Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus, 9 in coil; D-E-E-P bullets! (pointer to video)

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus, 9 in coil; D-E-E-P bullets! (pointer to video)
July 06, 2016 07:17PM
[www.youtube.com]

They don't mention settings but the recovery depth is unreal.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Deus, 9 in coil; D-E-E-P bullets! (pointer to video)
July 08, 2016 09:41PM
I am surprised that nobody has remarked about the depth at which these guys and their Deuses were recovering minie balls. And I was very surprised at the signal and the TID of 98 IIRC they were getting.
Is no one else surprised at the depth or wondering about the TID numbers?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
July 09, 2016 12:54AM
NO, not anyone that has a Deus and knows how to set it up. They will go Deep if set right and give a good TID to about 12" or a little better in my dirt.
July 09, 2016 02:07AM
Those are definitely some very deep bullets. The Deus seems to hit on them quite well for sure. I've never used a Deus do to the price but maybe one day I'll get to try one.
July 09, 2016 04:19AM
I have read some folks hunting in the northeast USA,,,finding bullets with Deus in the 14-15" depth range.

I have dug some deep nickels using my Deus units.

My soil though is not the mildest.

Btw my detecting currently on hold--- rain like no tomorrow,,,inches and inches,,,seems to rain everyday,,and when it does it pours between 1 and 4" ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2016 04:22AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 09, 2016 06:00AM
It depends on soil type too. I hunted a site up in Virginia on the James River that had soil similar to that in the video. I had a Tesoro Vaquero with stock coil at the time. I couldn't believe how deep I was digging bullets and brass up there; some surpassed the 11-12 inch mark in disc mode with faint but repeatable signals. Whereas back home in red dirt, that same machine could only achieve 4-5 inches on a bullet in disc mode. Soil type will always be the key to whether you get good depth or not. People with good/decent soil always get in an uproar with their favorite detectors when someone with bad soil posts about not getting but a few inches with that same detector. They assume it is operator error since they are seeing great depth in their neck of the woods. That is not always the case....and until they see it first hand, it will be a big argument back and forth.