Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Couple of Video's I did of the AT-PRO to show

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Couple of Video's I did of the AT-PRO to show
November 27, 2010 05:12AM
some of the attribute's

had to break into 2 part's

part 1

[www.youtube.com]

Part 2

[www.youtube.com]

thanks

Keith Southern

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 05:12AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Couple of Video's I did of the AT-PRO to show
November 27, 2010 10:22AM
Thanks for that Keith.

The iron audio feature is very interesting and not at all what I thought it would be. It was interesting when you went over a target in iron with iron audio on compared to with it off. You mentioned with it off you still got a lot of information about the target and yet were still able to hear a hint in the signature that it was in iron.

That said, the response of the detector does not seem to be as fast as the Omega 8000. Maybe they clean the Omega signal up more than the AT Pro, and I know it's a small sample size, but from my experience I get a pretty clear signal when there is a coin in iron on the Omega and it seems like you got to listen better on the AT Pro. Coins in iron on the Omega seem to have a fuzzy feel to the sound and on the AT Pro it seems like you got to pick out the chopped beep. hard to describe this.

What would be your early opinions regarding the AT Pro as it compares to the Omega? I will definitely consider the AT Pro for next season.
November 27, 2010 07:06PM
Good stuff Kieth.
Day by day we are learning more about the new detectors thanks to people like you who take the time to teach.
Thanks.
Yeah earthman the At-Pro has a very unique audio
November 28, 2010 03:46AM
and it will perform it's just different than a Omega/t-2-f-75 type machine....the audio is more like analog...and it really can blend...instead of just saying it's high or low or rapid fire of tone's although fast they are still signaling one tone and a time on the FT machine's...the At-pro blends more..

Not as fast as the Ft machine's but the depth across the board conductivity and size is really amazing....I can see no real depth drop form a high conductor to low conductor as along as the target's are of the same size...

No I may be wrong but in the audio mode...I believe the low iron growl is actually all metal thresh..be it weak and out of range of disc yet letting you know the target is there and cant break into a tone or on a large iron object signaling the wah sound way before the target..good targets get the wah sound right on top of the beep like a nautilus....

definitely something going on with the iron audio...

I am thinking it's a 21st century nautilus...if that makes sense...

Keith
thanks Ozzie
November 28, 2010 03:49AM
just having fun glad it helped ..that was my intention in making the video...It's unrehearsed off the cuff..And I see thing's I did wrong after watching but I was just wanting to get the audio across to people ....

glad you liked it...

Keith
November 28, 2010 02:45PM
What I really like about the G2 is it is one tone you get a lot of mod in that tone but it seems to hit really hard in the ground with iron and such. I am going back to a simpler machine that is loaded with power. You will have to take it for a spin so we can hear it, and see it in action. But great videos and I hope this machines finds a place in your hunting pack.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 28, 2010 02:46PM
So Keith, How does it stack up to the GBSE? Mark
Hey Mark ask a hard question why don't ya!!
November 28, 2010 08:28PM
No but really.......her's my take for what it is worth... and I don't have alot of time on the machine yet ....But it bring's something different to the table....

All the Tek's and new F series fisher's although great machine's and have made me some great find's have always left me scratching my head for one simple reason....

no matter how I set them up they always get what they get and then it's just over...not that it's a bad thing because they get stuff pretty easy out of site's.....but once I have used them in the sites 2-3 time's I just run out of target's to dig.....the newer offering with the tone split get's a little more and I am not complaining it's a needed feature but then it's over again....Now I can go back to these same spot's with older type machine's with a analog audio and dig targets behind the FT machine's till this day in heavy iron and bad dirt combo...

I love the GBSE and it's fantastic but it does not get it all....Target separation is amazing ....But fast target response and bad ground just don't seem to mix too well...the slower response machine's in bad dirt will get a little longer look and sample of the target allowing it to be heard ever so slightly better....

If you live in good dirt consider your self lucky....it takes a combination of different factor's to produce deep low conductor type find's in harsh ground...

And I believe the AT-Pro is Geared to get depth in Funky dirt through less filtering of the signal and a little slower response time...will it perform separation like a FT machine ?No..
Will it get the same target's out of nail masking in ground..Probably because of the different approach to the signal processing ....will it go deeper in bad ground on low conductor's ? Yes in my dirt I have done proven it to myself...will it go deeper in the ground on high conductor's? Yes again I have proven it to myself IN MY DIRT!

will it get target's out of iron deeper in my ground? yes IN MY DIRT!

will it do the same for you in your ground with your hunting style and need's? That's up to you I dont know

Comparing the 2 isnt really apples to oranges it's really more like Grapefruit to oranges...both are citrus but the are different enough to tell which is which with your eyes closed...

make any sense...

Keith
November 28, 2010 11:12PM
Really nice write up and well thought out Keith. Thanks for doing that. I think you said a bit of what I was feeling and seeing from reading your posts thus far. The AT Pro does what the faster detectors out there are doing but in a different way - less filtering (more audio information) and a slower response. I wonder if the less filtering is going to be bearable for most people. If I understand you correctly it is music to my ears to a point as I learned on a Nauty and I actually liked the mix mode, lots of info in there plus a beep with it's own nuances.

