Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

we dont all drive the same car so stop bashing my car

Posted by namm69 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
we dont all drive the same car so stop bashing my car
June 27, 2016 12:05PM
we all have our favorite detector and it may not be perfect but it is what we like if you like supporting turkey which is near the terroist of the middle east thats fine not me so dont try to stuff one machine down my throat like mr. Trump said america will be great again and we will get back to american way of life so use what you want and have fun and remember life is short
Re: we dont all drive the same car so stop bashing my car
June 27, 2016 12:58PM
Uhhhh...ok.
So what are you driving....Edsel, Yugo, a Pinto which I used to drive in the early 70's but I am still here to tell the tale?

People like what they like due to experience but all experiences, or areas we hunt, are not the same.
I use one that seems almost miraculous to me but others in the past seemed to hate and are happy to tell you how much.
Doesn't bother me nor do I knock them because they don't see what I see or know what I know, it just is what it is which is life.
Everyone is different, everyone is entitled to their opinion too but if you don't like someone's opinion or advice just ignore it...read something else that won't bother you so much.
Pretty easy to do most of the time...this is just a hobby with many tools to choose from and not a life and death advice column.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2016 01:08PM by diggwr27.
June 27, 2016 02:33PM
diggwr27 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Uhhhh...ok.
> So what are you driving....Edsel, Yugo, a Pinto
> which I used to drive in the early 70's but I am
> still here to tell the tale?
>
> People like what they like due to experience but
> all experiences, or areas we hunt, are not the
> same.
> I use one that seems almost miraculous to me but
> others in the past seemed to hate and are happy to
> tell you how much.
> Doesn't bother me nor do I knock them because they
> don't see what I see or know what I know, it just
> is what it is which is life.
> Everyone is different, everyone is entitled to
> their opinion too but if you don't like someone's
> opinion or advice just ignore it...read something
> else that won't bother you so much.
> Pretty easy to do most of the time...this is just
> a hobby with many tools to choose from and not a
> life and death advice column.

Good response dig----VERY GOOD!
June 27, 2016 02:54PM
Is there "crazy pills" going around, or is there something in the water? I guess I am guilty of "shoving machines" down peoples throats. Every new person that asks me which detector THEY should use, I say "Ace 250". Why? Because it is a great machine to start off using. It is simple, and effective for new users.

As for metal detectors being sold from overseas, do that support terrorism? How about foreign oil? If that is the case, do we need to stop driving as it supports terrorism? How about imported food? Do we need to stop eating as well?

Just as an aside, money doesn't cause terrorism, beliefs do.
June 27, 2016 03:07PM
Competition from Anywhere=Good
Terrorism from Anywhere=Bad.
June 27, 2016 03:20PM
Well,

I can sorta see your point.

But consider this.

One reason why some manufacturers get talked about here from a detector model
standpoint is they are in fact releasing new models.

A lot of the domestic makers seems aren't.

Also, I can make a statement about brand X model Y,,,and a person could indeed view it as bashing their very own detector.

A person if they try,, can read about anything into what a person posts here.

Also you see I like to mention many times what detector and many items coil size,,,has been in a site I hunt.

Now I'm not quick to jump on any certain model(s) detector bandwagon.

I try to be due diligent when I am using my equipment,,,and in doing so try and give accurate assessments,,,and this can be difficult and yes does come with risks.

But all in all,,,just reading one person results--- gives some basis of fact,,but when others are reporting similar or same results,,,a trend, a more believable trend is netted.

Folks I'm sure come to this forum for different reasons.

Some I hope like to get tips for using THEIR detector.

Some here I hope,, are reading and getting some information hopefully to make themselves a worthy purchase-- and be satisfied with it.

Some here I think,,and I could be way off base here,,,actually come here to read about detecting,,and they have for whatever reason terminated their detecting-- could be due to age, physical handicap, etc--- and these same people,,detecting was once in their blood and it is hard for them to turn it completely loose-- nothing at all wrong with this.

Some folks just like to see what others are finding,,,and maybe read some of the history behind some of the finds.

Some folks who come here have never detected in their lives,,,and are reading here weighing and deciding--- will they enjoy or is the hobby/ sport worth the money and time involved.

I'm sure I left some folks out here-- forgive me if I have.

The detectors you see being talked about today,,,,many of them come a couple years may be nothing but a memory.

