Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

want to get a new machine

Posted by Caretaker 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
want to get a new machine
January 14, 2011 09:55PM
but I'm afraid to pull the trigger, with all the new machines coming out, I fall in love with the latest, and research it and don't get it, it's been going on for 3 to 4 years, I have two top of the line, older ones, XLT and a GTI1500, but I want a water proof ,salt water beach one and also use it on land when it rains, I'm from New England, so the beaches are salty I am told, I was leaning towards the ATPro, but research says it might not do great in the salt water, what do you guys suggest, I'm a father with kids, so keep it $1000 or less, thanks
Re: want to get a new machine
January 14, 2011 10:04PM
I have an Omega and love it. Really nice audio, great depth and decent build. I'm in Europe and most of the coins hit around Nickel, which is only a 5 point spread on the Omega. I dig everything so it's not a big deal really. I know they opened up that midrange on the AT Pro, so that might be a nice feature for you. The iron audio on the AT Pro really has me interested but I'm going to see how the coil "issue" works out until I try one. From what I've read, either of those units will outperform the 1500 but you have imagine I believe and that is a nice feature. The recovery on both is faster than on the 1500 as well. The Omega appears to have a faster recovery than the AT Pro but it has been said that the very analog sounding audio on the AT Pro makes up for that. You can find coins in the iron by listening to the mixed audio sound. Think it will take a lot longer to learn the AT Pro's sounds. I'm going by what I've read and seen in videos, I think the AT Pro goes deeper than the Omega but if so just a little. If you hunt jewelry and relics the AT Pro might be better, but I'm a coin hunter and sold my T2 for the Omega as it is a great coin machine.

You should read up on those two detectors by doing a google search, lots out there.

I am looking to get a new unit in the next few months and am content to wait with my Omega until that CZ80 is out! ;-) Might be a bit more than $1000 but you might have a few months to save. eheheh
January 14, 2011 11:04PM
For beach only Minelab Explorer, Etrac, excalibur
January 14, 2011 11:45PM
I recommend a CZ land unit......as it has the ability to be switched between 'salt' mode......and 'normal' mode. VERY important. A CZ-3D, CZ-5, CZ-6a, CZ-70 etc.......
Used.....or new.
January 14, 2011 11:46PM
Excalibur....If you want waterproof beach machine that disc extremely well...Cz 20 also disc on salt water....And still waterproof...

Want to have some fun and do some real learning Get the Infinium....if you want to keep it below 1,000.00 Gold Scan 5 if you want to double the money then some...

Fun machine's...Will find more than the excalibur and I mean more Ha-Ha...... but will get the goodies if you want to put the time and effort in...

Just my opinion..

these are the waterproof option's...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2011 11:47PM by Keith Southern.