Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab CTX 3030 harness hookup

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab CTX 3030 harness hookup
April 25, 2016 10:01PM
Folks who don't have pop eye arms may consider this idea if they haven't already done.

I don't know if they make a safe attachment for the fiber rod on CTX.

I used Dloop rope,,like you tie on bow strings (Daniel Tn) knows this stuff,,,4 wraps,,tie off each time,and make you a little loop for your snap to hook to.

Cheap and effective,,I used a big white tie strap,,didn't have any black,,this will ensure cord doesn't come up the rod when being used,,all this can be removed in a flash if the need arises.

Arm and shoulder= relieved,,especially on longer hunts-- at least for me,,,,,me a bit spoiled by Deus.

This style harness type S over the shoulder works good on this setup,,,clearance is good between attachment cord and control head.
[www.kellycodetectors.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2016 10:34PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Minelab CTX 3030 harness hookup
April 25, 2016 10:58PM
If you don't kneel down to dig or want to place the detector on the ground while you dig a harness will work. I have used them for beach hunting because you don't kneel down while hunting. But over all Minelab needs to think ergo when they design a detector. I'm jealous of those that can swing the CTX for hours.
April 25, 2016 11:14PM
Goodmore,
This harness I linked too,,can be unhooked quickly and easily...Dog leash catch.. When it is time to kneel and dig.

I have used on both etrac and CTX,,and they are great.
April 27, 2016 12:58AM
Just remember take the weigh off the arms and it will either go to the hips or the back....a sore arm is one thing but a hip or back problem can be real serious...

Couple of tips..loosen the coil and let it ride over the ground...wear an elbow tube so your elbow don't bend should help.....

If Minelab would lighten the load the would sell like hotcakes.....Hmmmmm......
April 27, 2016 01:17AM
Here's a video of a guy using the Detectorpro "Detecting Pal" on a CTX 3030. I have the previous version of this and it works great. For under $30.00 it's a bargain.

DetectorPro Detecting Pal

HH
John
April 28, 2016 01:20AM
Great tips guys. In the right situation I can slide the bigger coils,when it gets rougher it'd be nice to have a little support with the 17". I can swing the stock and 6" for a week straight,but I'm also a bigger guy. Dan is right though,if you take the weight from one place and put it in another,pay attention to how that affects things. And the elbow support/tube is what I already wear,it's made by Mueller.
Really starting to like the CTX. ALOT!