And some of even the older made detectors will still be being talked about or mentioned.

Where a detector is made.

This is something some folks place a lot of value on.

Nothing wrong here with that either.

But at the same time,,a person shouldn't bash a detector solely based on where it is made.

I would like to see more great new performers made in the USA.

Equipment reliability and function.

These traits here,,,with some time,,a person can gauge ( place their bet) on which models least likely to give problems down the road.

All in all,,the more information provided here on this forum,, metal detecting related the better.
June 27, 2016 03:26PM
namm69 Wrote:
> we all have our favorite detector and it may not
> be perfect but it is what we like if you like
> supporting turkey which is near the terroist of
> the middle east thats fine not me so dont try to
> stuff one machine down my throat like mr. Trump
> said america will be great again and we will get
> back to american way of life so use what you want
> and have fun and remember life is short

Terrorists aren't located in the middle-east,... have a look at the map,... they've got a lot of sand to terrorize!
I'm from the City of Belgium and the hub of the terrorrists are located a stones throw away from our Kings household.

It seems like the immigrants clinging to their heritage are a lot more radical in their beliefs and traditions than the actual inhabitants of the country they come from.
Go Figure?

Anyway, use and abuse what you like,... if you like coffee and don't drink tea,... good for you!
Whatever gets you up and going in the morning.

As with the fanboys eventually getting on your nerves because they are overdoing the "This Detector of Mine is THÉ Best".
Well I'm very glad somebody can get along with it,... sure wasn't Me!

HH
Johnb
June 27, 2016 03:38PM
Oi know where your coming from in away..

Not necessarily on the whole terror thing ..

I take a human one at a time not as a whole group...The people I've dealt with at MakNok are as down to earth as about anyone I've dealt with.

But yes the whole mines better than the others gets old...There's slot of great units made...Dave Johnson makes a lot of them.Guys a genius...American detectors are far more relevant than what may be seen...Especially FTP...

Foreign manufacturers wish they had of thought of A T2 or F75....

Theres technology in there they can't crack..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 27, 2016 04:19PM
Namm69 - Hey Hal!

You wrote "...supporting turkey which is near the terroist of the middle east... "

Turkey is a NATO member, they just patched up relatioms with Israel this last week, they have suffered numerous terrorist attacks in their own country. Living in a tough neighborhood, they don't always see eye-to-eye with the US, but then a lot of us Americans don't agree with all of our foreign policy.

Lighten up.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 27, 2016 04:36PM
We all like to brag about our machines and some of us..I know I do, like to point out other machines that didn't preform for us. And some of the units that are coming from other countries have a right to sell in the US as long as we let them. They seem to making better preforming machines for some of us and I do wish that the US could start to catch up again..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 27, 2016 06:24PM
we dont need bulgaria or turkey we need to make america great again i dont trust any of them in this region

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2016 06:30PM by namm69.
June 27, 2016 06:32PM
Are your meds off or what.

Turkey was neutral in WW II, just like Swirzerland - are you anti-Swiss too? Here's some info from [www.quora.com]

"Turkey didn’t actively participate on the Allied side of the war, but acted as a very benevolent neutral power toward the Allies. It was one of the first countries added to NATO after its initial formation, joining the alliance in 1952.

Atatürk (the father of modern Turkey) in no way held favorable views toward the Axis. He actually welcomed in thousands of anti-Nazi and Jewish Germans who were fleeing Nazi persecution. As someone else had already mentioned, Hitler once sent him a missive essentially demanding that Turkey stop doing this, and Atatürk responded by contemptuously stating that he didn’t take orders from a Corporal."

They did side with the "central Powers" (Germany and Austria) in World War I - the same war which we desperately tried to stay out of - only getting involved 3 years after it started.

Rick Kempf
attn mr no punctuation and run on sentence structure and misspellings too
June 27, 2016 06:43PM
Why do people feel they have to defend their detector(s) or the company who made it? I have an F75SE made by Fisher and FTP, for example ONLY. Somebody posts and says F75s are a POS. Doesn't bother me in the least. Same with slams on Nokta, Makro, Minelab, etc. Doesn't faze me. Now, you slam my wife or my kids or my college football team, or my cats, we have a BIG problem. I'm not so insecure that I have to believe I drive the only car or detector worth having. I drive and swing what I LIKE. You don't have to like it. I'm OK with that.
So that's my take on people who get their feelings hurt when somebody looks at their detector the wrong way. They have some deep seated emotional problem (and probably a small ....) and they're just "kickin' the cat" when they call somebody out for saying something negative about THEIR detector, even though what is said might be entirely honest and true and come from someone who did own, or still owns, that detector.

