Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Battery upgrades

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Battery upgrades
June 16, 2016 10:36AM
For those of you water hunting with an Xcal RNB finally came out with an upgraded battery. If you have one of the older Xcal they came with a 700 mah battery..........real pain about 5 hours and you are done. No one will complain about worrying that they are loosing depth when their battery gets low with these babies. Im using a 1600 battery Plus right now and the difference is huge. Lith have the advantage of checking each cell when charged as well so you dont have that drop. RNB sent me one of their batteries and charger for the Explorer when they first came out.......... they like NEVER ran down. Nice to have a Smart charger as well.

[www.ebay.com]
Re: Battery upgrades
June 16, 2016 02:46PM
Thanks for the link. That's very tempting. Any idea if you are sacrificing any depth integrity following their instructions?
June 16, 2016 03:39PM
Id say their instructions are a little over kill.....much easier than it sounds. My thing is size...... on the 1600s you have to cut some of the plastic wrap so they drop in easier because those tubes are tapered at the bottom. Lith may be smaller and just drop in. When i used the explorer ones ......... they lasted for days and was still full. I asked them several years back when they introduced the Explorer ones and was told they were working on them. This is an upgrade most detectors should do now........ just makes sense if the tech is there.

Dew
June 18, 2016 07:05PM
Its nearly twice what I have been paying to replace the failing batteries for my Excal, but I think I am on number 4 and its starting to get iffy again. So maybe its worth it. Yes I have a good charger with the light and all. I also spent loads of time shaving down the inside of the battery case to get the stupid replacement to fit. For the cost of an Excal it should have a decent battery system and shaft!!!!!!!!!!!!! If there was a better surf detector I would not put up with it!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
June 18, 2016 08:10PM
Dont know which batteries you been using. I have 2 and rotate them. I put a lot of hours in water and you just cant go wrong with. An upgraded battery like the 1600 or this new lith which charges in under 3 hours. Same with the 1600..... less than an hour to charge.
June 21, 2016 08:43AM
I have gotten highly recommended MAXXPACKS 1500 and 1600 off the 'Bay and the buggars were just a tad fat and I have replaced both mine twice. I run them on their charger with the light and when it says good I turn it off wait a minute and turn it back on, it charges a few more minutes then signals ready and i take it off. I disconnect it when I am not hunting.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
June 21, 2016 11:39AM
Ive had mine for about a year..... I hunt about 30 hours a week and except for rotation they never come off the charger. No need with thes smart chargers. U may have other problems...... check the chargers out put. No way these batteries fail that fast. Yes the lith are pricy...... but they are the new age and would last many hunter a month on a single charge. Having each cell checked ensures proper charging.