Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Maybe some worthy Tesoro news

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Maybe some worthy Tesoro news
March 28, 2016 11:32PM
Re: Maybe some worthy Tesoro news
March 29, 2016 12:22AM
Wow they have not done anything for a long time wonder if they will ever catch up

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 29, 2016 12:59AM
I bet it hasn't been a big seller for them since the Compadre just about matches its performance and exceeds its performance on very small gold, for a lot less $$$.
The Cibola has nearly the same fixed features as the Silver a better and deeper detector. Why buy a Silver?

Here's a thought why, could be way off base. Just my thought process.
If they were to bring out a new detector, price point wise with features it would have to fall somewhere in between what they now have to compete with other brands, models that offer much more for the money.
So that means something has to go, not sure if people will pay $1000 for a beep and dig Tesoro. So the new product would have to be below the Tejon, their flagship detector.
To increase sales, drop the price of the Cibola down to the Silver price, drop the Outlaw down to current Cibola price, drop the Vaquaro down to current Outlaw price. That leaves a price point open between the
Outlaw and Tejon. Providing the new machine has better performance features than the V and just below the Tejon, the complete line of detectors will generate an increase of sales of all machines without raising the prices higher than the Tejon. Maybe the Cazador will appear after all?

Either that is what they are up to or they are phasing out machines that don't sell well. keeping the line of detector models to a few.
That will be two gone, the famed Golden Sabre and the Silver uamx.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2016 01:07AM by Sven1.
March 29, 2016 01:33AM
It's funny, but IF Tesoro were to modernize and put out, just three detectors that had the features of today's models with Tesoro's legendary electronics, they would be back in the game as a major player.
March 29, 2016 01:48AM
speculation off a random internet thread?
March 29, 2016 01:54AM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> speculation off a random internet thread?

Key word in the thread title..."Maybe",,,
March 29, 2016 02:22AM
The Compadre is the lowest priced Tesoro, for around $160.65
The Silver is around $254.15
The Cibola is around $361.25 (these are Kellyco prices)

I am hoping that Tesoro will come out with a flagship type of detector, not a lower/middle end detector to take the place of the Silver.

If they don't do a beep and dig and decide to offer a VDI machine, I hope they do it right.. with a large screen display.
March 29, 2016 02:55AM
If they just bought a BH land Ranger pro and copied it and tesoroized it they would be miles ahead of where they are now.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
March 29, 2016 04:30AM
They could do themselves a big favor and still keep their beep and dig philosophy (which I kind of like) with maybe a multi tone option and maybe even adding a dual frequency machine to their line up.

I don't think they need to re-invent the wheel to have a winner on their hands. Their machines perform well in a lot of areas already. By just adding a couple of useful features, it could attract lot of people.

HH
John
March 29, 2016 12:02PM
I hope they come out with a ground buster that drops jaws.
March 29, 2016 12:04PM
Keith already mentioned the Tejon is the perfect platform to advance with and made key points what it would take to put it on top.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 29, 2016 12:08PM
DirtyJohn Wrote:
> They could do themselves a big favor and still
> keep their beep and dig philosophy (which I kind
> of like) with maybe a multi tone option and maybe
> even adding a dual frequency machine to their line
> up.
>
> I don't think they need to re-invent the wheel to
> have a winner on their hands. Their machines
> perform well in a lot of areas already. By just
> adding a couple of useful features, it could
> attract lot of people.
>
> HH

> John

They had the Golden uMax as multi tone beep and dig, somehow they lost the technology/coding to make them. Never understood that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2016 12:11PM by cadman.
wjs
March 29, 2016 12:31PM

They had the Golden uMax as multi tone beep and dig, somehow they lost the technology/coding to make them. Never understood that.

I think they had the right idea on the Golden but it just had no depth. If they would put tones on the Vaquero that would be better. Tones like on the CZ3D.....;o)
March 29, 2016 12:45PM
wjs Wrote:
> They had the Golden uMax as multi tone beep and
> dig, somehow they lost the technology/coding to
> make them. Never understood that.
>
>
>
> I think they had the right idea on the Golden but
> it just had no depth. If they would put tones on
> the Vaquero that would be better. Tones like on
> the CZ3D.....;o)

Agree.
March 29, 2016 04:22PM
I'm assuming the LCD display on the Cortes isn't a true VDI?

There's something about the no-frills Tesoro detectors I like, but when I look at the MSRPs it gives me a little pause. I like the idea of different tones for different conductivity also.

I'd like to see Tesoro do well too, and hope they can come up with a good stategy.
March 29, 2016 05:09PM
I like beep and dig Tesoros when hunting around old house sites and torn down historic old churches, one room school houses and pick nick groves...etc. Who needs TID when a relic shovel is my only discriminator. The ED 120 single tone Bandidos and the Tesoro Outlaw are what I use. Not making any false claims about them being superior to the new digital units of today. There is just something about that single tone Tesoro language that speaks volumes about the target. Then with the threshold based all metal, an operator can get an idea of how big or small the target is and to a certain extent, the depth as perceived by the modulation of the all metal signal....JM2¢
March 30, 2016 12:50AM
Tejon with ten turn GB and two tone with iron volume would be a step in the right direction.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
March 30, 2016 02:11AM
Funny , thats one of my favorites, it seems when i like a detector then they stop making them

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon