Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Relic = Live digs/Field Test Video grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors Relic = Live digs/Field Test Video grinning smiley
April 17, 2016 11:05PM
Hey all,

like a few others here = I'm just getting out with my new FR machine as the weather has finally broke/allowed for some diggin/testing!

This is/was basically 1st run with the machine so I didn't cover a lot in regards to the machine itself in the video but I must say that so far I'm certainly impressed with what I've seen this far. It's sort of a FG+ machine but with the added features makes it a bit different too = it pushes into a league of its own for sure. The iron vol control is a welcome added feature for sure. The machine runs just as hot/if not hotter than the FG+ but you don't end up fatigued from hearing all the iron full blast like with the FG+

As stated in the vid = I ran it in Di2, sense at about 80/81, IDmask 3, Imask 0, iron vol 3, Tone break 10 for a bit but once I ventured into the site where the heavy iron/trash is = it didn't/doesn't seem to allow for that much power which I feel is better suited for a bit cleaner of a site where you can actually get some depth in running at that level so I switched to Di3 (3 tone), cranked sens max 99, dropped tone break to 32 (runs on a different scale than in Di2) and everything else the same as above and that's when the site started to come alive/finds started popping out amongst the iron/trash. Now - this isn't to say that running in Di2 in this site (or one like it with a lot of iron/trash) wouldn't produce finds but it just seems that it's way more power than needed for sifting and that the Di3 mode took a lot of the guesswork out of it = maybe Keith can chime in with some words on this?

Also as stated in the vid = I've ran 4/5 different machines in this site as well as my buddy using his ATP in it a few times so it's been hunted pretty well over the last year and a 1/2 but as you can see = the FR pulled a ton of stuff missed by all the other machines mentioned in the vid! I love the little 5" coil - it's deadly accurate and has an extremely tight pattern. You can literally stand in 1 place for 3 or 4 minutes in high trash/iron an pick several targets out without even moving an inch smiling smiley

Anyway = I'll let the vid speak it's piece and go from there thumbs down

Watch vid here >> [www.youtube.com]
Re: Nokta Fors Relic = Live digs/Field Test Video grinning smiley
April 17, 2016 11:40PM
good video! thanks for sharing the settings. Im going to try them and the small head in a yard of a old home tomorrow with my old friend he is 75,started relic hunting at 15, he had a 4 way by pass surgery just 3 weeks ago. Doc said he could swing a machine just no digging. he wants to try the relic and is ready to get back in the woods.
April 18, 2016 12:34AM
Good Vid Wayne..

And yes the two tone mode is still a Boost mode...

And like most high gain high freq units in dense iron it's noisy..

This 2 tone works best on hit hard sites without alot of larger iron and tin etc..

But Here's were we get lucky...3-tone..Different process.. and if you like 2 tone just drop high tone break to 21..OR leave it at about 65 and utilize the three tone..either way you have advantage of the Process built on 19Khz to handle certain tricky sites that most High freq rigs struggle with on occasion ..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 18, 2016 12:40AM
Nice job Wayne. It acts a lot like the F75,although different freq. That field sounds like he place I hunted today,nothing but iron lol

HH
Corey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 12:41AM by docbars.
April 18, 2016 12:56AM
Quote "The machine runs just as hot/if not hotter than the FG+"

That's a hot machine then! The FG+ will bang out a coin hard and deep too! I dug several headstamps in the 12-14 inch range in a field in the LC of SC with it. Might have to venture into that machine. My first post about the FG+ was if it had 3 tone it would be amazing. This was in the making as I typed that. Just might have to venture out.....................Nice vid!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2016 01:11AM by Jack Flynn.
April 18, 2016 12:58AM
Thanks for the Vid MRH...
April 18, 2016 03:40AM
Nice vid! Thanks for posting it.

Dean
April 18, 2016 05:36AM
Thanks for doing the video!

It is amazing how in the past, most of us would head for a different spot if we got into an area loaded with iron like that. Now we are flocking to them.
April 22, 2016 09:41AM
Thanks for all the comments/replies everyone,

more testing and video coming soon = I'll be out with the FR this weekend again

stay tuned if interested thumbs down

MRH