Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Have you ever ate crow? "Update" I'm eating crow pie now per the R2...

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Have you ever ate crow? "Update" I'm eating crow pie now per the R2...
April 11, 2016 04:55PM
I've had the R2 for almost a month now. Actually put it up for sale. Well I'll eat a big ole crow pie on that now! Got out Saturday after several attempts to try and unlock some of the places I have hunted to death with the R1, R2, CoRe, FG+, and recently the CTX and ETrac. I couldn't get it to perform like I was wanting it too and just marked it off as the R1 and CoRe had just cleaned it totally out followed by the CTX for many many hours getting the deeper stuff. Same front yards of a couple of turn of the century houses now abandoned and dilapidated. Well crow tastes good....... Really does I've ate them many times. This crow pie was especially satisfying. Well what interested me the most about the R2 was the iron volume. Well, ok, it just didn't do the trick like I thought it would, by itself anyway. When I coupled it with the correct tone break for me being a coin hunter and started triple and quadruple checking targets in this place I know very very well, I thought, things started to come together. It was like the first time I ran the CoRe in a place that many many hours of detecting had been done on and it unlocked on another level I had yet to see. Well the murder of crows came home for me this past Saturday again. Hard for me to realize again just what all my other machines and many others machines had missed in plain sight, again. For me, a coin hunter, moving the tone break up to 78 in 3 tone and turning the iron volume down to 1 coins starting popping out "again". I guess we've unmasked the unmaskers again for a lack of better words. With the iron volume up I could get a passing slight glimpse of something might be there. Dropping it one digit at a time over many targets would expose the culprit of what I wanted to dig a lot. The iron was hiding these items still just having to listen to the iron. Well crow tastes good ya'll. This is heavy polluted with everything you can imagine in the ground place. A lot of you have seen a few of the videos and the amount pollution I hunt in. This was with the stock coil too! Haven't yet ran the small on the R2 at this place. I've still got to learn a couple of nuances looks like. More time will be spent. Anyway 20+ coins, six of which are wheat pennies, a crushed silver ring and a few other items. Just dang I didn't think it could get any better............ The bottle caps and pieces of tin in the picture were in the same holes as the targets. I'm a huge fan of the turkish machines and thought the chickens had flew the coup, but really the crows came home lol

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 12:17AM by Jack Flynn.
Re: Have you ever ate crow? I'm eating crow pie now per the R2...
April 11, 2016 05:07PM
Crow tastes good Jack,, we eat them here in Tn all the time,, along with possums, coon, even chicken Hawks.

Seriously anytime time a person changes course,,,as long as it is based on truth--- nothing at all wrong

It takes a special person to admit mistakes, or change their opinion based on more data.

I'm glad you are liking your detector.

I can't believe one of those $1 gold coins hadn't been discovered using any of the latter Makro or Nokta units.

I have a feeling though,, with these newer Nokta relic users hitting the turf--- will happen sooner than later.

I hope it does,, been expecting ole Lawrenzo do hit one,, I wouldn't put it past Wayne, Michigan Relic Hunter to hit one,, there are others here too I"d like to see get one with their detectors.

Chances of it being me--- extremely slim to impossible,,, but I can still take part in someone else's excitement,,, should they indeed STRIKE one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2016 05:08PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 11, 2016 05:48PM
Good for you Jack. Can you comment on the target depth and soil conditions? The reason I wonder is I have been doing some testing against a buddy using an Etrac with stock coil. The soil we have hits about 80 on phase and about 2/3 of the pie chart. Bad juju already. What I have found is my red Racer with stock or 5x10 coil simply can't get past 5 inches. He will find a target with a clean tone and ID and tell me it's a wheat at 6-7 inches. I come by with the Racer and nothing on 3 tone, maybe a minor squeak in 2 tones after several passes and about the same in all metal. This is with the gain at different levels all the way to 99 and the ID Filter turned down to 10 or under. The Racer is great for our heavy trash ghost towns but for coin hunts in local parks I am not at all satisfied at least for our conditions. This is consistent at different locations we have hunted. We are finding newer clad above 5 inches and older coins and silver below 5 inches so it's a pretty important performance test.
April 11, 2016 06:31PM
That's my experience with the R1. In heavy minerals like you said, the small coil did better for me as seeing less dirt. The R2, well I've got a video loading to the Tube in my coin garden. Pretty much good soil. It's deep in all modes comparatively, 3 tone being the least. All modes will hit the 10 inch dime, 3 tone the least. Everything else is a piece of cake. 11 inch quarter it nails. In deep, AM, and 2 tone you can lift the coil a good bit off the ground. Deep is well, 5-6 inches off the ground on the 11 inch quarter, that's crazy...... But what you describe that FBS will trump others in higher minerals mostly I would think. Not in the trashiest places though.
April 11, 2016 06:38PM
I'm a Makro fan but if you have bad soil it's hard to beat a FBS machine.
The bigger coils will work on the racers to get you deeper than the 10x5 but the ID starts to drop off rapidly in bad soil
as you get deeper.
Even my friends high end Vi3 thinks my deep coins signals are bottle caps if he hears them at all.
If someone could make a detector that works trash like a Macro and IDs coins at 9" like a CTX in bad soil
I'll be the first in line to buy.
Bryan
April 11, 2016 06:46PM
One wonders how many excellent detectors were let go due to being used with inexperienced hands...Some take days-months or even a season to properly learn the plus an minus of the unit in hand...Imagine we all have ate a bit of crow along the way....
April 11, 2016 07:00PM
Jack on the tone/audio side of the R2 that you are figuring out, do you think the R2 blends the audio as well as the R1 or maybe even better than the R1 since you have made the adjustments? Are you still able to distinguish the trash from the good stuff like you could with the R1?

