Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro Gold Racer Goes Down Again

Posted by Anonymous User 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anonymous User
Makro Gold Racer Goes Down Again
June 04, 2016 01:40PM
Yes again, Exactly like the first time, but in less than half the time. Junk.

Anyone got any ideas?
Re: Makro Gold Racer Goes Down Again
June 04, 2016 01:56PM
I'd take up fishing.
June 04, 2016 02:26PM
Slag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes again, Exactly like the first time, but in
> less than half the time. Junk.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

Yea..........buy American made next time........
June 04, 2016 02:33PM
The us detectors have the same problem

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 04, 2016 03:12PM
Do what other have done, have them replace it and sell it as soon as you receive replacement.. ive done that also. ..
June 04, 2016 03:34PM
Hombre Wrote:
> Slag Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes again, Exactly like the first time, but in
> > less than half the time. Junk.
> >
> > Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Yea..........buy American made next time........

LOL! You made a joke, Hombreeye rolling smiley. You mean like a White's? Yeah, no problems there!
June 04, 2016 04:21PM
bado1 Wrote:
> Hombre Wrote:
> -----
> > Slag Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Yes again, Exactly like the first time, but
> in
> > > less than half the time. Junk.
> > >
> > > Anyone got any ideas?
> >
> > Yea..........buy American made next
> time........
>
> LOL! You made a joke, Hombreeye rolling smiley. You mean like a
> White's? Yeah, no problems there!

Yes, I happen to like White's metal detectors, the problem you are referring must be the new MX Sport, I haven't tried that one. I like the MX5 with the 5.3 Eclipse coil, killer machine in the iron nail infested sites. The Tesoro Outlaw is good in the nails also, no TID though.
Anonymous User
June 04, 2016 07:25PM
Go fishing or buy American. Or foist a fraud on the next sucker.

One might have expected better on Tom Dankowski's forum. One of the truly good intellects in metal detecting today and quite literally the author of micro jewelry hunting, Tom is an inspiration. One struggles for words.
June 04, 2016 08:00PM
I bet they make it right. A new detector is certainly in order. Buy American? What is that? Some old slogan from the 70's.
June 04, 2016 08:12PM
Slag Wrote:
> Go fishing or buy American. Or foist a fraud on
> the next sucker.
>
> One might have expected better on Tom Dankowski's
> forum. One of the truly good intellects in metal
> detecting today and quite literally the author of
> micro jewelry hunting, Tom is an inspiration. One
> struggles for words.
How does that saying go? Oh yea, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." So, go buy another turkey made in Turkey...lol
Anonymous User
June 04, 2016 09:03PM
Dilek at Makro has already responded. She says she will mail out a new one on Monday. Good call Goodmore.

You may be right too Hombre. No doubt you know a lot about fools.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2016 09:34PM by Slag.
June 04, 2016 10:05PM
Slag Wrote:
> Yes again, Exactly like the first time, but in
> less than half the time. Junk.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

Third time lucky?

A piece of kit that really serves a purpose if your willing to put up with the "down-time" more than once :-)

As for fishing,... "idle reflections of a sparkling essence"

HH
Johnb
June 04, 2016 10:06PM
bado1 Wrote:
> Hombre Wrote:
> -----
> > Slag Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Yes again, Exactly like the first time, but
> in
> > > less than half the time. Junk.
> > >
> > > Anyone got any ideas?
> >
> > Yea..........buy American made next
> time........
>
> LOL! You made a joke, Hombreeye rolling smiley. You mean like a
> White's? Yeah, no problems there!

and pay more for the privilege - lol
June 04, 2016 10:12PM
goodmore Wrote:
> I bet they make it right. A new detector is
> certainly in order. Buy American? What is that?
> Some old slogan from the 70's.

I would be worried more if it were a US detector I was having problems with - Makro & Nokta have shown that they look after their customers so I have no idea why OP is getting all worked up -

American made these days are as flimsy as Chinese made - You only have to look at FT products to see this
June 04, 2016 10:18PM
Slag Wrote:
> Dilek at Makro has already responded. She says she
> will mail out a new one on Monday. Good call
> Goodmore.
>
> You may be right too Hombre. No doubt you know a
> lot about fools

Now tell me Slag (if you please don't mind) - Do you have to send the old one in first to be assessed & then replaced?

NO - wow - what a wonderful customer service they have in place - Usually you have to send the old unit back to the manufacturer (a pain if you are overseas) before they will repair or replace - However Makro/Nokta has improved on this extensively as NOT to cause delays to their customers - Yet another brilliant idea by manufacturers who put their customers first -

Lets see a US manufacturer match that.
Anonymous User
June 04, 2016 10:19PM
Rustic, it is because it is the second time. Just got it back after having it in the shop for 3 weeks being repaired.

Dunno what they want me to do with the old one yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2016 10:21PM by Slag.
June 05, 2016 01:01AM
No modern complex electronic product is likely to be perfect on first release - especially when it is a metal detector.

These companies are TINY - their resources to test and qualify every component, to resolutely test the cr** out of every final article ready to be released for production, much less to do adequate statistical process control on the production are severely limited.

Add to that a "rush to market" - which the Turks are clearly engaging in (for sound commercial reasons) - and there will be multiple problems.

Five years from now we will know how well they have coped with these challanges.

Meanwhile - they are introducing exciting and attractive elaborations of the basic T2/gold bug pro platform and folks like them.

"You pays your money and you takes your chances".

I wish them the best, but maybe they need to slow down a bit and make sure that their stuff is solid.

P.S. As I have posted previously - ther are immensely helped by the weakness of the Turkish Lire and the strength of the US Dollar. I like a strong $ - so I'm not complaining!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2016 01:15AM by lytle78.
June 05, 2016 01:25AM
Rustic Charm..

You,wrote... "American made these days are as flimsy as Chinese made - You only have to look at FT products to see this"

I throw the B.S. Flag.

Which FT product are you comparing to which Chinese product?

Maybe to Gold Finder 2 which you apparently own – like – and – you know perfectly well - is a pirate copy of the first Texas product.

Here's a little sample of your love for it. - scroll down to 13 March 2015

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
------------
Your words....

'Well I am more than happy with my Makro Racer - its turned my hunted out areas into happy places again -

For value and a good machine to boot (and you can afford to lol) GF2

Both machines compliment each other and the GF2 is not going to bring tears to your eyes if you use it as a loaner and it gets knocked around a little -
Reply Quote Report"

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2016 01:32AM by lytle78.
June 05, 2016 01:55AM
Hey Rick,
Nice weather we're having here in the Zone. Hunted in 107* heat today...in Central AZ!!!

I guess the same could be said of White's. They need to slow down a bit and make sure their stuff is solid before releasing it. Or Garrett with their leaky gaskets...the list goes on. As you also mentioned, we takes our chances....

All of these companies domestic or foreign make mistakes. The trick though is how they handle it. The Turkish companies are second to none in backing their products and making the changes necessary to fixing them AND changing the machines yet to be released. Try talking to Garrett about a problem with a machine...what a waste of time. Been there done that.

Slag,
Sorry to hear about your troubles- I'm glad that you are dealing with a Turkish company that has a great reputation for making things right. Looking forward to seeing posts of the finds from your new machine. HH

Dean
June 05, 2016 03:25AM
Dean,

i'm fine with your post.

I wish the Turks well, i have worked with many of them in Saudi Arabia in the old days (78-90)

Makro/Nokta is doing good work.

My problem is with a couple of folks on this forum who seem to have some axe to grind with First Texas.

One in particular has championed the virtues of an illegal pirate copy of a First Texas design and then criticized the quality of the originals.

Stealing American jobs, stealing US companies' intellectual property - is something I'm 100% against

Nokta/Makro is not, as far as I know doing this - so they are OK with me.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2016 03:37AM by lytle78.
June 05, 2016 10:13AM
"American made these days are as flimsy as Chinese made - You only have to look at FT products to see this"

I stand by this & it has nothing to do with your pet hate for the GF2 - As for whether I like or dislike Fisher, Teknetics or Bounty Hunter has nothing to do with it - Pick anyone of them up and judge them for yourself - Does it look like the solid build quality the USA had once become famous for? Not even close - I know they are supposed to be lightweight but there is a difference between sacrificing weight for quality -

As for your other issue regarding the GF2, don't attack me over it - FT are allowing the Viking (renamed GF2) to be sold in conjunction with their products in the Ukraine by their distributor - I suggest you take up your concerns with them like I have -

You have also eluded to Makro using Teknetics/Fisher platforms - My response to this is FT wishes - Makro/Nokta appear to be showing those really old companies how its done - Quality products - Exceptional performance & unmatched support - Its understandable the opposition is a little sour -

"Stealing American jobs, stealing US companies' intellectual property - is something I'm 100% against

Nokta/Makro is not, as far as I know doing this - so they are OK with me
"

yet you clearly state again - "they are introducing exciting and attractive elaborations of the basic T2/gold bug pro platform"

Finally, as you are also aware that FT does indeed get some of their items made in China - How do you feel with them stealing American jobs and allocating them offshore? - How is it theft of property rights when they are handed to them? If you are 100% against it have you stopped using the following products?

[www.jiesworld.com]

Somehow this myth of a big bad Chinaman stealing 'intellectual property' is better attributed to, those greedy western corporations working hard for their shareholders - not the loyalty to their workforce
June 05, 2016 11:12AM
Are you Slag from Kansas?
If so I think you are the guy that had an F2 then moved to a couple of F75's....one with and one without DST, right?
What are you looking for in this unit that those Fishers can't find?
Micro jewelry, my F70 seems to be able to find the really tiny stuff, surprisingly tiny, with just about any coil so those F75's should also.
Coins and rings, silver and gold?
Yea, not a problem there either especially if you are the one that hunts in that great Kansas soil.
Heavy iron infested sites?
I know a couple of ways and some really great settings to do this easily with the Fishers using 3 different coils but you just have to learn some slightly different target behavior than hunting normally and with practice it isn't all that hard to do.
56kHz sounds good on paper and would probably be a good option if you are a dedicated tiny nugget hunter but he frequency on mine seems to be plenty high enough to find all kinds of normal bucket list items in just about all sites and conditions.
So what was the reason for choosing this one?
Using and learning new detectors is fun but the machines need to work correctly to avoid this obvious frustration you are going through.
Hope you get all this straightened out eventually

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2016 11:21AM by diggwr27.
June 05, 2016 12:47PM
RC and I have been down this road before.

While I am not happy that many US companies have exported their manufacturing to China instead of making investments here in more efficient production facilities, it has nothing to do with the issue of intellectual property theft.

The Gold Finder 2 is one of many EXACT COPIES e Fisher Gold Bug Pro. They are illegal contraband. RC either doesn't understand this or is OK with it.

First Texas has exactly ONE detector which ever has been made in China - the Bounty Hunter jr. Even that machine is also produced in the factory in El Paso. The boxes of BH jr's clearly show the country that detector was produced in.

As to my original call of BS on his "flimsy" statement, he offers nothing except nonsense about "sacrificing weight for quality".

Oh well - time to move on, nothing will be achieved here

Rick Kempf
June 05, 2016 04:08PM
I never had build problems with Fisher products except a couple leaky coil problems. As long as I don't use them as a crutch... or for pole vaulting across a creek, they are strong enough for their purpose....nice and lite too.
June 05, 2016 04:25PM
Slag Wrote:
> Go fishing or buy American. Or foist a fraud on
> the next sucker.
>
> One might have expected better on Tom Dankowski's
> forum. One of the truly good intellects in metal
> detecting today and quite literally the author of
> micro jewelry hunting, Tom is an inspiration. One
> struggles for words.

Please explain your reasoning of even the thought that Tom.D is responsible or even remotely tied to your problems?
This is his site but not his metal detectors

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
June 05, 2016 06:11PM
AFAIK Tom has never endorsed the N/M machines specifically. I remember one post in particular where he classed the Racer as a good general purpose machine, no better or worse than many others.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2016 06:13PM by Jackpine.
June 05, 2016 06:36PM
rustic charm Wrote:
> Slag Wrote:
> -----
> > Dilek at Makro has already responded. She says
> she
> > will mail out a new one on Monday. Good call
> > Goodmore.
> >
> > You may be right too Hombre. No doubt you know
> a
> > lot about fools
>
> Now tell me Slag (if you please don't mind) - Do
> you have to send the old one in first to be
> assessed & then replaced?
>
> NO - wow - what a wonderful customer service they
> have in place - Usually you have to send the old
> unit back to the manufacturer (a pain if you are
> overseas) before they will repair or replace -
> However Makro/Nokta has improved on this
> extensively as NOT to cause delays to their
> customers - Yet another brilliant idea by
> manufacturers who put their customers first -
>
> Lets see a US manufacturer match that.

"Take a video of what it is doing so we can see" Is that a good response to a customers problem? I think not! All manufacturers will respond in damage control mode to problems posted on forums

I have had failures on US made detectors and after contacting the factory, had a new one shipped out immediately. This is nothing new and I didn't have to post on a forum to get the result.

This forum is getting awfully brand specific for my taste. Some of the replies could very well sour someone coming here to look for info on the machines in question..

my 2 cents

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
June 05, 2016 06:38PM
rustic charm Wrote:
> "American made these days are as flimsy as Chinese
> made - You only have to look at FT products to see
> this"
>
> Finally, as you are also aware that FT does indeed
> get some of their items made in China - How do you
> feel with them stealing American jobs and
> allocating them offshore?

Hi RC,

If you have specific quality complaints about FT products I'd like to hear them. We are fiercely quality-driven and customer feedback drives our process improvements.

Keep in mind that when FT acquired BH, Tek, and Fisher, all three were literally basket cases that didn't have the right to still exist. A lot of those old legacy products were revamped and continue to be produced simply because the market still wants them; some of them aren't as "solid-feeling" as we might like, like the old muffler-on-a-stick designs. But pick up a newer BH Pro model and compare to the older version; or try a new Fisher F, they're really solid. We're putting a lot of effort into better quality, and it shows.

With the lone exception of the BH Jr, all detectors are built in the El Paso factory. Yes, electronic components are sourced globally, we don't have a choice on that. I can't buy American-made IC's, they don't exist. When I left Analog Devices 11 years ago, off-shoring of IC production was pretty much completed. The El Paso factory is an impressive sight, especially for this business. I've worked for FTP and White's, and toured the Garrett and Tesoro factories, so I've seen all the big US detector factories. All I can say is, come see for yourself. I'll personally give you a tour and you might leave with a different perspective.

- Carl
June 05, 2016 08:01PM
A personal invitation. You can't do any better than that.
June 05, 2016 10:08PM
Just in case anybody doesn't know - Geotech - Carl ...

Is ... Carl Moreland, the Chief Engineer at First Texas Products. Previous to that, he was head of Engineering at Whites.

Rick Kempf