Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Good video on Fisher F44

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Good video on Fisher F44
May 23, 2016 09:59PM
On a recent hunt in the South Carolina midlands that I attended, Matt Perdue, aka Tarheel Diggin (youtube channel) found a gorgeous C.S.A. coat button and an equally beautiful SC coat button. He was using an F44.
Matt just posted a nice video on youtube where he demonstrates and reviews the F44. I know detectingMO, here on the forum, just listed the F44 in the "bad detectors" thread.
I know what Matt found with the F44 and the conditions under which he found them. I watched his video and I liked the tones of the F44.

Here's the video: [www.youtube.com]

See what you think of the video, and feel free (as if I have to say that <g>) to give your opinion of the F44 if you have used one.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Good video on Fisher F44
May 23, 2016 10:13PM
Well there are plenty of detectors I like that others may not. I've got an F44 and I think it's one of the best values out there. Not in the class of detectors twice or three times its price, but a good detector none the less.
May 24, 2016 02:46AM
Hey, just an opinion in the location I tested and was first release. I'm a bit spoiled by the omega 8000 and the new greeks just arent the same. Mileage may very. For the money, i enjoyed the f22 with 9" much better.
May 24, 2016 03:05AM
Good video, he's got that detector dialed into his head for sure. Don't know about you Wayne but I can't wait to hit that place again with the underbrush gone!
May 24, 2016 05:21PM
I really like the F44..

I did some prototype work with it and actually took titto some site that were really hit hard on purpose and believe it or not the teardrop coil made a believer out of me on Deep non ferrous out of Ferrous...

I was impressed with the unit especially for the money..

It is a Ace killer for sure..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 24, 2016 05:46PM
IDK the new ACE 400 out performed it all my tests with F44. I tested at a really trashy mineralized site though. Maybe the other witness will chime in. Lol
May 24, 2016 11:07PM
I'm sure the Ace 400 is a fine machine, but a machine that has preset ground balance is useless in my ground.
May 25, 2016 01:24AM
True, like I said enjoyed the F22 (another preset) just seemed like f44 was off on low conductors in the soil where test. One thing that impressed me on the ACE 400 was in 5 bar black cinders it was still hitting and ID'ing coins with 11"dd. Racer 2 with snake would only work in beach mode with no ID on targets. V3i wouldnt even operate. I realize its limitations just performed really well. Much better than expected. It no wonder why people do well with them. Note f44 did decent on high conductors. Just didnt have a lot of punch with stock or 11dd coil in disc. All metal was really hot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2016 01:25AM by detectingMO.
May 25, 2016 03:12PM
Here is a video that pretty much sums up the experiences I had with the F44 in testing and he has low mineralized ground. When I tested 11" DD and 11" teardrop there really was not noticeable difference.

It's a stark contrast to reports here and Keith's video's so maybe some are just better than others

[www.youtube.com]

It's good detector in it's price range for sure. I just think others do a better job for the money. In my area anyway. Even the ETP with 11" DD.