Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

makro Racer 2

Posted by Larry450cc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
makro Racer 2
May 04, 2016 02:17AM
Is the Makro Racer 2 just a f75
Re: makro Racer 2
May 04, 2016 02:44AM
Nope
May 04, 2016 05:10AM
Yep it's exactly like the F75 minus the adjustable iron audio, adjustable tone break, very capable beach mode, OOR coil, iSAT, adjustable audio tone, adjustable backlight, and LED light, but yeah other then that, it's just like the F75 smoking smiley
May 04, 2016 06:29AM
Wish they copied the F75 / T2 shaft design. I have a Racer 2 and a Teknetics T2SE and the T2 is by far better balanced. The Racer feels coil heavy to me, especially with the 11x7 stock coil.the T2 literally feels like a natural extension of my arm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2016 06:30AM by Jressman.
May 04, 2016 09:24AM
I don't understand how detector companies still use the S Shaft. Put it on a straight shaft and satisfy your customers.
May 04, 2016 11:30AM
i agree, the T2/F75/G2/X-terra style rod systems are the best.. but i find the racer pretty good since the newer coil design
May 04, 2016 12:53PM
Jressman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wish they copied the F75 / T2 shaft design. I have
> a Racer 2 and a Teknetics T2SE and the T2 is by
> far better balanced. The Racer feels coil heavy to
> me, especially with the 11x7 stock coil.the T2
> literally feels like a natural extension of my
> arm.

hey Makro, listening? I strongly second this....I'm switching between Teknetics G2+ and Racer 2 and
it's just night and day....R2 ergonomics are very poor especially after using my G2+, and I'm not using
the R2 standard coil at all as it's simply too coil heavy....the 5x10 is better but still crappy compared to G2.

Makro, why not just give the users out there what they want....if it costs more then pass the cost on, I'd
be willing to pay more....I'm hoping the Impact gets it right and you'll see a big movement to it from Racer
owners....maybe that's the plan?
May 04, 2016 03:03PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Yep it's exactly like the F75 minus the adjustable
> iron audio, adjustable tone break, very capable
> beach mode, OOR coil, iSAT, adjustable audio tone,
> adjustable backlight, and LED light, but yeah
> other then that, it's just like the F75 smoking smiley

Brian----Is that the ONLY difference???grinning smiley
May 04, 2016 03:36PM
The racer one or two is all by itself can't compare it to fisher or any other brand. Not saying its the best thing since sliced bread...but yeah I think it is...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 04, 2016 06:52PM
I agree with the Ergo comments. The hand angle to far forward. I think Keith must have a crooked wrist because mine has to be slightly crooked downward tilt to hold it.

G2/Omega/F19/ATP/ACE400/X-terra/v3i/etrac/berkut-5/ctx3030/ETP all have the same exact angle which is a few degrees closer to 90 degrees. I agree the R1 was too close to 90 but the R2 is too close to 120.

The G2 and Omega are the best ergo/weight I've ever used. But regardless of S rod or pistol.

The R2 grip angle is like the angle on the Explorer SE/Safari. Not well liked.

these pics explain what I'm saying. Just look at the stress on the wrist with too much angle. That's like the R2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2016 06:54PM by detectingMO.
May 04, 2016 08:30PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> I agree with the Ergo comments. The hand angle to
> far forward. I think Keith must have a crooked
> wrist because mine has to be slightly crooked
> downward tilt to hold it.
>
> G2/Omega/F19/ATP/ACE400/X-terra/v3i/etrac/berkut-5
> /ctx3030/ETP all have the same exact angle which
> is a few degrees closer to 90 degrees. I agree
> the R1 was too close to 90 but the R2 is too close
> to 120.
>
> The G2 and Omega are the best ergo/weight I've
> ever used. But regardless of S rod or pistol.
>
> The R2 grip angle is like the angle on the
> Explorer SE/Safari. Not well liked.
>
> these pics explain what I'm saying. Just look at
> the stress on the wrist with too much angle.
> That's like the R2.
>
> [www.mdhtalk.org]
> G
> [www.mdhtalk.org]
> G

The Racer 2's grip angle works for me. I don't actually use a full grip, it simply lays across across my un-closed fingers and the weight transfer upwards into my arm/shoulder. Same way I hold almost all detectors G2, Omega, T2 ect.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2016 08:39PM by Jackpine.
May 04, 2016 09:53PM
Nothing that a 4.99 pack of tennis racket handle tape won't make better. Fat on the top backside and fat on the front low side, an extra wrap at these points makes it outstanding. BTW Keith does not use an armstrap so he has to really grip detectors.
May 04, 2016 11:33PM
Did you call me crooked??? lol

I actually prefer the s poles now to the pistol grips say on the G2..I like a F19 over a G2+ for the simple fact of more stable feel...and I don't need a drip loop from pole to housing in the cable...those handle always feel sloppy on those units..

One of my other gripes was /is FTP though and I've written it in field reports to them is why do you not make the top rod 2 inches longer...or extend the center rod out 2 inches.....I'm a little over 6.1 and even in last hole the lower rod is too short..

Another gripe for Nokta on the Fors units nice sturdy handle but the angle is all wrong the pole has that weird curve in it...My envision would be a Whites mxt Handle with the whole menu system from the side of the control box up top then turn the box on its side and mount under armrest........

I'm not a fan of the DEUS rod either..lol...Way too nose heavy..

Some will like them some will hate them...we are all different...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 04, 2016 11:35PM
I like to call a Racer a T2 and a GMP blended together,,Might be a tad bit of a AT PRO in there too..

Yet its has its own unique DNA...there's no Denying that..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 05, 2016 01:29AM
Well,,the truth is,,how far a person likes to keep the coil from their feet,,their height,,and other variables,,,,,this is why it is time for a company to make an adjustable angle on the hand hold rod.

Nokta/Makro,,, I hope you consider this.
Actually all makers of medium to flagship machines should consider,,,,surely doable,,and keep the rod's overall integrity intact.
May 05, 2016 02:08AM
Keith, get a 26" lower rod. Solves yer issue with Fisher detectors. I love mine
May 05, 2016 02:47AM
Thank's for the tip!

I have but I shouldn't have too..LOL

actually I buy the 30" ones for Bounty hunter for 10 Bucks..!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
May 05, 2016 03:30PM
I have the tall man rod for my G2 and G2+, to me because of its length it makes the coil wobble a bit much for my liking, as for the R2 handle....a big improvement over the original but it seems a bit short on length between the angles of the S.....if it had an inch or two more of straight shaft between the two angles I believe it would make a huge difference and be more comfortable like the f19 handle.