Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ctx in nails

Posted by sube 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ctx in nails
March 26, 2016 04:14AM
[youtu.be] Here's a vid I put up on findmall .Again I had trouble keeping on target camera in the way the traces build better and faster by being on target this is a visuial way to hunt in nails heck you don't even need any audio .This is in pinpoint sizing with target trace you have to watch the screen but when your in a carpet of nails your not whipping through it so I don't have a problem with it . Targets that are reading in the 40s well be brought down to the 20s high conductors and nickels and tabs well land in the 07 to 13 range depending on the size of nail covering them you will not get any lower vid except a nickel indian about 18 and up this is the cut off numbers when you won't go any lower because the coin is to well mask to show. If you don't want to watch the falsing part go to 2:39 sube
Re: Ctx in nails
March 26, 2016 08:33AM
thumbs down

mike
March 26, 2016 10:01PM
Enjoyed the video. Great info. Worth trying out. Great job!
March 27, 2016 02:47AM
Interesting way of utilizing the pinpoint and target trace features in conjunction with each other

although practicing/putting it to use in the real world would most likely be too time consuming to do it on a constant basis and get productive results (fill the pouch!) -- the experiment shows a way of using a machine to (imo) TRULY unmask unlike what many might think as unmasking

it's the only machine on the market that I know of that actually paints a picture in real time on a screen of a target lying under/in iron via tracing it/building a profile of it and presenting it to you visually

can other machines "unmask"?? yes = there are others that can see a target in/under iron targets and report them back to you via "tone alert" but nothing that can do what your vid shows the ctx is capable of

many machines can only "separate" targets out from in/among iron VS truly "unmask" and see THROUGH the iron to report a target underneath that is being masked/blocked by the iron for many machines

good vid thumbs down
March 27, 2016 02:56AM
Nice instruction..

What happens if the targets are say a few inches from the coil like say 4-5 inches..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 27, 2016 12:32PM
Thanks Keith something I overlooked well let you know going to try and play outside in the dirt and see what happens .
March 27, 2016 01:35PM
Thanks again Keith I ran the test just with the dime and nail as I showed in the video ferrous coin I could get 3 inches on a east west hit and full depth 7 inches on a north south hit but you were getting audio
High trash suffered worst 1 1/2 inches on the target on a east west hit north south hit was 7 inches but then you were getting audio .It would appear that the audio is tied to the trace because of the deeper hit going north south but at the same time trace will work with no audio at 1 1/2 to 3 inches depending on what mode you were in ? .
I have been using ferrous coin last year in (dirt ) when I'm hunting I have dug many targets down to 7 inches max that had no audio 1 way and audio the other some had no audio both ways . it might be that the north south hit was what I was hitting on since it's in ground maybe the ground has killed the audio on the coin but target trace picked it up . I guess it needs more testing or the detector has it's limitations . Again Kieth thanks for the heads up when this snow we have goes away I will do some more in (dirt) test . sube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 02:43PM by sube.
March 28, 2016 06:22PM
Good Info Sube...

More time in the field may indeed bring more answers to target orientation.

Good to see you delving into the CTX secrets..!!

One a side not..Used to years ago and I still do today although newer units are becoming better and better at down the barrell passing...I would run disc down low enough to get a beep null beep on the nails as i passed them down the barrel....I knew that att that angle off approach I would miss say a coin or artifact on non ferrous nature lying in that approach direction...So I could then check that nail that double beeped in the east west approach to the nail and if something was hiding there It would indeed beep ..a nail by itself would stay quiet..

I was using the disc setting to tell me when I approached a nail from the wrong angle as an alert to allow me to be able to here an adjacent target then I would know to try another angle and see if something was lurking there...

when you approach a a masked target from the right angle to unmask it is not a problem and unmasking occurs easily and without you knowing it..but approach from the wrong angle and you'll never know the nail is there or even know masking is occurring..

Worked great on field walking where nails could be isolated...Checked one at a time...

In machine gun iron nails though it becomes undoable..hard to isolate a double beep in a sea of them...But luckily the newer units help the down the barrell barrier..

Glad to see you Being Observant and THINKING...That's the Key...UNDERSTAND your units and I see your getting firsthand Knowledge of target interaction...So So important!!

Kudos!

Keith

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 28, 2016 08:50PM
I noticed quite a few nuances using mine. When just detecting it will show what you have in your scenario if you watch the screen. I don't pinpoint much with any detector but realized something was being shown when I did. I've been just holding the pinpoint button down but will switch over to sizing per it locks on looks like.
March 28, 2016 10:05PM
Jack Flynn target trace in pinpoint sizing is all metal the trace is 1 inch deeper in this mode compared to normal pinpoint where it de tunes to the target . It's like a boost mode which will show better trace than normal . Also you can tell the shape of the target not like normal . Good luck sube
March 28, 2016 10:23PM
Keith I did the same as you years ago but it was a pain in the A$$ I cut my teeth on a cheap $20.00 bfo back in 69 Things sure have change since then what is interesting about this minelab is it can see the coin under the nail and I am sure minelab knows this so I hope they make some more improvements in this area would be sweet if they gave it more depth and audio . sube
March 28, 2016 11:19PM
Cool video! I learned a lot about the 3030. Keep up the great work and vids!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 29, 2016 10:10PM
Well I think I got some more of this figured out went into the basement and did some more test , instead of using that 4 inch nail on the dime I replaced it with a 3 inch nail which I cut in half to make it 1 1/2 inches long.

I ran the same test with high trash and ferrous coin , bang it hit me in the head the nail over the dime was smaller now ferrous coin and high trash both hit the dime at 7 inches no problem but ferrous coin was much easier to see high trash would come in not quite as good but if I looked at the screen more carefully you could see where the blocks leading up to the top were a lighter shade which made it harder to see then again sometimes it would be very vivid .

So it works similar to audio the bigger the nail the less depth you would get in trace the nail did not give audio on the east west hit at any depth except when you went north and south . So then I took 2 nails a inch and a half and x them like in my video trying to kill the audio both ways which it did same results 7 inches no problem .

So on to a more realistic test outside in (dirt) same results but it started to struggle at 8 inches Fresh dug hole dime nail .I have to set up my nail board and give it a try I will let you know .

It would be nice if someone could do this in there dirt and let us know if you have hot soil and give us your results .:smile::smile::smile: sube