Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Xp Deus hunt 5-17-2016

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Xp Deus hunt 5-17-2016
May 18, 2016 01:01AM
Rained most of the morning and some in early afternoon,,was able to get out later for approx 3 hours. Could definitely tell, I'd hunted a bunch the last couple days.

Deus 11" coil.

Couple coins, 25 wheat,,1898 IH, one flat button, part of a clock,,few centerfire hulls, 30 caliber bullet, copper brad- I thinks it copper,, and the lovely shotguns hulls-- one of them burned, and a couple unknowns. One small ring,,doesn't seem to be jewelry,,or maybe it is-- say poor persons jewelry lol

Found the coins where I found the 1909 wheat yesterday.

The wheathead today,,when I initially swept it,,tone sounded like a iron wrap signal meter reading 95,,I walked around this thing twice,,at one angle the tone was just a tad sweeter than a wrap signal,,almost walked but didn't

Thanks for looking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2016 01:04AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Xp Deus hunt 5-17-2016
May 18, 2016 01:14AM
What settings today Tnss?

I'll bet that wheat was acting the way it was due to all the rain

I've had that same thing happen many times on wheats especially and many times when the soil was saturated
May 18, 2016 01:28AM
Ya keep doin that I'm coming to Tennessee! Nice digs
May 18, 2016 01:36AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What settings today Tnss?
>
> I'll bet that wheat was acting the way it was due
> to all the rain
>
> I've had that same thing happen many times on
> wheats especially and many times when the soil was
> saturated

I ran a few different setups,, settings wise,,but the coins were both struck with reactivity 1 silencer -1,,12khz. I had some tractor ruts to contend with,,thinking going lower in reactivity might sneak something out,,with my coil height being compromised at times.

I have had a few coins, etc-- sound a bit wonky in the past tone wise,,,but never as bad as what I witnessed today. Soil was definitely wet,,and soil was streaky colored. Wheat was about 6" deep,,IH about 7" deep.
May 18, 2016 01:40AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ya keep doin that I'm coming to Tennessee! Nice
> digs

No Jack,,you start coming this way,,don't slow down-- instead mash the gas,,,head towards MRH's neck of the woods.

Or maybe hit 1-40 west bound and head towards Lawrenzo's...