I have a feeling it will do what it does in clean ground but I'm not a techy. Seems like Tom's prediction regarding this machine so far is going in the right direction.

When are you going to show some depth tests? I have a feeling it's a bit deeper than my Omega.
Awesome Keith!
November 30, 2010 02:46PM
You always do a great job in your videos! Thanks, man!
Scully
Thanks Scully !!! You going to try one?
December 02, 2010 02:18AM
I see a place for the At-Pro in relic hunting for sure...Real sensitive machine for sure...Will take time to master and get the most out of it...Machine is an audiophile's dream come true!!

Keith
Re: Thanks Scully !!! You going to try one?
December 02, 2010 12:27PM
Sure is looking like Garrett has come a long way.
Yeah remeber the Oldsmobile commercial
December 02, 2010 04:50PM
That said "this is not your father's Oldsmobile" back when they were trying to get a new following ....

well this is not your father's Garrett......Ha-Ha...... let's hope they don't go the way of the Old's

Seriously though put the machine in Normal and it's ace series.....Put it in Pro and it's a whole new avenue for Garrett... Maybe one day Charles will let them build one without the Normal mode...I heard he was insistent on the normal mode "Bell Tone" if the machine was built.....

Trying to keep the old and get the new at the sane time customer wise I mean

at least it's doable with Microprocessors !!!

I hope for better thing's from them in the future..Maybe they are starting to turn the corner...?

Hear they are working on another Infinium? might be interesting..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2010 04:51PM by Keith Southern.
December 02, 2010 07:50PM
It's been fun reading and re-reading this thread Keith. Now with winter ahead and me researching the Deus even more (pretty much settled on it) I now have to hear about a new Infinium! Ok, I didn't even know the old one, but hearing about the audio of the AT Pro really has me interested. The Deus has excellent audio also, but not the roll or all metal nuance about it, that is really attractive. Something interesting though, the Deus update coming out next month will have a non motion ferrous and non-ferrous target ID mode. I mean this sounds a bit like a metered TR Detector, but I'm no expert. I bring it up cause I got to thinking about old detectors after reading your posts on the AT's audio as well as catching up (after years away) on the Metal Detecting Equipment forum and reading the thread on TR Detectors. (TR detectors - What better way to go into the iron, right?)

I think this is absolutely great what Garrett has done. The sound of the unit, the way it processes and of course the waterproofing (which for me is more about easy cleaning and hunting in the rain if need be). This now gives other makes more to think about. I think next year is going to be a really interesting year for detectors. My guess is that Minelab will finally have a new lightweight unit as their sales have really been dropping (so they will finally do something for the "user" now.) First Texas is probably going to come out with a new Omega LTD + sort of machine and maybe even Tesoro. It just seems like something big is around the corner.

Anyway, keep the reports coming in about the AT Pro and feel free to go more into the Grapefruit vs. Oranges analogy ;-)
December 02, 2010 08:07PM
Keith......yes, your audio-description is very helpful....and well articulated............and.............since we detect primarily (sometimes solely) by audio, the AT Pro may turn out to be the Old's W-30 package for Garrett. I highly commend the idea of it being slightly waterproof (10-feet).......a very important feature....as many of us will continue to hunt ... should it start to rain.
December 02, 2010 11:32PM
Sweep speed and response recovery is important to me. I would love to see a video or write up about this for the AT PRO. I purchased th GTI 2500 and did not like to slow sweep speed and response. Well the weight was an issue also. I know that FT machines are very quick and seems to fit my hunting routine very well. How would you rate the AT Pro compared to the GTI and the F75 when it comes to response recovery and sweep speed ?

Thanks
Tom in SC
At-Pro actually like's a quicker sweep speed...3 ft per second....and the depth gets better at the quicker pace....way faster target response than the GTI also and faster recovery speed..

I would akin the separation and recovery about like a Tesoro....Not as fast as a F-75 in separation ..You have to massage signals out of the iron to get the target's the the f-75 get's...But and it's still early It really seems to have great depth in the iron....

Again I can't stress enough the beauty of the At-Pro is all in the Audio....it's alot like hunting all metal but in disc if that makes sense...

Depth is there also just really nuanced and faint on the deepies... will take some ear training to get the most out of the AT-Pro...

Detector is fully modulated and really talks to you.....

lot like and older analog machine in ways( AUDIO) but in a 21st century configuration...

it has some quirk's like any detector...

but it's a pretty slick machine for the most part....Heck of a machine for Garrett...

there getting there...!!!!!!!

Keith
I will when I can get one!
December 03, 2010 04:32PM
I have four on oder but only got one delivered, and that one when to a customer that ordered one when they were first announced. Garrett has not been able to deliver machines in mass yet. I got to play with it a bit, and it seems like a very nice machine. It will definately fill a spot in the arsenal that other machines wont.
December 04, 2010 09:50AM
Hey Keith, if you get a chance to do any coin hunts, would you give us a review/comparison of the AT Pro on coins. Like many other Teknetics fans we are waiting on a high end coin unit. The AT Pro is up there in Frequency like the T2 and F75, and I've preferred my Omega to the T2 (V6 anyway), so I'm wondering (as are many others - I've noticed 90% of reports on the Finds AT Pro board are relic based, seems like a another T2 as far as use goes).