Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Picked me up a New Ranger the other day...Relic Ranger that is!!!

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Picked me up a New Ranger the other day...Relic Ranger that is!!!
May 03, 2016 03:01AM

Been after one for a few years..

finally got the price right at the dealers LOL...ended up getting a 2016 for 2015 closeout deal..Took some arguing and Voice raising but they decided they wanted my money I guess...

I like my Quad Arctic Cat but I can't haul my equipment like sifters and extra shovels and coolers tent and well you get the picture...

This is my Relic Ranger ..

10 years on the wishlist...

I told y'all before it takes me forever to buy something...Then I almost walked out over 20 bucks at the end of it all..

Oh well thought I would share..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2016 03:02AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Picked me up a New Ranger the other day...Relic Ranger that is!!!
May 03, 2016 03:32AM
Nice rigs,,I have one,,and many others here in the area do too.

A few tidbits of advice,,,to make your Ranger more trouble free.

First and foremost when you are off the road where speed is limited--- use LOW range,,,will extend belt life!!!! Engine rpms are used to cool the belt.

Next,,recommend you change your transmission lube at 100 hours,,and find you an AMS oil dealer,,,they sell chain case lube--- some great stuff,,better than the fluid Polaris sells with Polaris label.

Watch your from tire wear---- your tow in should be set correct,,but if you see premature wear,,check toe setting... I think your owner's manual may give the settings.

You are going to notice stock tires,,, will wear out pretty fast,,,,when they do,,put the maxis bighorns on it--- they are tough as nails,,,super good wear even on blacktop roads.

Your unit should serve you well getting you to your relic sites

Cheers

Ps
Oversized tires and lifts done to Rangers= broken axles and other things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2016 03:40AM by tnsharpshooter.
May 03, 2016 03:47AM
Nice. Never had one. Used to ride dirt bikes. That would have been fun carrying my detector.

Rick
May 03, 2016 03:54AM
I have a been a Polaris tech for 2 years now. The dealer I work at also sells Kawasaki and Yamaha.

I'm pleading the fifth. drinking smiley

Hope it gets you out into the good stuff to dig up some great finds. Congrats on the new rig!
May 03, 2016 04:01AM
Man!... that is
super nice Keith!....Polaris makes a nice machine, top shelf stuff IMO...I have owned several Polaris quads through the years and all were solid and very dependable. Congrats on the new ride. Michael
May 03, 2016 09:07AM
Nice rig Keith

Looks like a lotta fun grinning smiley
May 03, 2016 10:29AM
That's awesome Keith.
May 03, 2016 01:00PM
Congrats on the new ride, Keith. Set that camera on a tripod and let us see more than an occasional forearm or foot. Shouldn't hurt the camera too bad <g>.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 03, 2016 03:24PM
I was on some land 400 acres and I could use your machine. I was able to drive my SUV just a small distance on some bad dirt roads...I'll never be able to walk the area way too much land.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 03, 2016 03:35PM
I just giggled out loud when thinking about how I would have to propose to my wife that I needed a new "accessory" for my detecting.....
May 03, 2016 03:48PM
That's some serious metal detecting gear you've got there, LOL.

That looks like a lot of fun.

HH
John
May 03, 2016 04:39PM
Nice one Keith! Have been in a friends before when detecting Nevada ghost towns in the sticks, and they sure get you around, can cover a lot more ground then the two legged way thumbs down
May 03, 2016 07:15PM
Sweet ride!!! On my wish list too.
May 03, 2016 08:25PM
Thats nice keith!
May 03, 2016 09:24PM
Some difference in detecting setups across the globe, the furthest I've traveled to detect was about 20miles, usually i pull on my boots, load up with a bottle of Guinness in each pocket and start walking, with 9000 years of human history on my doorstep i dont have far to walk to find targets lol
what a cool toy for a cool guy!
May 03, 2016 09:56PM
Nice ticket

"A Bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush"
May 03, 2016 10:08PM
I'm gonna have to get something like that for working the farm I am building here. First on my list though is a tractor with front end loader and backhoe attachment. I laughed at them when I priced one of those 30 horse Kabota tractors. $28,000 before taxes and nearly $500 a month payment. My wife and I have a 2014 F150 that we bought new off the lot that didn't cost that much and payments were $200 cheaper for the same length note!!