They say it takes all kinds, but couldn't we just try it out for a little while without some kinds, just to see?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
June 27, 2016 06:47PM
I liked the pinto's,gas tank blowing up was a minor inconvenience..

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2016 08:31PM by supertraq.
Re: attn mr no punctuation and run on sentence structure and misspellings too
June 27, 2016 06:51PM
right dont tell me i cant find anything if i dont have a racer or nokta like some people on here are telling us some have not hunted for 20 years plus like we have
June 27, 2016 07:18PM
That's why some guys drive red chevies and some guys drive blue fords kind of thing....
Be my guest and bash my machines thats the way we all learn....
namm69 Wrote:
> right dont tell me i cant find anything if i dont
> have a racer or nokta like some people on here are
> telling us some have not hunted for 20 years plus
> like we have

Right!

I know guys using 25 yr old machines they bought back then and are still pulling some of the best stuff I've ever seen come out of the ground!

I still use a 1991 made water machine myself and find just as much as anyone using the latest/greatest water units out there and the thing is = I've had most of those and they either break, leak (like a few of mine did) or just simply ain't as good as my old Whites from way back when grinning smiley

I use what works best for me and usually it's a combo of imports and domestic made machines

to each his own I say thumbs down
June 27, 2016 08:52PM
supertraq Wrote:
> I liked the pinto's,gas tank blowing up was a
> minor inconvenience..

Luckily, when I washed it I never rubbed the back end real hard when I dried or waxed it.
June 27, 2016 09:42PM
supertraq Wrote:
> I liked the pinto's,gas tank blowing up was a
> minor inconvenience..

Best belly laugh of the day!!
June 27, 2016 10:27PM
I would walk and carry a Chevy hub cap as to ride in a dodge eye rolling smiley
June 28, 2016 11:08PM
Don't bash my 72' AMC Gremlin! LOL!
June 28, 2016 11:34PM
1961 Valiant - rear ended some old guy on my way home from the used car lot in a thunderstorm. He opens his door, clutches his chest and collapses into the gutter.

Great way to start my car ownership carreer. The guy lived, so did I and the three on the floor Valiant.

Rick Kempf
June 29, 2016 12:00AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> Is there "crazy pills" going around, or is there
> something in the water?

End of days I do think has begun... No lol on this one.

June 29, 2016 01:54AM
hey this topic has getting some stupid replys good luck with your turkey detectors i belive people have taken this metal detecting too serious and too many odd balls on this site life is too short for this bullshit
June 29, 2016 02:07AM
Be Happy smiling bouncing smiley Have you hugged your Tesoro today?
June 29, 2016 02:16AM
Hombre Wrote:
> Be Happy smiling bouncing smiley Have you hugged your Tesoro today?

No----but I kicked it-----will that do yah????????
June 29, 2016 02:25AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Hombre Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Be Happy smiling bouncing smiley Have you hugged your Tesoro today?
>
>
> No----but I kicked it-----will that do yah????????

I was trying to be light hearted...never mind ...carry on
June 29, 2016 03:19AM
namm69 Wrote:
> hey this topic has getting some stupid replys good
> luck with your turkey detectors i belive people
> have taken this metal detecting too serious and
> too many odd balls on this site life is too short
> for this bullshit

Somebody's backed up,little exlax will cure that.
17 post in a year,hum your the one insulting everyone,maybe your the odd ball

June 29, 2016 03:31AM
I love my "Turkey" detectors and my Aussie detectors!
Funny, you don't want me to bash your choice of detector (car, whatever) but you're bashing mine?! LOL! .... Hypocrite.
Detectors, Isolationism, terrorism, NATO allies, Presidential Elections
June 29, 2016 04:35AM
namm69 Wrote:
> hey this topic has getting some stupid replys good
> luck with your turkey detectors i belive people
> have taken this metal detecting too serious and
> too many odd balls on this site life is too short
> for this bullshit

You left out religion in your original sentence.

Gonebeepin'

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.