Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Not sure how many on here relic Hunt but why not ask...What's you best relic Find EVER?? Keeping with the Current theme!

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: One more Top Relic for Me......AND I shouldn't' let go of BUT I DID
March 29, 2016 05:01PM
The Guy was in Orlando I believe Tom..

Thanks for the info..

Yes Its a 5k Lock most certain...Oh well..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Very surely Daniel with those letters..

The way those early lines worked after the civil war especially were short lines were being bought up by companies and ro being built by small companys and hopefully they thought with enough leverage to link them together...My section ran from Atlanta to Rome here I believe...and there was sections in Tennessee and Virginia.

I hate to say to Daniel but the Button may have been more expensive than any Confederate button you may ever dig...

Maybe a Grand or more..

Got be careful on this Rail Road stuff....Those collectors are hardcore..

One high end Rail Road collector told me to keep good stuff off ebay..put it in specialized Rail Road auctions that's where the real money will come from..

Said on a Hot bidding war like my lock could of got into ..there not being another one out there it could of say out of passion went up to 7 or 8 grand though it was valued at 5k..

So anything marked by those small defunct lines that lasted only a few years especially in the South I've determined is High Dollar...

Anything that's one of a kind or rare is really sky's the limit if people want it to brag about having it in there collection..

Im sure the Lock I sold to the Florida Guy is a Big Centerpiece for him...He told me he would never sell it ..So he's drove the price of the item even higher till another one is found hes the sole owner..and the price dictator for it.. ..LOL...

Your button very well could be only one Known???Who Knows..Ill bet it was pricey though!!

Hate to hear it..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
My best relic find is my CW dog tag with the soilders name and reg on it, and then my CSA spur.
HH
Corey
Doc..Over the top relic...I.D. Tag!!

Priceless..

Congrats.

Would love to see it!

Your spur is is a Marked C.S. or C.S. Manufacturer?

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Thanks Keith.
I will post it soon. Not sure if I ever posted it here or not but I know I posted it somewhere lol
HH
Corey
That's one awesome collection of antique tools and relics thumbs down

Uncle Nudge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This hand-forged RR chain binder (for holding down
> logs in this case) is one of my favorite iron
> finds... guessing made/used/lost 1895-1915.
>
> [www.headphile.com]
Yes Uncle Nudge Great Tools..

AWESOME RAIL TOOL!!!

CONGRATS!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Keith here is the ID tag
Thomas M Scott co C 144th is along the rim and hard to see. N.Y.S.V is in the center.
War or union on back side with Eagle

Thomas M Scott born in Bovina NY in 1842. He enlisted at the age of 19 on August 25 1862. He was promoted to corporal in April 12 1863, and then to Sergeant on October 1 1864. He mustered out on June 25 1865 @ Hilton Head SC
He was in the Battle of Honey Hill SC and spent most of the war in SC and Florida defending ports and capturing islands ect..

I found this at and old stagecoach site back in the early 1990's with the CZ5
HH
Corey
WOW Corey!!!

HALLOWED FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrIceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing such a Treasure..High on my list...!!

As close as I've ever came was a G.A.R. Token with soldiers name...BUT it's not the same as YOURS..Im Very ENVIOUS OF IT!! Bordering on Jealousy I can Not lIe!!

Display it with honor!!

Lots of passion in that find!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Well here's mine

I've been blessed with a few good sites and machines. About 1 1/2 yrs Ago I bought my xp deus. The second time out with the xp I went to a little old railroad town more like a siding. I didn't even know how to setup the machine really turned on deus fast program with some custom tones I made and went to swinging. When the $5 1859 S mint popped out I didn't know what to do. I think I sat on my knees over the hole looking at the coin for long time. Then I thought hell, I might as well go home lol. Made sure the area didn't have anymore gold coins and left. Went home and showed the wife and kids.drinking smiley
My best relic find would be the very first CW bullet I found which happened to be carved on. That's what got me hooked on metal detecting and relic hunting I toted that bullet around in my pocket for months showing it off!! I found it with the original big box Bandido which I had the foggiest how to ground balance.
28th PVV corps badge, found in early 80's at Dug Gap on Rocky Face Ridge in NW Ga. Silver star with pin intact. It is pictured in Charles Harris' Western Campaign book. Soldiers Initials are J.P.W. Found on top of a big boulder just under the leaves. Using a Fisher VLF 552.

Barry
Kikindirt..

Ouch!!

Hurt my eyes!!!

That's AWESOME Congrats For Sure!!

I know you were on cloud Nine for a few months...HEeck you may still be???

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Good Find Morgan..

Yes I still have My first relic...(BULLET) that is the best.. the first find!!

We Need to go Hunt Morgan..

Im off weekends week after next..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Another Speechless Find..

Love to see a Pic!!

Congrats

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Sweet gold coin Kickindirt,congrats
HH
Corey
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WOW Corey!!!
>
> HALLOWED
> FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Congrats BIG
> TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> PrIceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Thanks for sharing such a Treasure..High on my
> list...!!
>
> As close as I've ever came was a G.A.R. Token with
> soldiers name...BUT it's not the same as YOURS..Im