Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta relic hunt (small coil) 7-4-2016

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta relic hunt (small coil) 7-4-2016
July 05, 2016 02:31AM
Have been in this site before quite a few times,, loads of iron and some modern trash.
Late 1800s early 1900s house site,,burned down around 1970.
Site has given up few coins using any and all detectors run in it by me thus far.

Nothing really earth shattering today,,tried to hunt after a rain shower when cooler,,but eventually did get run off by another approaching storm.

Will say I like how the relic responds to iron objects as well as nonferrous.

Looks like I did find the end to a tube of lipstick,,head stamp, copper washer, buckle of some sort,,pull tab, a bottle opener,a few modern bullets,,and some unknown to me.

Really like this detector-- a person can really hone in with it,,,makes hunting sites that are littered a lot easier than some other detectors I have run.
This particular site is cut real short currently,,,I need to hit it some more over the next coming days.

Cheers

Re: Nokta relic hunt (small coil) 7-4-2016
July 05, 2016 02:49AM
Nice hunt, TNSS.

As you stated, the Relic separates ferrous and non ferrous really well. My go to detector for trash laden sites. I put the large stock coil on yesterday for the first time in a long time and I was still impressed with it's abilities to separate in the trash. Keep up the good work.

Dean
July 06, 2016 01:42AM
Thanks Dean.

Needs to cool off a bit,,hard to detect for longer periods now.
July 06, 2016 02:45PM
tn,
You're a bit like me...dig everything! One sure fired way to guarantee some fun & surprises! grinning smiley
July 06, 2016 06:45PM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tn,
> You're a bit like me...dig everything! One sure
> fired way to guarantee some fun & surprises! grinning smiley

I cherry pick at times,,and most times I try and stage my sites,,,for example getting the obvious better signals id wise,,and with more hunts ,,,my target selection criteria ID wise and tone,,gets less and less forgiving,

And a new detector,,I usually try and push the limits to try and get a feel,,for what it is telling me.

And yes sometimes, I get surprised.
July 06, 2016 06:50PM
good days digging!! have you used the 5x10 coil at all? i got one on order, hope it comes by fall