Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which detectors operate in stereo?

Posted by marcomo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Which detectors operate in stereo?
June 30, 2016 04:22AM
Which manufacturer's detectors operate in stereo, and which in mono?
Re: Which detectors operate in stereo?
June 30, 2016 04:34AM
By stereo do you mean all metal audio in one ear and disc audio in the other? If that's what you're asking about I know the Nautilus DMC-2b has it. The White's V3i and a couple of there other detectors have mixed mode audio which operates the same way. There are probably more but I'm not familiar with them.
June 30, 2016 08:31AM
The Rutus Jupiter can do stereo mixed-mode, from what I've read.
June 30, 2016 03:18PM
I guess what I'm asking is which manufacturer's detectors require the headphone stereo/mono switch to be in the stereo position and which manufacturer's detectors require it to be in mono?
June 30, 2016 04:36PM
Whites has I think the DFX that does that

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 01, 2016 10:13AM
ALL my detectors are stereo when hooked up to this system....

Lots of questions all the time about headphones and also should I wear them or shouldn't.
Do they make a difference or not, etc...
Personally I do like to wear them, but in the real hot weather they might make my ears sweat a little so I came up with another option and sometimes I go this route.

These two geek engineer friends of mine made me a pair of speakers I can put in the bed of my pickup and I connected all my detectors to them with wireless.
I just turn the system on full blast at my park sites and I can hear all signals no matter where I walk in the whole park.
Those whisper signals people talk about, well, they ain't no whispers when I run them through this setup.
I figure everyone in the park should be able to enjoy my hobby, and this is a good way to enable me to share so they can do that.
Not only can everyone in the park hear all signals...we can actually FEEL them as the sound waves pass through our bodies.
Neat!

The first few sites I used this I parked a little too close to picnic pavilions with family reunions going on and the sight of all those people flopping around on the ground with bleeding ears was a little disconcerting but I learned a lesson and now I just park a few yards further away from these areas.

Bonus...I picked the brains of some of the nice people at Tesoro and made some improvements so now the whole system runs on just two 9v batteries!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2016 10:15AM by diggwr27.
July 01, 2016 11:21AM
Looks a bit like how my set-up was a few years ago, before I upgraded it to Dolby 5.1 surround sound specification, using some surplus gear I picked up when Deep Purple had a garage sale.....