Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

America lose's Country Icon.

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
America lose's Country Icon.
April 06, 2016 10:38PM
I know this off topic, But to Me it is worth mentioning. The Great Merle Haggard passed away last night at the age of 79. Some here are too young to remember this Country and Western Singer Song writing legend. He was a Favorite of Mine and My Fathers all time favorite Country artist. When My Father passed a couple years back I played The Song Workin' Man Blues at His Funeral when He lost His battle to Cancer as He was a hard working Man back when everybody worked. Just thought I would Honor His Memory.
Re: America lose's Country Icon.
April 06, 2016 10:40PM
Loved his music,, prayers and condolences to his friends and family.
April 06, 2016 11:02PM
Rest In Peace, Merle.
April 06, 2016 11:20PM
Not much of a country fan, but the guy was awesome. The world lost a great entertainer.
April 07, 2016 12:43AM
So, he didn't detect?
April 07, 2016 01:17AM
Was a living legend. Sad to see him go.
Mama tried!
RIP Merle
April 07, 2016 01:29AM
Here's an interesting quote today from Ben Haggard, Merles youngest son. "A week ago dad told us he was gonna pass on his birthday, and he wasn't wrong. A hour ago he took his last breath surrounded by family and friends. He loved everything about life and he loved that everyone of you gave him a chance with his music. He wasn't just a country singer.. He was the best country singer that ever lived." RIP Merle.
April 07, 2016 01:57AM
Thats too bad. Ive heard that garth brooks is an avid detectorist
April 07, 2016 02:58AM
RIP Hag. Thanks for all the great songs
April 07, 2016 03:48AM
squarenail_cache Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats too bad. Ive heard that garth brooks is an
> avid detectorist

Hank Williams Jr. is/was. A few years ago Troy G. invited me to a hunt in Virginia and told me he had a surprise. I got there late. Him, his friends were cavorting and having some beers together. Too bad I missed it.