Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Better Way On Finding Gold.

Posted by William Monday 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Better Way On Finding Gold.
March 08, 2016 12:31AM
Re: Better Way On Finding Gold.
March 09, 2016 02:19PM
That's why I got a golden retriever...disappointing.
Couldn't find anything hidden at all except Snausages.
March 09, 2016 07:00PM
My Sadie sniffs and digs when I take her M Detecting with me, but has found no gold. Then again, I am still waiting my first gold coin find She also pulls weeds when I do in the yard and lately has faked an exaggerated limp as I have an ingrown toenail!
I am at a loss to explain how a dog would/could perceive in ground (or out for that matter) gold. I would think being such a noble metal it would not smell at all. Most of us know badly zinc pennies smell, but who needs a dog to find those? cool smiley

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 09, 2016 08:26PM
I've heard of buried silver being 'sniffable', it's the sulfide compounds that are the likely culprit.

I detect on some horse paddock areas, when the animals are often present. And those pesky long-nosed monkeys seem to have a nose for rubber. I cycle there, and my bike is usually leant against a fence. What do the do? After licking the rubber tyres, they're drawn to chew the rubber handgrips. And they've sneaked up behind me when I've been on my knees head-in-the-hole, and start biting the rubber soles of my shoes. Now....doesn't rubber have sulfur in it? Maybe horses might be good 'silver-hounds' ?