Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wanting help with Racer 2

Posted by deadeye 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wanting help with Racer 2
April 14, 2016 09:47AM
I am having problems trying to get the best settings on the racer 2. I have found some coins in places that I have detected with other detectors, but not many more. I have been running in 3 tone most of the time. The ground balances around 65, so not bad ground. I am trying to get a good high sound on targets that are in with trash.

I was able to find a good civil war button with the racer 2. The button in size is between a quarter and fifty cent piece.
Re: Wanting help with Racer 2
April 14, 2016 12:08PM
This thread,,, might have info to help you.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
April 14, 2016 02:47PM
Hi Deadeye! Tell me what you are looking for, how much trash rejection you want and type of area you are in.

Here are some tips to get you started:

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
April 15, 2016 08:09AM
The area I am looking in is loaded with old and modern trash. It is a park from early 1800s. There is one area that people told me about that had lots of activity, and people found a lot of silver coins in. Using the AT PRO I found a 3c piece 1852, 10c from Canada 1909 & 1901 IH, from that spot, so far the racer 2 has found nothing there. In 2 tone I get an iron grunt with a faint high tone with no id, in 3 tone it struggles to separate targets.
April 15, 2016 02:11PM
Here's what I'd do until the audio clicks with ya. First off the great thing about the Turkish machines is they alert you that something is there like no other. Then you can dissect what might have gave you that high tone. Set the iron audio at 1, run the second tone break up to 78 or 79. Make the 79 and up tone at the highest khz. Then the mid tone move it enough away from the highest khz that your ears can distinguish the difference readily. Any, I say any high tone deserves a look see if you're a coin shooter. What you'll find is hunting in high trash like that you'll see TID's blipping all over the place. That's what makes the machines so good at coin hunting. The machines are seeing everything in the ground virtually and ID'ing it. Dissect the target good walking around it. If I see or hear that high tone or a good ID blipping in and out I'll dig it almost always. You'll eventually learn what that good sweet short sound of a coin sounds like. Using all 3 pieces of info, audio, TID and repeat-ability of "tone" the coins will start popping out of the ground for you. Let the machine teach you. The iron audio tripped the trigger for me as it opened up a new frontier for me lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2016 02:21PM by Jack Flynn.
April 15, 2016 02:37PM
There wont be a target ID on targets deeper than 8 inches. So if you get good tones and no ID, dig them automatically. Also, coins like nickels may well get a partial iron grunt at extreme depths.

Pick a small section and clear some trash.

Clear large overload signals.

Dig iffy's
April 15, 2016 03:30PM
For me it's two tone and your audio tone set to 5 then you just dig and not think about coins because they all hide in the iron when relic hunting, So an iron mix is a good thing when I hunt, if your at a park then I can't help you..don't worry about an ID just dig

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!