Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What's the deal with DeepTech undercutting dealers

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What's the deal with DeepTech undercutting dealers
April 09, 2016 01:25PM
Holy Rolly, just spotted ebay's newest seller DeepTech selling new detectors direct from the factory to the US way below what the US dealer is selling them for.
Plus they have added make an offer, means they will take even less.

Not good for N. America's only dealer who also sells them on ebay. Not good for any others who contemplated becoming a dealer.
What's going on here? I like my Vista Gold but, think this is pretty low of a company.

[www.ebay.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Re: What's the deal with DeepTech undercutting dealers
April 09, 2016 04:52PM
Think that before all is said and done with shipping and import taxes you're looking at about the same ?
April 09, 2016 06:15PM
That's not the point.
The factory is taking away sales from the very person they are expecting to promote and sell their detectors in the US who just invested heavily into becoming a dealer this year.
Not sure if there are any import fees shipping one detector to an individual in the US.
Even with shipping DT was undercutting the dealer, who was offering free shipping.
Something fishy is going on in Bulgaria..............................?

Works for me
April 09, 2016 07:06PM
Buy cheaper in Bulgaria, but deal with possible import delays, fees and shipping back and forward to Bulgaria in case of dfcts, or pay a couple bucks more in the USA, have the detector in under a week and your warranty / service station is right around the corner... you decide. It's a global market these days smiling smiley

No dog in this fight, and no idea what the current understanding or agreement between the USA importer and the manufacturer is , but i noticed it's easier to find the Deeptech Bulgaria site compared to Deeptech USA when searching via google. Didn't see a lot of marketing activity on the USA side for this brand.

Perhaps the importer can give some input before we start nailing Deeptech's balls to the wall?
April 09, 2016 10:24PM
The only dedicated Deeptech forum in the US is at Findmall where Deeptech sponsors the forum and the US dealer is a forum sponsor as well.
Let's say he was actively promoting, ordering units and selling thru the forum, ebay and other venues. Hoping to get a ground hold on the Us market.
But, there's a lot of resistance by many purchasing a DT, DT has not updated their own website in what 5 years with current dealers and not removed
non-existant dealers. They haven't been too active on the forum either when it comes to operational answers to questions, manual downloads etc.

I like my DT Vista Gold and proud to own it and be helpful to others. I don't know it all. I rely on Tom D's forum here for answers, thanks to Keith S. for the
biggest wealth of useful info that I tend to pass along to others. As well as Gary's UK forum and test reviews that helped DT gain some popularity.

I did make a suggestion to DT to expand the disc range from foil up to zinc penny or so that's more in line with American coinshooters and jewelry hunters.
Think that would have helped sales and brought over some Tesoro fans.

With what's going on overseas in many countries in these uncertain times..............your foreign detector warranty or repair facility might not mean much......
But, that never bothered me if I really wanted to buy and try an overseas machine.

Works for me
April 10, 2016 12:17AM
I really am amazed at the Vista Gold and the depth that machine can reach especially for a 25khz machine. I would love for them to incorporate multi-tones and a TID meter. Seems like a desperate move to keep the company's head above water. Then again, I have been wrong before smoking smiley
April 10, 2016 01:15AM
Sven as You Know I've always been more than impressed with the DTVG..

There still high on my list..

And keep an eye out!

Keit

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 10, 2016 01:39AM
Sven, I just posted a question about it on their forum. I would like to hear their reasoning on this sales/marketing angle. Seems like a bad deal for Richards dealership on the Deeptech units to me as well. I still love the two Deeptech units that I own. I would like to see them make a unit with the expanded discrimination range and TID as well...Stuart