Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

White's MX Sport All Metal Mode

Posted by Reeseb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
White's MX Sport All Metal Mode
April 12, 2016 02:14AM
Hey does anyone know if the MX Sport has a true all metal mode that bypasses discrimination? And if so, does it have an adjustable threshold in this mode? I'm talking about no motion all metal like in pin point mode.
Re: White's MX Sport All Metal Mode
April 12, 2016 09:24AM
Yes & Yes
Threshold adjustable from 0 Silent to 20 Full on and at that range a target won't increase the already very Loud Threshold (keep it Low)

VCO can also be used in AM and another 'advantage' is 'Iron Grunt audio' can also be 'Turned On'
Target ID's appear to be accurate also in AM on fast single sweeps
April 12, 2016 10:31AM
is possible to take a detector running in discrimination mode and set it to accept all targets. You are now running with zero discrimination, and the detector now sounds off on all targets. The problem is that some detector manufacturers are labeling this zero discrimination mode as an "all metal" mode since all metals are being detected.

Unfortunately, you have not really turned off the discrimination. A true all metal mode employs no filtering at all, it directly reports a target. In zero discrimination the target is still being filtered, but you are telling the machine to report all filtered targets as good targets. The bad news is you still are losing depth and sensitivity compared to the true all metal modes.

Steve Herschbach, From One Of His Post
April 14, 2016 02:06AM
So I don't think we have a definitive answer here. I hear the machines throws up VDI numbers in all metal mode. If that's the case, I have to wonder if it is in a true all metal mode.
April 14, 2016 02:15AM
Reeseb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I don't think we have a definitive answer here.
> I hear the machines throws up VDI numbers in all
> metal mode. If that's the case, I have to wonder
> if it is in a true all metal mode.

I may be missing something here,,,,My Makro Racer I think has true AM,,and it does post VDI numbers when running in AM--- granted you can't get too far away from the coil for it to do,,farther away just the sound.

My Fisher 75dst,, I traded,,, if my memory is correct,,,, running AM it did the same as the Makro Racer when in AM.

To my knowledge,,, both of the above have true AM Capabilities.
April 14, 2016 04:58AM
It can be a true all metal threshold based mode and still have a I.D.

the I.D. is just sampled from the disc side..

Even the Old school 5900 running in threshold based single channel all metal mode showed the I.d. on the meter from the phase shifted circuit..

So its possible to do it..and has been done now for 30 years or so...

But if that's the way it works I haven't used one So cant say..??But its doable and should not be based off of it not being a true all metal mode because the I.D. works in the all metal mode..

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 14, 2016 11:28PM
Makes sense, guys. Thanks!
April 14, 2016 11:54PM
My IDX Pro's meter works in all metal, and while doing so gives good id's on targets deeper than it can give audio id in discriminate.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold