Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer 2

Posted by deadeye 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer 2
May 04, 2016 07:17PM
I was wondering if anyone hears a beep when you ground balance the Racer 2? According to the manual it should beep when it is ground balanced. I have never heard it beep when I ground balance, I just hear a broken up clicking sound.

After I got the Racer 2. It would not give me a break in tone, except in three tone. I could throw a dime or quarter on the ground using two tone or any other program I would only get an iron grunt sound. It didn't matter what settings I tried, it would not do good.
I contacted the dealer and he told me to try a factory reset, now it has a tone break in more programs than just three tone. Being new seems like it should not have to have a factory reset so soon.

When they are working good they are a good detector.
Re: Racer 2
May 04, 2016 07:29PM
I don't have a Racer 2,, do have a Racer 1 though.

The gent in this video,,,seems both his Racer1 and Racer 2 both beep during ground balance process.

[m.youtube.com]
May 04, 2016 09:33PM
Are you holding the trigger forward with the back of your finger while pumping the coil? Both the Racer and Racer 2 will give a single beep when its ground balanced.
May 04, 2016 09:44PM
The beep is not that audible, just slightly to my ears anyway. Something tell's me that you just might be pushing or pulling the trigger the wrong way too. Keep in mind the machine sees so much more stuff in the ground that you just might not be able to get a good ground balance. The example is it switches to all metal when you GB and will see stuff you might not know was there in say all the other modes plus it's deeper seeing other stuff below the say 3 tone detection depth. I had to factory reset mine several times as I didn't realize what I was doing and had stuff everywhere and saved it. I had the save part down! Great machines and my opinion now is that they just might be the best coin machine on the market. Deep mode run coming in the morning. I'm gonna post here shortly too, just found my 20th silver with it this morning. Never found that many in a year!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2016 10:33PM by Jack Flynn.
May 04, 2016 10:30PM
Yep I always hear the beep. I usually keep pumping the coil until it beeps a couple of times to be sure.
May 04, 2016 11:16PM
Always get a beep ..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 05, 2016 01:36AM
I scan in two tone to find a clean spot then push trigger forward & hold and pump coil up & down.

There is problem using the 7x11 going over a coin it will beep two or three times, unless I raise it up about 7 inches over the coin.
May 05, 2016 02:04AM
Seems like there is a most certain problem..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 05, 2016 03:36AM
Is the number changing? A few times, i would pump the coil and nothing, until i realized that I was too high off the ground for it to take a reading. Once I was closer to the ground, it worked fine.
May 05, 2016 09:25AM
I watch for the number to lower, when it reaches a low number and stays there, I figure it's balanced.