Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WHAT WE NEED IS.........

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WHAT WE NEED IS.........
July 03, 2016 08:54PM
to trade a few hunt sites!!!-----Anybody up for trading a couple of my ole beat to death hunt areas for a couple of your prime (or semi-prime) sites???-----C'mon & smile--despite what you think--your face won't crack by doing it!!!------Lowboy's right on one thing---boredom---I think it's contagious!---Must have caught it off him!-----Boy, it's getting hot out there!---Detector/coil testing is about all I've gotten done lately.-----anyway----ANYONE that is interested in the before mentioned trade(s)---get ahold of me!-----You know my name----Hey, that sounds like the name of a movie!----Gotta go rest now--this was a lot of work putting this (potential) deal together!
Re: WHAT WE NEED IS.........
July 03, 2016 09:17PM
It's tempting, but Del, I would need 6 references. smileys with beer HH jim tn
July 03, 2016 10:05PM
If its true that one man's trash is another's treasure... I have some prime sites for you Del!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 03, 2016 11:09PM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's tempting, but Del, I would need 6 references.
> smileys with beer HH jim tn

Jim-----Not sure I can find six references that trusts me enough to vouch for me!-----Would two suffice do ya think???cool smiley
July 03, 2016 11:18PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> If its true that one man's trash is another's
> treasure... I have some prime sites for you Del!

Sounds GREAT Tom!-----Tectorist's mah name---Trash"s mah game!!!-------Sounds like sites I've ALWAYS dreamed of!!smiling smiley
July 04, 2016 01:46AM
I have a nice old farm you can come detect. Ozzie chased the skunk away for us yesterday morning. Wish I would have filmed him....sigh
July 04, 2016 02:26AM
Rod-PA Wrote:
> I have a nice old farm you can come detect. Ozzie
> chased the skunk away for us yesterday morning.
> Wish I would have filmed him....sigh

Sounds great Rod--I sure am glad I made this post!!!!!!-----That Ozzie! Some guys git to have all da fun!!winking smiley
July 04, 2016 04:59AM
I'll trade my hot hunting spot about 23 miles south of p'cola Beach,grounds a little wet though.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
July 04, 2016 10:32AM
It's a skunk kind of year......seen 8 in 2 weeks, one got my dog square in the face.....didn't know what was worse, that, or having to wake my wife at 2:30 in the morning to help me with d-scenting.
It's funny,...... now.

My thought on chasing him was.......skunks and detectorists basically look like they're doing the same thing in the field....searching and not really paying attention to what's around them. I didn't want Rod or I (especially me) to all of a sudden see a skunk in front of our coil. Some skunks are quick on the draw and generous, some are stingy, have more patients and will avoid giving up their juice......didn't want to test him.

I know If I got sprayed, Rod wouldn't give me a ride back....and I'd have to call my wife.... didn't want to go through that again just days later. Thinking about it, my wife wouldn't let me in her car either. I can see it now.....stripping down in the field, burning my clothes and the wife spraying me down with her concoction whilst cars drive by laughing.

And that's why I wanted the skunk out of the field.....make sense?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2016 10:51AM by ozzie.
July 04, 2016 11:37AM
Makes perfect sense to me Ozzie!-----Skunk stories sound funny---until you're on the receiving end of one of those things.sad smiley------BTW, I KNEW there was a reason Rod was being so generous---gonna let me detect his farm!---He wants to use me as a "point man"! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2016 11:52AM by D&P-OR.
speaking of smells...
July 04, 2016 01:55PM
Do relics have a smell?
If pigs can be trained to hunt truffles. Could dogs or pigs or another animal with good digging front feet or snouts be used to hunt relics? That would come in handy as we get too old to carry our detectors or dig our own holes.
If they just find the stuff, we'll call them pointers. If they find it and dig it, we'll call them retrievers. And if they get really good at it, we could call them discriminating detectors.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?