Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mike Scott asked me to post this...

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mike Scott asked me to post this...
January 05, 2011 03:23AM
I hope it is OK to post this from Mike Scott I emailed him the question and he responded and asked me to post for him. I hope he is welcome on this forum? It is great to see he reads this froum. For some reasone he can't long on this forum so he asked me to respond for him...Can you fix that Tom? I am sure his input is welcome!

Not sure where Tom received his info but it is incorrect…….all CZ3D units are built and calibrated in El Paso at 1465 H Henry Brennan along with all the rest of the Fisher, Teknetics and all BH units even though many parts come from various locations around the world which is common practice for all detector manufactures. The single exception for FTP is the BH Jr. which is clearly labeled ‘made in China ’ just as all others are clearly labeled “Made in the USA ”

Being made in the USA is important to us, our customers and our product line and the right to use the ‘Made in the USA ’ moniker is also strictly enforced by US Customs and the United States Department of Commerce.

Mike Scott

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Mike Scott asked me to post this...
January 05, 2011 05:11PM
El Paso is still part of the USA?

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico | The mother of four raised a finger, pointing out abandoned and stripped concrete homes and counting how many families on her street have fled the Western Hemisphere's deadliest city.

[www.washingtontimes.com]

I did hear some company is getting the ok to start dumping nuclear waste on the NM/TX border.

[amarillo.com]

Nuclear waste site planned near Texas-New Mexico border

AUSTIN - Like many rural counties in West Texas, over the years Andrews County has experienced hard economic times and even lost some population.

"... We are all satisfied that this is not dangerous, and besides it will create jobs and bring revenue to our community.
January 05, 2011 08:56PM
Jamt225....your point is.....what?
January 05, 2011 08:56PM
Was in El Paso a short time ago.---The pollution (polluted air) coming across from Mexico was TERRIBLE!----I'm sure FT is a good company to work for & the CZ-3D is a good detector no matter which side of the border it is assembled at.----But that pollution, WHEW---(visitors point of view)----maybe I hit a "bad day". grin-----BTW, I do like (most) FT detectors!!---------Del
January 05, 2011 09:15PM
I'd just ad---(for my part, my point being)--I was in town (El Paso) to visit the FT plant (very impressive) & do a transaction (coils)---also think that (again, most) of their detectors are impressive--CZ-3D included! ----------Del
January 05, 2011 11:15PM
Not trying to start anything. Just an observation. I was at the FT facility last year about this time, and wonder how many workers are actually legit US citizens? (Pollution also bad when I was there. Big cloud of smog over the city as I came over the hills on the highway and overlooked El Paso.)

El Paso is overrun by criminals. It's always been a town of outlaws and crime. I understand the need for a business to survive and cheap labor (legal or illegal) is apparently the only way to do so in these turbulent times. Just find it a stretch to claim El Paso and the workers therein are still part of the USA. (Technically maybe, but in reality?) Just my observation, but I'm just an old fool on the way out.

For what it's worth I think West Texas is a beautiful land. I'm sure the common man of any race or nationality are also very good people.

I love my F75LTD whereever and whoever made it.

Also, my best resource for learning how to best operate the F75LTD has been Tom and this forum. (not FT or Mike Scott, which strikes me as very strange) Three Cheers for Tom and the Forum!!!

Mike Scott's comments on the Relic roundup were vague and evasive IMO.

[cc.bingj.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2011 11:42PM by jamt225.
January 06, 2011 03:44PM
jamt225 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not trying to start anything. Just an observation.
> I was at the FT facility last year about this
> time, and wonder how many workers are actually
> legit US citizens? (Pollution also bad when I was
> there. Big cloud of smog over the city as I came
> over the hills on the highway and overlooked El
> Paso.)
>
> El Paso is overrun by criminals. It's always been
> a town of outlaws and crime. I understand the need
> for a business to survive and cheap labor (legal
> or illegal) is apparently the only way to do so in
> these turbulent times. Just find it a stretch to
> claim El Paso and the workers therein are still
> part of the USA. (Technically maybe, but in
> reality?) Just my observation, but I'm just an old
> fool on the way out.

Unless you have some inside knowledge of illegals in their employ, speculation about First Texas breaking the law is irresponsible.

I won't even get into the implied racism when you call it a stretch to claim El Paso is in the USA...

As far as El Paso's high crime rate, you're wrong. Despite higher than average poverty rates, El Paso is perennially listed as one of the safest big cities in the US.
January 08, 2011 09:17PM
"Unless you have some inside knowledge of illegals in their employ, speculation about First Texas breaking the law is irresponsible."

Not sure where I implied anything of the sort. There are these things called forged and false papers and ID's available everywhere. What would FT do if the papers appear legit? 30 million illegals in the US if you had not heard.

"I won't even get into the implied racism when you call it a stretch to claim El Paso is in the USA... "

Not sure how race got into the conversation? Until you brought it up.

"As far as El Paso's high crime rate, you're wrong. Despite higher than average poverty rates, El Paso is perennially listed as one of the safest big cities in the US. "

High poverty equals cheap labor

High poverty also equals crime

Not sure about you but I wouldn't feel safe in a US town where English was not the first language of the majority of the inhabitants, is a major repatriation point for illegals, and is a stones throw from the deadliest city in the world. I'll chose another location to keep my family safe and secure. But that's just me.

And why is Mike Scott (FT) communicating to Tom via a poster on this forum? Tom is well aqainted with FT personnel from what I have read here. Seems strange.

We'll just agree to disagree, at least I will. Good Luck and I hope you find lot's of treasure. Peace.
January 09, 2011 04:23PM
OK, we'll agree to disagree where opinions are concerned.

And I'll apologize for mistakenly thinking you were speculating about First Texas knowingly hiring illegals when you say that wasn't what you meant.

But facts are facts.

Regardless of the language spoken, El Paso is in the USA. Whether you like the city and its people or not.

Another fact is that El Paso has a very low crime rate. It is a big city of approximately 700,000 that had 3 murders last year.

My opinion is that Made In the USA is a good thing. Your opinion apparently depends on where in the USA it's made. We'll agree to disagree.

Like you, I've gotten a ton of good information on the F75 from Tom and this forum. But once you get beyond the manual, I've found it the norm to get more insight from expert users of a specific detector, rather than from the manufacturer. So again I'll disagree with you since I don't think it's strange that you've gotten more knowledge from this forum than from anyone at First Texas.

Incidentally, you will find a good amount of detector info from lead designer/engineer Dave Johnson under his essays on the FT website.

What we can agree on is that we both love our F75 LTDs!

Likewise, I wish you luck and hope you find a lot of treasure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 04:25PM by marcomo.
January 09, 2011 10:43PM
"My opinion is that 'Made In the USA' is a good thing."

I agree. Its increasingly hard to find anything with that label anymore. So sad!
A more accurate and honest label would be........for all USA detector manufacturers
January 12, 2011 02:17AM
Assembled in the USA.

The electronic components and parts are almost 100% manufactured outside of the United States.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 10:11PM by TerraDigger.
Re: A more accurate and honest label would be........for all USA detector manufacturers
January 13, 2011 05:05AM
this is correct!..just about all electronic manufacturers
"source" their components from all over the world!
i know "defense contractors" for this country that "source"
their components from everywhere outside the u.s.a...just to add emphasis
to the fact!