Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who here has maybe helped law enforcement detecting for evidence

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Who here has maybe helped law enforcement detecting for evidence
July 03, 2016 03:48AM
Just curious.
I haven't.
Re: Who here has maybe helped law enforcement detecting for evidence
July 03, 2016 10:51AM
I have- a few times - well worth it - good experience - guns n ammo
July 03, 2016 01:02PM
Myself & a couple of friends have, a number of times.
July 03, 2016 02:30PM
I have no participated my self, but the club in San Jose - Santa Clara County, CA., has a unit sanctioned by law enforcement there to help at crime scenes.
July 03, 2016 02:39PM
Been retired from Pa. State Police for 25 years and we did contact local clubs years ago, however most police departments now have their own detectors..
So now not too prevalent unless larger areas to cover...
July 03, 2016 04:01PM
I didn't really get back into the hobby until well after I left LE, but after I did, I offered my former Chief my services if he ever needed them (small county dept). He has his own nice outdated Garrett still NIB and told me thanks but no thanks. He's the kind of fellow that likes to collect toys but never uses them or lets anyone else touch them. Nonetheless, several of the underbrass know I am available if needed.
July 03, 2016 10:20PM
Our club has been called out by county Sheriffs and State Highway Patrol several times and I have been involved three times. Our club President and Vice President are both CHP officers and that helps our cred.s a bit.
I also got to advice the county liason officer what to buy and they did take my advice and bought what I recommended. thumbs down

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 04, 2016 09:48AM
As a game warden in Nova Scotia I have used a detector many times searching for evidence...example: firearms,spent cartridges,lead bullets,knifes,spot lights,flashlights ....retrieving bullet fragments out of wildlife.
It's a handy tool....my county office was probably the first to see the value in a metal detector after seeing the results. Also local RCMP have called us in to help search for evidence on occasion .
It's just another tool for the toolboxsmiling smiley
July 04, 2016 04:14PM
I belonged to the club Ron mentioned earlier. We had a very active Evidence Recovery Team. We performed searchers for: Monterey County Sheriff, Santa Clara County Sheriff, the San Jose Mountain View and Palo Alto PD ane even for the local FBI field office in San Francisco.

One of our recovery efforts made it into the television show Cold Case Files. Unfortunately, I was on vacation when the ERT was activated for this find.

For those interested, here are some links to this accomplishment of our ERT team.
Evidence recovery

Rarely do we get to see the resulting outcome due to the evidence we find, here is a follow up to the previous story:
Evidence discovery follow up

Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no point in two people remembering the same thing...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2016 04:17PM by Rudy.
July 04, 2016 11:56PM
Rudy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I belonged to the club Ron mentioned earlier. We
> had a very active Evidence Recovery Team. We
> performed searchers for: Monterey County Sheriff,
> Santa Clara County Sheriff, the San Jose Mountain
> View and Palo Alto PD ane even for the local FBI
> field office in San Francisco.
>
> One of our recovery efforts made it into the