Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A Rigorous Testing of Military PI machines for Tom

Posted by Idreamin3D 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A Rigorous Testing of Military PI machines for Tom
January 08, 2011 08:26PM
I thought Tom might be interested in looking through this report and its graphs, and giving his opinion oh how sensitive these military PI mine detectors are compared to the hobby line of PI and VLF detectors. There is one in there that can tell you the difference between ferrous and nonferrous. The link to that one is my post in the Whites PI thread.

[www.itep.ws]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 08:27PM by Idreamin3D.
Re: A Rigorous Testing of Military PI machines for Tom
January 08, 2011 08:43PM
If you want the summary for each detector, just go to pg. 72, and read from there. Some of the better ones can detect a 1/5" diameter metal ball at about 5" in an air test, and a 1/2" diameter ball at 13", soil does reduce depth, and the numbers are also given for that. It's a great report if you can get your head around the mm and cm business, just divide all the numbers in mm by 10, and then by 2.54 to get inches.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 08:48PM by Idreamin3D.
Re: A Rigorous Testing of Military PI machines for Tom
January 08, 2011 10:19PM
Methodology is quite good. Very systematic. Too long of an article for me to thoroughly read.....at this time.

A 1/5" diameter ball is a .20-Cal. ball
A 1/2" diameter ball is a .50-Cal. ball

The F75 LTD will trump this performance......esp in any of the boost process modes.