Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

High on Nails

Posted by ozzie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
High on Nails
December 13, 2010 12:08AM
I sent my coil in to Fisher last week because of the bad bump falsing, so I'm using the 4x6 on my f-75. I have dug many more nails of all sizes, it seems, with that 4x6 on. Sounds off high on nails in all directions. VID reads high 80s to 90s. I run zero discrim, sens 90+, 4 tone, most of the time. I did notice the nails are deep,,,deeper than I thought that coil could go, 8+ inches. The shallower nails do read as they should, low grunt, low VID. Tried lowering the sens, upping the discrim and many more combinations..still dug deep nails. I'm not really complaining, but I cant wait for the new coil to get here. The 11" coil that comes standard w/ the f-75 is a great combination. I have used the 6" with some success but I feel the 11" out shines the 6" no matter what the scenario is, even if the ferrous/non-ferrous are in tight quarters. I don't have thr 5" coil but LowBoy speaks highly of it. I have permission to hunt another old farm where the origional stone house was built in the 1700's and I want to start off with the 11" coil...can't wait....We know there's old coins there, there always is.
Re: High on Nails
December 13, 2010 11:03PM
Very good. Now..............try something. CHANGE YOUR GROUND BALANCE by about 20-points lower.............and see if you have a change.... for-the-better! You could change your ground balance 30 or 35 points lower.......but start with about 20 points lower......regardless of what the unit 'Fast-Grabs'.
December 14, 2010 12:00AM
I will Tom, thank you.
December 14, 2010 03:18AM
Tom is there an advantage to lowering the GB in iron?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 14, 2010 12:38PM
Usually not.......unless there is a lot of falsing due to decomposing iron status.