Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cz6a companion

Posted by bailey1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cz6a companion
March 19, 2016 01:19AM
I have a Tom tuned and 3d altered cz6a that I am very happy with but would like a detector that will handle separation and deep iron nails better. I have read many posts on all brand forums and watched too many youtube videos trying to narrow the field. I hunt mostly old homesites. As you know, that doesn't mean that a home site say from the 1800's will not have been occupied in the late 1900's and hold a lot of modern trash or be littered with deep rusty nails. This seems to be where the cz struggles. However, after researching, maybe most struggle in that environment. I have considered the f75, racer2, and even the fors relic. Like I said, I really like my cz and find my share with it and will keep and use it regardless. But what say you? Is there a good companion to the cz that will add separation in the trash and keep good depth?
Re: cz6a companion
March 19, 2016 02:06AM
What type target are you after may I ask

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 19, 2016 02:19AM
Deus...racer2, and fors relic will blow your mind coming from a CZ racer has that sweet small coil and I think the Fors relic a must for hunting

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 19, 2016 02:33AM
Thanks Keith. I'm not able to say I hunt coins or relics or jewelry. I can only say, I hunt civil war sites when I can. Just not often due to 100 + miles of travel. I hunt mostly the old home sites for whatever the site gives ( horse tack, buttons, the occasional coin, etc..) . I am not a clad or jewelry hunter, however I will hit a old school or park if I have only a hour or so to hunt. Mainly to unwind and see what I can get the cz to do.
March 19, 2016 02:36AM
Compare your cz to other machines that do well on a flat nail board test but do it with the coin in the ground several inches and rusty nail 3" to
the side and about 2-3" deep. My observations are the cz beats everything I have easily. That's with the standard 8" coil.
My others are t2 with 5" coil,gamma 6000 with a variety of coils but the stock 8" works best in iron,Tejon with 5.75", Eurotek pro also uses all my Greek coils
and again the 8" is best,it came with the 11" DD. Compadre is actually the worst of the bunch.
But the cz's get heavy and any site will yield finds to a new machine. My eyes are on the newer omega 8500,the features and coil options and swapabilty of coil
from tek g2 and fisher gold bugs so used coils are plentiful.
Well balanced and light with plenty of punch,the features really are impressive though.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
March 19, 2016 03:00AM
I really Like a F75 when you can get a Proper One...

A Proper F75 brings Depth and Decent I.D. if the soil is not too Mineralized..Yet a R2 will I.D. better if the soil is Mineralized past say 4 f.e. bars on a 75

BUT if you stay In iron and are after the Full gamut of conductors and also venture into a Park for clad I Think the R2 Would suit you well as a companion unit..

Its main thing ESPECIALLY in iron trash will be the Finds that come easily behind your CZ..Not to discount your CZ but The R2's DNA is about unlocking iron..And it happens eerily easy in your hard hunted sites without even pushing it to do so...

The FR is a AWESOME UNIT Too But its a Thoroughbred Relic machine ..It would be the other end of the spectrum form your CZ..The R2 would be more of a Bridge between the two..

I haven't talked a lot about it But I will go ahead and Bring it up Here...

We have a large influx of European machines on the market as of late and its been a decade or more coming...

BUT I truly feel out of all the units I've tried The Nokta's and Makro's (N/M from here on) are the ones who have done the most to bridge the Euro type uits to the American type standards and wants and desires..

They Keep it simple..

Not to bash anyone's designs but there's some Euro's out there that have you spending half the day setting the unit up and you're still not sure its right..OR you have some units that's still archaic in nature without any form of Digital readouts and such and still very much analog type feel..

This is where N/M have found the Niche..Offer the Unmasking on a world class level like the Euro hunters want and Hardcore World wide relic hunters want but also give it to us in a functional easy to use and stylish package...That is Pretty much grab and go and actually make finds in hunted hard sites..

The R2 has to me been a CLEVER unit as it still keeps the unmasking and even pushes further..But its also Directly aimed at the Coin hunter here in the States..

You have a company Trying Hard to give what you want..I mean HARD...Don't take lightly what your seeing...It may never happen again..At least not so transparently in front of you

The FR is my favorite Unit ,But It may be easier for me to suggest to you the R2 if those 3 units you mentioned are the choices and your after a little bit of everything then That's My answer..

But it's just my opinion..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 20, 2016 05:54AM
bailey1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a Tom tuned and 3d altered cz6a that I am
> very happy with but would like a detector that
> will handle separation and deep iron nails better.
> I have read many posts on all brand forums and
> watched too many youtube videos trying to narrow
> the field. I hunt mostly old homesites. As you
> know, that doesn't mean that a home site say from
> the 1800's will not have been occupied in the late
> 1900's and hold a lot of modern trash or be
> littered with deep rusty nails. This seems to be
> where the cz struggles. However, after
> researching, maybe most struggle in that
> environment. I have considered the f75, racer2,
> and even the fors relic. Like I said, I really
> like my cz and find my share with it and will keep
> and use it regardless. But what say you? Is there
> a good companion to the cz that will add
> separation in the trash and keep good depth?

yes! and its NOT another detector!..try the 5" 'hockey puck concentric
coil for cz's!..i think you will like it!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 20, 2016 10:56PM
Thanks to all who responded. I will likely pick up a 5" coil. I have heard they are hit or miss to get a good one. The cz will then have all the options available, (I believe), even the plug in external speaker. Still, I will get another detector that may offer some options in sites that challenge the cz.