Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

what we need is a new detector

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
what we need is a new detector
July 03, 2016 07:43PM
We need about every six months different companies to come out with new detectors from all over the world. I love to read about the new stuff coming out. I know that Deus is coming out with a new pin pointer that is going to be very different from what we are using? And they have an update that has been in the works for two years. What is up with fisher and others. I don't hunt in the summer anymore I save my energy for the late summer and fall - winter. I love that time of year to hunt. So I get bored..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: what we need is a new detector
July 03, 2016 08:26PM
Naw--You don't need a new detector lowboy.----Your Deus & Racer are PLENTY capable---you've said so yourself MANY times!smiling smiley-----What you (all of us) need is more research, research, research (for new hunt sites).---That'll take some of the boredom out for you also while you're waiting for Fall!winking smiley------I hear ya though----(some) new detectors are intriguing, exciting, interesting, wonderful, etc., etc., etc.--and last but not least (sometimes) a pain in the butt!-----BUT-----they sure are fun things though, aren't they!!
July 03, 2016 08:34PM
Lowboy - You could always get yourself a Racer 2. grinning smiley
July 03, 2016 10:07PM
The obvious answer is to buy another Deus and Racer and see if you can breed them and get many tiny pin pointers.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 03, 2016 10:47PM
Heat index's been running 106-116 deg. here with real temps in upper 90's.. To hot with high humidity, not like the dry heat out West,hot smiley
Anyways you can always hunt at night,I use to hours on end but seldom do now. Joints hurt to much and take the fun out of everything.
Ain't even been fishing this summer.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2016 11:45PM by supertraq.
July 03, 2016 11:27PM
The Impact is kind of coming?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

July 04, 2016 01:40AM
You are always saying the Racer and Deus are all you need for what you do and you don't need anything else. Why even be interested in a new machine or the Impact?
July 04, 2016 02:16AM
What we need is some cooler weather and all the weeds and such to go bye bye.
July 04, 2016 02:34AM
Daniel...if a new detector comes out that is the next generation in iron hunting and uncovering relics why would you pass on that? What I'm using is great, but I sold my XLT like a million years ago. Nothing wrong with something coming out that may work better than what we have...is there?

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

July 04, 2016 10:24AM
KTS GPA 3000 METAL DETECTOR - New 2016
[www.detectorslink.com]
LowBoy
July 04, 2016 01:37PM
As I recall, you are a "dig it all" practitioner. You philosophy "iron is good." And you do recover some very nice iron relics.

So why are you using discriminating VLFs anyway? Why are you not using a PI machine and unmasking by elimination?

Maybe your "new detector' is waiting on you. <g>

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
July 04, 2016 04:20PM
You would think that in England they would be using PI but from the forums I read not many do. I guess I understand VLF better and when I see more using for relic hunting maybe I'll try one

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

July 04, 2016 04:25PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You would think that in England they would be
> using PI but from the forums I read not many do. I
> guess I understand VLF better and when I see more
> using for relic hunting maybe I'll try one

Using a PI in around Europe,,would = digging mostly everywhere,,,,too much iron,,,sites are much older habitation wise than in the USA
In places over there,,,a backhoe and sifter would be better than a PI detector.

One reason the mighty Deus is so popular there.
July 05, 2016 08:06PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lawrenzo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You would think that in England they would be
> > using PI but from the forums I read not many do.
> I
> > guess I understand VLF better and when I see
> more
> > using for relic hunting maybe I'll try one
>
>
> Using a PI in around Europe,,would = digging
> mostly everywhere,,,,too much iron,,,sites are
> much older habitation wise than in the USA
> In places over there,,,a backhoe and sifter would
> be better than a PI detector.
>
> One reason the mighty Deus is so popular there.

The mighty Deus is so popular here in Europe because it's an easy swing!
People dig Roman Silver with Garett Aces. No need at all for a detector to go deep, just wait another year for the soil to get turned by the plow.

I've run a F75 Ltd and the machine was great at picking up 15th century coins.
I've run a X-terra 705 with HF large coil and blew my ears off on a Roman coin.
The F19 with stock coil easily puts those small drops of lead and thin silver coins in your pouch.
The CTX with coiltek elliptical get's the job done no problem.

A lot of people I've met here in Belgium actually have their disc set so they don't dig any iron.
They aren't interested in those small deep silver signals in a bunch of nails,... they just walk and swing,... most part they just RUN and GOLF swing.

As a beach hunter I have a mindset geared towards small and deep clean signals.
You'd be amazed what this mindset can do in a hunted out Roman hotspot with deep sensitive detectors.

Biggest problem is the crop cycle,... the farmers are very fast!
So people think they need to be fast as well and that's where the mighty Deus Recon unit comes in :-)

HH
Johnb
July 05, 2016 08:57PM
Quote:"You would think that in England they would be using PI"
Just digging non-iron, our 'good finds' rate on farmland is very low, below 5% (it varies a lot, and it's very subjective), if we dug iron too, it would fall way below 1%.
Amongst the 95%+ rubbish, you will have:
iron nails that fool a detector
large iron lumps (plough blades, tines, farm machinery parts, typically)
ring-shaped iron (washers, bolts, horse bridle rings)
coke (part-burnt coal, from steam-powered farm machinery)
'modern' ordnance (shotgun cartridge bottoms, igniters from same, bullet casings, bullets, airgun pellets)
small random blobs of leads
bits of random broken sheet metal (fairly modern, brass or zinc)
modern fasteners, screws, nuts, bolts. (Some from machinery, some from burnt furniture, the ash gets spread on the field, including the fixings).
Bits of wire.

There's often plenty of uninteresting buttons, too, thanks to the practice of dumping old clothes on the land as biodegradable material (linen, wool, cotton).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2016 09:16PM by Pimento.
July 06, 2016 12:29AM
I know what you're saying buddy. I get a little bored this time of year too. But ya know, there's not a gnat's hind end difference in the depth department between top of the line VLF machines nowadays. More power means more depth. But you can't get but so much power out of a few 9 volt batteries. The issue now for most folks is handling ground mineralization, seperartion, tone bleeding, unmasking speed, whatever you what to call it, and all the above combined.This is why I too keep looking for the next best detector that has the capability to do it all. But no matter what these folks come out with we'll probably keep on looking. But I will say this. If they come up with one that will low tone on aluminum, I'll give up the forums.grinning smiley. Personally I think at this point one very important factor in all this is to own and use whatever machine you have long enough to know it and understand its language completely. I have the honor and pleasure of hunting with a fellow who is in his 90's. He's been using the same detector for over 30 years at least. He smokes me and all my detecting buddies with all our new machines every time. And every time when we complain about our machines not having a good day he says, keep on swinging it, it'll eventually start talking to ya.thumbs down