny accuracy ...Most vlf' machines I have struggle in this area but this one is very eye-opening .....Weird In a way the way it does it ...most machines drag the lower conductor target's into the iron range...not the At_pro....I think it's the coil?

I will let the airtest speak for themselves ...

Test was done Pro mode ..Iron Disc about 30.....Iron I.D. on (Tone Roll).....Sens wide open..nothing notched out custom mode....

I must mention that unit is very stable wide open!!

Eagle Coat Button Civil war=16"
12 Gauge Shotgun Hull = 16
.58 Cal. Minnie ( 3 ringer) = 15.5"
Seated Dime = 14.5"
Morgan Dollar = 19"
Spanish 2 Reale = 16"
Barber Half = 16.5
Standing liberty Quarter = 15"
U.S. 2 Center = 14.5"
Indian head cent =13.75"
Shield Nickle =14.5
P-Cap =6.5"
Mans size 10 14K Ring = 16.5
Civil war breast Plate = 23.75"
U.S. Civil War Buckle =27"
C.S.A. Buckle =23.25"
Carbine Sling Buckle =25"

O.K'

will try to get in a real hunt tomorrow..

Dang it's Midnight now....

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Not looking good In Korea let's give thanks for peace!!!

Keith Southern
Re: Here's some airtest number's for the At-Pro
November 25, 2010 12:52PM
Sounds like there is 'promise' with this one...........especially for die-hard Garrett folks. Keith; thanks for your time/testing/effort. Great selection of targets.
November 25, 2010 02:58PM
Keith, when you get a chance would you run a comparison against the Omega (I think you have one?). They are in the same price range so would probably attract a similar crowd though i really like the waterproofing on the AT-Pro as I hate to put my rain cover on the Omega, for more than one reason - it's a pain as it fits tight and it is hard to see through it at times..

From what I have seen with air tests I think the AT-Pro might get better depth than the Omega, at least on the low conductors but you say it does very well on the high's also, interesting. Also, the Omega's "beep mode" or d4 isn't as deep as it's VCO mode, but the Pro Mode on the At-Pro is a beep mode and deep (do they have VCO there too?).

I wonder if the AT Pro might be a slight upgrade over the Omega but I trust too much in Dave J's designs to really say that.

Great to hear the Audio has a nice nuance to it and also that it ID's iron well.
November 26, 2010 01:10PM
Very impressive numbers.
I've also had my eye on that beast.
Keep us posted.
Hope Tom can snag one and run it through his usual tests.