Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX sport review-opinion

Posted by basstrackerman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MX sport review-opinion
April 22, 2016 12:31AM
Wow. Not even close to what I am used to from whites.. I sent it back for exchange on diff brand after talking to whites.. I didn't even want to keep it for a backup .. Pinpoint mode was non existent.. Any target deeper than surface would not pinpoint..tones would shift in and out.. Even though it was made after the date they all were supposed to be to have the newest software update it still did not seem right and was not worth dealing with.. The whites service tech did not answer any questions as he didn't know ... Felt cheap, plastic had sharp edges on the grip.. Just did not live up to anything whites has made since I started using them in 1978.. Felt more coinmaster I guess.. Sorry if this offends people but I have to be honest.. Good luck to anyone buying one..
Re: MX sport review-opinion
April 22, 2016 12:37AM
I thought as much. Im glad that you're honest.
wjs
April 22, 2016 01:24AM
My guess is you would take an MX5 over this any day?
April 22, 2016 01:37AM
Lol yes Bill I would.. However I have to back away from White's.. After 38 years using them and owning them I no long own or use one... I use what works and functions the way it's supposed to.. Or in other words the opposite of MX sport.
April 22, 2016 02:22AM
Whites has backed themselves into a corner they may never be in the top again...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 22, 2016 02:55AM
I am sorry to hear that. It's weird. Several people who would know see real promise in the MX Sport. Then there is the other side of the coin. It seems like there is more than just a firmware issue here that is producing wildly varying reports. Some bad coils slipping into the mix maybe? By all accounts so far the all metal and prospecting mode are fine, issues seem to be related to the discrimination modes.

I wonder just what the software that drives a metal detector looks like and how the variables interact. Is it something that would look similar on most machines? Or is it all different secret sauce programs that go about things in different ways with different variables and interactions. What if a key assumption is wrong? Is that the sort of thing that produces the picture that seems to be developing? And how hard is it to debug problems in programs like that?

I certainly have been told in the past that modifying these programs is no trivial task and doing one thing can have unseen consequences somewhere else. I have done a fair amount of coding myself, but with most software stuff breaks pretty obviously. With a metal detector it would be far easier to have results that appear to work but just are not right, and only an experienced user might see it.

Now watch Daniel have a good one just to add to the mystery.
April 22, 2016 02:59AM
Thanks for your thoughts Bill.
I think the V3i was the last machine Whites got right.
I will stick with my V3i,etrac,and Goldmax for now.
HH
Corey
April 22, 2016 03:13AM
Sounds like there are a lot of beta testers since the release.
Someone put one of the various versions up against a Racer 2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 03:14AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 23, 2016 02:30PM
It must be too complicated to mix a digital notch coin and jewelry and a true all metal digital prospecting mode in the same box? Garrett may have known this and is why they divided up the two AT machines? Maybe the MXSport should have been just a notch discriminating coin machine? This way a software change wouldn't be tied into other programs and easier to program? Then have another machine that is more true all metal based called the MXProspector?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
April 23, 2016 02:53PM
Well at least there Trying while another "American made" Company watchs from the sidelines.
April 23, 2016 04:11PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well at least there Trying while another
> "American made" Company watchs from the sidelines.
They are trying for sure. I think eventually they will get all modes working at the same time. But right now it looks like it's a hit or miss thing. Or it could be as simple as we all have different needs and expectations? Maybe in the near future we'll each be able to tweak the software and load it through the coil connector? Hope so.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
April 24, 2016 12:31AM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> Wow. Not even close to what I am used to from
> whites.. I sent it back for exchange on diff brand
> after talking to whites.. I didn't even want to
> keep it for a backup .. Pinpoint mode was non
> existent.. Any target deeper than surface would
> not pinpoint..tones would shift in and out.. Even
> though it was made after the date they all were
> supposed to be to have the newest software update
> it still did not seem right and was not worth
> dealing with.. The whites service tech did not
> answer any questions as he didn't know ... Felt
> cheap, plastic had sharp edges on the grip.. Just
> did not live up to anything whites has made since
> I started using them in 1978.. Felt more
> coinmaster I guess.. Sorry if this offends people
> but I have to be honest.. Good luck to anyone
> buying one..

Thank you for your honest & informative opinion -
April 24, 2016 12:44AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Sounds like there are a lot of beta testers since
> the release.
> Someone put one of the various versions up against
> a Racer 2.

that is what I want to see as well - asides from the obvious advantage the MXS has in the water, I would like to know how it compares in depth, recovery speed & sensitivity to the Makro/Nokta's -

let us see once and for all the advantage of a manufacturer that has been around for a long time compared to the relative new kids in town -

its been said time and time again that people wont buy from a new manufacturer until they have at least proven themselves in the industry -

hopefully now this will also give a a true indication if this theory is indeed correct -