Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coin Test Garden with Saltwater

Posted by HumblePie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coin Test Garden with Saltwater
May 10, 2008 03:36PM
Hi NASA Tom,

Some detectorists claim that adding saltwater into the freshly dug holes of their newly created coin garden can have the effect of yielding depth results (within a fairly short time period of a few months) similar to what might have been expected if the ground had not been disturbed. Are you familiar with this idea, and is there any substance to it? Thanks, Jim.
Re: Coin Test Garden with Saltwater
May 12, 2008 01:44AM
Yes...... I think I covered this in the DVD also. Salt water does help the coin (or other test-garden targets) to expedite the 'electrical connect' to the dirt....... simulating,,,as if the target had been in the ground for a long time.

Tom
Re: Coin Test Garden with Saltwater
May 12, 2008 05:16PM
Hi NASA Tom,

Thanks for that confirmation. Tom, I've read a number of references to your DVD, boy am I a dumcluck, before finishing this message I checked your site and see it's easily available. I'll buy a copy soon as the wife gets home...she knows better how to buy things online. That way I won't be asking repetetive questions. With my new F-75, I believe it'll be just excellent viewing. Thanks again Tom, Jim.