Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites DigMaster digger - First Field test

Posted by corvair 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites DigMaster digger - First Field test
March 13, 2016 07:32PM
From my previous post a few days ago I highlighted the nice features of the digger. There were some comments questioning whether or not this digger would hold up and that the steel was of inferior quality to the Lesche.
I believe that the "Proof is in the pudding" and wanted to share a couple photos of several coins dug on a recent hunt. Many coins had to be dug and pried out from under heavy roots and the DigMaster performed it's duties admirably. Originally I made the comment that the blade was heat treated steel but I am not sure of that especially since I put considerable pressure on the blade purposely to see if it would take a permanent bend or even break and it sprung right back to shape nicely. Very tuff blade!

I have faith this digger will serve me well over the years. Enjoy the pictures, God Bless and have a great week everyone! Jack

http:// [/img]

http:// [/img]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2016 07:46PM by corvair.
Re: Whites DigMaster digger - First Field test
March 13, 2016 08:01PM
Nice looking digger. Thanks for letting us know about it and your thoughts of it.
March 13, 2016 10:49PM
The digger looks more narrow than the Lesche which would make it easier to get into the tough dirt, which sounds great to me!

Nice looking finds, too!
March 13, 2016 11:48PM
Looks like a solid digger, congrats on the dime trifecta!

-Brian
wjs
March 14, 2016 03:45PM
The handle looks kind of suspect. Is it plastic?
March 14, 2016 04:07PM
To DFinTX and wjs:
The blade width is almost the same as the Lesche, the length of the blade is about an inch longer comparing it to my Lesche(could be some wear though).
According to Whites, the blade steel handle core goes up into the rubber-ized plastic handle. I say rubber-ized because it has a slight softness which enhances the hand purchase. Handle is solid and firmly attached to the steel core that is part of the trowel blade. Very tuff trowel and appears to be well made. Is not manufactured in China.
March 14, 2016 06:42PM
corvair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very tuff trowel and appears to
> be well made. Is not manufactured in China.

Does it say where it IS made?

(thanks)
March 14, 2016 06:44PM
Wow you found all them with that digger...... Amazing I've got to get one :0)
March 14, 2016 08:08PM
Its made in Taiwan