Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Well I have been gone most of the day and now I see

Posted by Jackpine 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Well I have been gone most of the day and now I see
December 31, 2010 05:42PM
jbow
... but heck, if the button is sticking out like that... it is hard to not push it.

Julien

LoL!

Shambler
I would encourage everyone to choose words carefully since this is all public record. If you hurt their potential to earn money with their site, and they've made it clear that's what it's about, then you may be called to the carpet at some point.

Very good point sir. However, it would be very difficult to prove that their site exists for the sole purpose of making money. That would be best stated in a "mission statement", or something similar, that most forum sites don't have. It does not exist on Findmall. Of course, if I speak to a sponsor and tell a lie, then I'm fair game for slander. Again, as you suggested, speak the truth and choose your words carefully.

From a dollars and cents perspective, a court would rule damages in the amount monetary harm done, something akin to the profit lost in selling one new detector. Hmmm, way too much trouble...
December 31, 2010 09:16PM
Well, I did ask about my "banning" and the mod over there gave me a lengthy reply. I think he must have had me confused with some other people as I didn't really say much and even tried to calm down SJ. I asked why I didn't get a warning, why I'm banned (and my post is still there about the Tom D. reviews) and why not SJ? The mod replied and apologized. Said he got me confused with all that was going on. So, I'm happy to be back on the forum but I am a bit sad by all that went down there. If I had a say I'd really wish that they could have another look at the sponsor relationship but time may change things there.

With all that the internet is doing with transparency (e.g. - Wiki Leaks, google video, sites in general) it is really not in Garrett or any other company's interests to stop the flow of information. (and I'm not saying Garrett did that but they should be aware of what is going on on their largest following forum as it might affect their reputation.)

Of note, the mod told me Sunny Jim was deactivated there. I'm really not for that either, but I have to say it's more than fair as he really got that whole thread argument going.

Hopefully after more results, reports, etc. come out for the AT Pro we can solve if there really are any issues as was mentioned here and by a few others. Since I use the same handle here and since I don't want to add fuel to the fire I won't bad mouth the forum (any more but I was pissed when I got banned for the before mentioned reasons.) But I will never stop expressing what I feel is fair and just, no going in the closet when issues pop up. I don't ever want them "coming for me".
December 31, 2010 10:08PM
I posted an earlier post, and I repeated a rumor... even though I said that it was a rumor, I should not have posted it. I said that I heard that a person who is a large dealer was a mod on the Garrett forum at FM. I will not mention the name again as those who saw it will remember, those who didn't don't need to know.

I received a polite note from the person explaining that they had and have nothing to do with anything on FM. Now... this person could have chewed me out with a nasty message but he didn't. He was nice and if I may say was a better man about it. I repeated a rumor... it was a stupid thing to do and I apologized and I apologize in public too. I think it says a lot that I didn't get a nasty note, only a request to remove his name.

I was wrong in more ways than one and I have a new respect for this person and will be doing more business with him.

Sorry for my mess...

Julien
qwk
December 31, 2010 10:50PM
"Although less than perfect, I believe that this forum allows an extremely high level of freedom of speech and still maintains an acceptable amount of civility. "

I found this super funny. Are you kidding me? That forums has about as much freedom of speech as North Korea.

The best part is, the dictators are all Repubs. Talk about hypocrasy.LOL
@#$%&
January 01, 2011 08:19AM
Ok.............. I just went to the CZ forum at Find's to check on a post about the CZ-3D. In this post, both I and another poster mentioned Tom's name in relation to some things that he had said about the detector. Well, it appears that the name "Dankowski" has now been changed to: "@#$%&".

This is not just that particular post; it is every - single - post that ever contained the name "Dankowski". Just do a search - you'll see........

I still enjoy Find's forums. There are some good people there and it has been a great place to get information and exchange ideas. I just don't understand what's going on over there lately..........
Re: @#$%&
January 01, 2011 10:46AM
mrwilburino Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok.............. I just went to the CZ forum at
> Find's to check on a post about the CZ-3D. In this
> post, both I and another poster mentioned Tom's
> name in relation to some things that he had said
> about the detector. Well, it appears that the name
> "Dankowski" has now been changed to: "@#$%&".
>
> This is not just that particular post; it is every
> - single - post that ever contained the name
> "Dankowski". Just do a search - you'll
> see........
>
> I still enjoy Find's forums. There are some good
> people there and it has been a great place to get
> information and exchange ideas. I just don't
> understand what's going on over there
> lately..........

But didn't Tom help to design the CZ-3D? Seems a bit overblown...
Re: @#$%&
January 01, 2011 01:55PM
At Finds Tom's name is treated like a 4-letter word for all the 'controlling' reasons mentioned above. Sometimes you can get away with www.d-ankowskidetectors.com but at other times it illicits a stern warning via PM.

Tom is the most feared guy over there. Remember, a candid review has the potential for a Findmall sponsor to lose a sale (or otherwise consummate one, but remember, the glass is always half empty at Finds.)

Keep Fear Alive!