Is their a particular reason you chose the Polaris over the other UTVs?
May 03, 2016 11:15PM
Nice rig Keith, Thats normal transportation in my kneck of the woods Everyone has one but me lmao

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2016 11:16PM by docbars.
May 04, 2016 02:41AM
you set now!! congrats
May 04, 2016 03:20AM
Well thanks for the comments Fellas!!!

Wasn't an impulse buy by no means and to answer some of the questions

the reason I choose the Polaris ranger model was the fact of it comes standard 4x4 and is probably the cheapest yet well built of all the side x sides..

a 4x4 side x side usually starts at above 10 grand...I got this one with taxes at 7500.00.

The fit and finish to me is the best made plus its able to be specialized for needs...and the accessories are lock and ride so they are easy to install and remove from cabs systems to bed extenders to plows ..even can add GPS in dash and power windows to the cabs and even a heater..stereo systems ...

about all I will ever add will be a Winch and a roof...

they can tow 1500 pounds and haul 1000 pounds...500 passengers and 500 in the dump tilt bed..

all in all once you study the pluses it has and consider the price I myself found to be the best bang for the buck and actually more like the best bang period...

Independent front and rear suspension,, EFI,,, 37 miles to the gallon (8 gallon tank),,water cooled...on board digital readouts for engine temp,,transmission temp,, service log time,, tach ,,low coolant,,low brake fluid,,,

I mean its a 21st century ride...At a realistic price..

easy oil change and oil filter replacement..easy belt replacement,..

just alot of pluses...even runs about 50 miles an hour governed..low and high transmission ..automatic..ability to take it in and out of 4x4 by a flip of a switch ant any speed..

Ok sales pitch over LOL!!

Keith

Oy yeah did I mention it has tilt wheel too!!!

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 04, 2016 01:47PM
........was going to mention that you are missing the most critical attachment....... the front-mounted plow...... to remove the top 8" of dirt.
May 04, 2016 02:04PM
Keith,

I know those things are expensive. One of my workers at the factory just bought a Razr side by side with a winch addon, and he was over $20k when it was all said and done for the model he bought. The John Deere's are the more popular models around here; it seems about every farmer up this way had one of those Gator things.
May 04, 2016 07:31PM
You got robbed! There's no doors!

Just kidding. Nice looking little ride.

HH
Mike
May 04, 2016 07:51PM
Mine is not as pretty and clean as yours Keith.

Loading up to go hunt some a few days ago.

May 04, 2016 10:35PM
That's a good price out the door. Nice machine for sure! When you said Ranger I was thinking fishing...lol.

May 04, 2016 11:12PM
I would love to use a scrape plow on the front..we have rigged some up over the years on the Quads.but usually the dirt around here is so hard it doesn't do much...

But yes you're in the right mindset Tom!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
May 04, 2016 11:13PM
Lol Mike!!!

Nope there just a couple grand more or there abouts..LOL

TNSS nice Rig..

Triple nice Ranger lol!!!Hmmmm might need that for the water hunts...!??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2016 11:15PM by Keith Southern.
February 05, 2017 12:33AM
since people are showing off = may as well bring this one back up
February 05, 2017 12:55AM
Ya just can't hide money thumbs down
February 05, 2017 02:31AM
LOL..Wayne I hope you don't think I was showing it off...I was just happy to get it after 10 years of lusting..Im very frugal in my purchases...It will be here for years to come...Just like my vehicle..30 years old daily driver..LOL..

I actually just greased the whole unit last week...

Tons of those grease fittings on the front end...!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla