Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus hunt 6-15-2016. 9" coil

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus hunt 6-15-2016. 9" coil
June 15, 2016 09:22PM
Went to a site today,,I have hunted with etrac and CTX stock coils numerous times,,and in this particualr patch I hunted today,,only one worthy find actually with etrac 4 plus years ago-- General service button.

Two weeks ago,, I took my new friend who had just purchased a Deus lite version to the site,,,I found a buffalo nickel-- only worthy find ( shown in pic),,,but we were run off by thunderstorm.

Well today we went back,,,and my finds today in the pic.

Actually pulled a silver quarter,,some memorials,,half a locket,,and a few other goodies to include some kind of ring-- fit and finish seem to be quite good and I believe it is copper.

My bud was very frustrated,,, he thought his 11" coil was too big for the site,,and was unproductive,,,but I did let him listen to a few of my finds before digging them,, and he could hear them.

This patch loaded with nails, iron, modern trash.

Settings used today by myself.

9" coil, 18 kHz, reactivity 2 silencer -1, sens 95, Gb 79 manual, disc 2.5 full tones,, no notch whatsoever.

Some info to share with folks who are interested.

Deus may not be the best modern trash Hunter,,,but I consider my results IMO today to be stellar.

What did I do,,and listen for to hunt this nasty patch.

First and foremost,,any and all tones acquired were studied,,,any target that as I swept around,,,if it never run up to at least 76 on the meter--- no dig.

Some of these targets,,,actually would read 40s and 50s upon initial sweeps and coil approach angle,,,but as I would pivot,, higher numbers would move into the meter= dig for me.

The quarter was a surprise as I hadn't ever found a silver on this entire house site,,to include this smaller patch ( under shade trees in fence row).

Notice the nail in the pic close to the quarter,,,it was very near the quarter and off to the side a very small distance-- I figure that was why it was still there buried until I discovered and dug-- and it gave a very good signal,,one way,,and when turning not so good,, still diggable sounding though.

Now I should add,,,in sites like these where a person is picking and choosing targets,,, to limit how much junk they dig--- key thing to watch is the horseshoe,,,,why???

IMO,,if an operator sees the horseshoe half filled when sweeping a target or more--- op can more or less beleive the TID of target,,,you see less,,don't trust the TID,,but one can pivot and if they see a momentary rise to higher level TID numbers-- IMO dig.

The mighty Deus will treat you right if you treat her like a lady--- be patient,,don't briskly discount signals because of how they read or sound on initial sweeps of coil,,,and monitor the horseshoe shading,,and trust your decision process.

Did I today leave a good find or 2 in the ground in this patch??? I wouldn't bet against it.
But I do like how my system was working today.

Btw the iron relics,,all were a dead give away,, except for the ring.
I do dig iron relics,,but am somewhat selective-- have to have the right tone for me to dig.

Cheers and thanks for looking,,,and perhaps reading.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2016 09:42PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: XP Deus hunt 6-15-2016. 9" coil
June 15, 2016 10:30PM
You ARE working it I must sat Tnn. WTG and enjoying your posts.!!
June 15, 2016 11:04PM
Nice digs Tnss

big/er silvers are always a welcomed find. Love the little locket thing and the ring too.

I can tell by what I see in the pics and by your descriptive post & commentary in your last few threads on using the Deus -- that you're becoming "one" with the machine and have it pretty well down-pat/are getting to know it inside/out thumbs down

I can tell you with 110% confidence though = if you took a FR in there with the little 5" coil = you'd be in awe at what you'd find that the Deus missed (or on any site that you've used the Deus in) and/but has never seen a FR unit used in it.

I'm so confident now with the FR that I'm selling my 3rd (third Deus that I swore I'd never sell) as I completely see in all honesty how it truly is not needed in the iron infested sites I hunt and how the FR is currently the only iron sifter I need.

My main line up currently is CTX and FR for dirt fishin with Impact a possibility being on the horizon but also wanting to see the new Fisher units and what they have to offer coming soon smiling smiley

We'll see I guess!
June 16, 2016 11:39AM
Thanks Ozzie and Wayne.

I wouldn't mind trying a Nokta relic detector...

But I'm not about to get rid of what I think is the most ergonomically best feeling detector in my hands--Deus with 9" coil.

I am patiently waiting this versions 4 and this supposed newer coil,,,to see the deal with it and what it adds to overall separation and unmasking capabilities.

I see now,,I think what Xp was up to with the adding of full tones option on Deus---allows for lower disc yet be able to discern medium and bigger iron by sound.

I would also like to see some future (if possible and can retain depth of original coil releases) elliptical coil designs that even run on all the original frequencies.

Or could a 18khz dedicated freq coil elliptical in design be the ticket-????? Could overall performance be maximized by doing for carpets of nails hunting???

If so,,I would buy one if available.

Cheers