Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I was just looking & thinking (yeah, anythings possible)! LOL

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
May 31, 2016 02:29PM
Seriously-----Was just looking at some of the vids & reading reports that some of you guys post (you know who you are).-------I for one want to give a big "shout out" & thank you for doing them.-----It has to be an incredible amount of time & effort (and love for the hobby)--a flat out LOT of work that goes into them.------I'm sure many of us learn a lot from them--let alone having the opportunity to view some of the fascinating finds.----Sort of makes us get to feel like we are on the hunt with you--neat!------You don't have to do any of this---but we are SURE glad you do!smiling smiley-----I've slowed down with my hunting in my old age--but I SURE ain't done yet!----Viewing vids & reading reports is great/important to all of us (at any age).-----Any of you guys/gals feel (kinda) like I do on this--let's hear from you.smiling smiley--------------Del
Re: I was just looking & thinking (yeah, anythings possible)! LOL
May 31, 2016 02:56PM
Indeed field test, opinions good or bad are welcomed so keep them coming as we all learn. Tip of the hat to you fellows that take the time to do and are good reading for sure.
Sometimes the smallest of tips makes a light turn on and improves our hunting ability...We all know its not an easy hobby and every little bit helps...A far cry from the old days of no PC's and we learned by trial and error.
May 31, 2016 09:38PM
Looks like you & I are the only ones that appreciate these guys hard work Dan.
May 31, 2016 10:01PM
Sorry,But the Day I equate Metal detecting to work is the day I quit the Hobby. I use to carry 220 pound bundle's of Drywall all day, Now that was work. Just Sayin'.
May 31, 2016 10:20PM
I, too, appreciate the guy's efforts as well. I definitely learn from their pics and vids. To be frank: I seriously doubt that I would've even got into metal detecting...in the capacity that I do....without all of the reports and pics and vids. They are VERY MUCH appreciated by me. I just clicked onto the forum and found this thread. And when guys have went to the effort to make these vids and post these pics and do a write-up of their experiences, the very last thing that I would do is to be critical. I can only walk in my shoes and not anyone else's. In short: I learn ALOT from this forum and it's contributors. Particularly those who make and upload the vids (uploading vids is a time consuming venture, at least for me). So, I second and third the 'shout-out' to these good men. Hoping that everyone has a great week and happy Metal Detecting. Kevin
June 01, 2016 12:13AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry,But the Day I equate Metal detecting to work
> is the day I quit the Hobby. I use to carry 220
> pound bundle's of Drywall all day, Now that was
> work. Just Sayin'.

Point taken Harold.-----I guess I should have said "labor of love". smiling smiley
June 01, 2016 12:55AM
Sorry I guess I'm old school,When I hear work I think work. When I think hobby I think Fun.
June 01, 2016 01:12AM
Some of the videos and field reports are so good that I feel like I'm on a ride along.with the detectorist.

And yes, you can certainly pick up tips by watching or reading about others.

Gonebeepin'

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
June 01, 2016 02:29AM
O yea I like the field test vids,,helps me in my search for the next machine.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.