Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

People Keep Rushing Out To Jump On This Train and That Train For Newest And Latest Detector Out

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hi tabman,

My history goes back to 1977 and as we all know there was NO information available then except magazines.
A wait of a month before the next magazine to hit the shelves was always anticipated.
Would the 'next issue' show [ a New detector ] model from a manufacturer?
If it did it [ usually ] made some [ claims ] and when the "detector" was purchased disappointment [ usually ] set in because [ it didn't do what one (me) thought it would do ]

This scenario went on for years UNTIL "Fisher" introduced the 1260-X - "What a revelation!"

Next to [ go above what was claimed ] was "Tesoro's Golden Sabre"

After that things fell into the "detector doldrums" again as many more New detector models from many manufacturers didn't live up to the hype.

I think that "Minelab" broke the mould with it's "Explorer XS" in 2000
Sadly, speaking of 'broke' the thing "broke" all over the thing all over the World BUT "Dang" did it perform or what???"

I really haven't been "disappointed" with New detectors in the past 10 years as they are now mostly very good.

Good Hunting

Des D
With today's mean of communicating and sharing information.

A metal detector manufacturer really needs no advertisement,, all they need to do is make a great performing product.

Any and all products they make--- each detector must have at least 1 good niche about it to be a good viable seller,, sure more than 1 is even better.

This is where the more advanced/ successful makers are I think,,,, depth and separation/ unmasking with the same detector

Of course research and production cost have to be taken into account,, because whichever maker can get to the " supposed" end of the rainbow,,, and can sell this overall better performing detector for the least money--- will be a magnet of sorts for folks to purchase.

This end of the rainbow,, however will only be temporarily,,, as technological advancements are sure to continue.

The Minelab folks-- bless their hearts,, folks can say what they want,,, but they have indeed took metal detecting tech to the higher levels vs most other manufacturers.

Xp too have done their fair share here as well.

The Makro/Nokta folks are chiseling away,,, they are definitely progressing,,, they could very well be where Minelab is now down the road,, in not too many years.

One thing is for certain,,, in this digital media,, Information Age,,, if a manufacturer makes great detector it will get get noticed and bought,,, if they make a dud,, it will sit on the shelves at dealers and warehouses.
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi tabman,
>
> My history goes back to 1977 and as we all know
> there was NO information available then except
> magazines.
> A wait of a month before the next magazine to hit
> the shelves was always anticipated.
> Would the 'next issue' show [ a New detector ]
> model from a manufacturer?
> If it did it [ usually ] made some [ claims ] and
> when the "detector" was purchased disappointment [
> usually ] set in because [ it didn't do what one
> (me) thought it would do ]
>
> This scenario went on for years UNTIL "Fisher"
> introduced the 1260-X - "What a revelation!"
>
> Next to [ go above what was claimed ] was
> "Tesoro's Golden Sabre"
>
> After that things fell into the "detector
> doldrums" again as many more New detector models
> from many manufacturers didn't live up to the
> hype.
>
> I think that "Minelab" broke the mould with it's
> "Explorer XS" in 2000
> Sadly, speaking of 'broke' the thing "broke" all
> over the thing all over the World BUT "Dang" did
> it perform or what???"
>
> I really haven't been "disappointed" with New
> detectors in the past 10 years as they are now
> mostly very good.
>
> Good Hunting
>
> Des D

You skipped the Fisher cz's as they were a game changer big time.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
Seems to happen to all of us. I remember getting on the Whiltes XLT train when that machine came out. it was good but depth was just average. I have owned top machines from all the manufacturers and still like my Nautilus DMC 2B the best. It has superior depth to any machine made today and it is a 20 year old machine. I own a Fisher F75 with DST and like it a lot but it still would take that Nautilus every day of the week. Lesson learned is find a machine you like and stay with it. We too many times get sucked into target separation or some other type of hype only to find it doesn't pan out.