Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Golden Mask 5

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Golden Mask 5
June 29, 2016 09:37AM
Well I've one on order, a dual frequency detector with a few nice features, also ordered the fighter coil which is for medium to high mineralised ground, we'll soon see then, nothing ventured nothing gained!
[youtu.be]
Re: Golden Mask 5
July 02, 2016 03:26AM
Interested to .see what you have to say about it.
July 02, 2016 04:02AM
Yea me two,wanna hear about it,maybe a deep machine that can handle the beach to gold fields.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
July 02, 2016 07:10AM
Should have it next week, so i will keep you updated.
July 06, 2016 12:11PM
The GM5 arrived thismorning, i very quickly put it together and gave it a simple air test, which to be honest was poor compared to the racer2, but i then ran it over the 9inch victorian penny in my garden and i was very surprised it nailed it and gave a clear dig me on the TID screen, the same coin the racer barely hit! High hopes this little detector is getting through my ground far better.
For the money i wasn't expecting the earth, but wireless headphones, straight carbon shaft, 2 coils, screen and battery protectors, recharable batteries, dead light and balanced, i could go on and on, for only £395 delivered!
Hoping to get a bit of proper testing in the next few days, but on initial impression im well pleased.
July 06, 2016 04:14PM
[youtu.be]

One for the small coil lovers, 5'coil hitting a 9' and then 10' victorian penny with stable ID in medium to high mineralisation, signal on the 10' coin is faint but the ID says dig me!
I'll do another video scanning the same coins then dig them up as i don't believe it myself lol
July 06, 2016 05:09PM
Another little interesting feature, DL-discrimination level, it doesn't up the disc as you would think, it raises/lowers the reaction time.
At the lowest setting it is slower processing and sort of takes a snap shot and you get good iron rejection, turn it up and it's dead fast but comprises ID.
On low setting its kind of like an etrac and high setting is like a racer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 05:10PM by ghound.
July 07, 2016 08:57PM
Don't dig up your test bed. Just go validate in the real world.

Thanks for the report.
Mike
July 09, 2016 06:59AM
[youtu.be]

Quick video of the 5' coil on a 10'coin, and digging it up.
The ground is showing med/high mineralisation on this detector but once ground balanced it see's right through it.
July 10, 2016 02:13AM
It's an interesting machine but sure seems noisy
July 10, 2016 10:02AM
Running max sensitivity it is noisy, dropping it down a few clicks and its really stable.
18khz is very sensitive and ideal for the small hammered coins here in the UK, but i was hunting over one of my fields today on 8khz as I've picked the small shallow stuff already with etracs, 705, racer etc and was picking up buckles and big buttons at decent depth.
This field is a bit of a pig, it's got hot rocks, coke and comes in high on the GM5's mineral scale. Hot rocks give a wide high tone but when you wriggle the coil over it the signal nulls and you can't locate it's center, so thats them sorted, coke also gives a high tone, sometimes it sounds a bit fuzzy but the screen ID is all over the spectrum so easy enough to pick out.
All in i really like this machine, it's ideal for my hunting in medium to high mineralised ground, personally i wouldn't pick it for good ground as it wouldn't get near the depth of certain other detectors, it air tests around 12 inch with the 9'coil, BUT it cuts through my ground and loses less depth than any other detector ive tried to date.
Did i mention the wirless headphones, switch them on, flick a switch on the detector and your good to go, and they have a volume control lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2016 10:28AM by ghound.
July 10, 2016 03:35PM
It seems like a very nice machine can it disc out aluminum foil?
July 10, 2016 04:33PM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems like a very nice machine can it disc out
> aluminum foil?

No Junior, highest it go's is smal iron, but the screen ID is pretty good its got a wide section for foil between iron and nickel. For myself foil is where some of the tiny thin silver coins comes in so i don't disc it anyways.
Infact the screen ID can display 2 items close together, say iron beside a silver coin, just sweep over it a few times and it will show both.
July 11, 2016 07:24PM
[youtu.be]

Hi guys, another quick vid showing recovery speed and the spectrum screen showing 2 co located targets. Compare this to a detector showing an number ID, it correctly shows iron and copper as well as giving clear audio, i just love the way this detector feeds target info to the user.
I was using a big old tablet so sorry for the poor quality video!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2016 07:26PM by ghound.
July 12, 2016 04:31AM
Know of any connection between Golden Mask and Tangra detectors? Both the Golden Mask 5 and Tangra Relic Hunter 3 look and sound exactly the same. Although the Tangra is a little bit more expensive but comes with 2 different styles of digital readout; the Golden Mask graph scale and the Tangra Mineral pie chart with numeric VDI. The coils look different though. Maybe their circuitry are different?
July 12, 2016 04:45AM
As far as i know golden mask designed/developed the detector for Tangra, looks similar but works different.