Cabin Fever said "If someone could make a detector that works trash like a Macro and IDs coins at 9" like a CTX in bad soil
I'll be the first in line to buy. "

I agree. But I really don't like lugging Minelabs around. Or using a support strap, etc. But I just may not have a choice given the conditions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2016 07:02PM by TabWhisperer.
April 11, 2016 07:23PM
Nice crow there Jack thumbs down
April 11, 2016 07:49PM
"For me, a coin hunter, moving the tone break up to 78 in 3 tone and turning the iron volume down to 1 coins starting popping out "again". I guess we've unmasked the unmaskers again for a lack of better words. With the iron volume up I could get a passing slight glimpse of something might be there. Dropping it one digit at a time over many targets would expose the culprit of what I wanted to dig a lot. The iron was hiding these items still just having to listen to the iron. Well crow tastes good ya'll. This is heavy polluted with everything you can imagine in the ground place"

I'm going to try that out with my R2 later this week...I've only been out twice due to inclement weather and
only used 2-tone....3-tone sounds interesting as my locales sound very similar to yours....especially the hunted out nature....

also, I definitely prefer the small coil and 6x10...the 7x11 feels nose heavy, weighty and unbalanced so
I'll just be using the 2 small ones...the 6x10 feels pretty nice...

really like that spoon...most of our home cuttlery is stuff I've found....
April 11, 2016 07:49PM
Jack..

Yes you have to dial the R2 in..

and YES it unmask better than a R1 it was built to do what yuo are doing..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 11, 2016 09:35PM
Naw but have ate a lot of Robin's back in the late 60,s & 70's. Preferred them over dove.
Bobwhite quail was awesome but haven't heard a covey in many years.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
Re: Have you ever ate crow? "Update" I'm eating crow pie now per the R2...
April 12, 2016 12:26AM
Took the small coil to the same spot this afternoon for a couple of hours. I'll say, Crow is great! Several wheats, all with trash in the holes co located, learning the nuances, definitely different than the R1. Mercury dime that had iron laying on it. Here's some pics again. Also when I got home I had the small coil attached, sooooooo I said to myself, run it in the coin garden........ You'll have to do it yourself to believe it..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 12:43AM by Jack Flynn.
April 12, 2016 12:34AM
Stop that Jack,,, or you'll have me back at the detector store..LOL
April 12, 2016 12:42AM
Crow is so good! You'll have one once you see the video. The machine eats an 11" quarter for dinner, 8" penny no contest even raising the coil several inches off the ground and the nickel the same. 10" dime is there but just barely in a couple of modes. All with the small coil.............................................................
April 12, 2016 03:41AM
Impressive!

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
April 12, 2016 04:29PM
Guys on other forum still want your racer 2 package lol.
April 12, 2016 04:37PM
Does the R2 have adjustable Modulated audio? Thanks.
April 12, 2016 04:45PM
BTM they can order one lol. Harold I'm sure it does not have adjustable modulated audio. I might be mistaken. Crow is good!
April 13, 2016 02:42AM
Jack, when I saw you list the R2, I thought, man that thing must be a dud! But I read other reports from guys liking it so I figured I better read more reports before I make a decision. WELL, you have cleared up things in my mind about the R2.
April 13, 2016 03:37AM
My screen name on other forums I go to is CrowT. Everybody in the archery world knows me as Crow. So I must say, I got a little uncomfortable when I logged in here and saw this thread and posts haha.
April 13, 2016 07:20AM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jack, when I saw you list the R2, I thought, man
> that thing must be a dud! But I read other
> reports from guys liking it so I figured I better
> read more reports before I make a decision.
> WELL, you have cleared up things in my mind about
> the R2.

yess! crow is delicious!..tastes like chicken!
we all "run off at the mouth' from time to time!
it's the" human being" inside all of us! to f**k up is
human,however if one "learns" from the gaffe,then all is
forgiven,and forgotten!..

(h.h.!)
j.t.