Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer 2 wireless headphones

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer 2 wireless headphones
July 08, 2016 07:29AM
Seems to be an issue with the volume on them in the UK, no volume control on the headsets, either near silent or full volume via
the detector controls?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2016 10:54AM by ghound.
Re: Racer 2 headphones
July 08, 2016 11:10AM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems to be an issue with the volume on them in
> the UK, no volume control on the headsets, either
> near silent or full volume via the detector
> controls?

Yes, I just got mine here in Australia for the Racer 2, and the lowest volume setting is just acceptable, but anything within the rest of the volume range is simply unusable (ie: blow your ears off material). Will question my local dealer to see what the issue is, as he tested them on the Gold Racer, not the Racer 2.
July 08, 2016 11:42AM
I posted on another forum that Makro/Nokta will surely make a statement about the issue. Give them time to do the research. Mine are pre-ordered, but I don't want to spend money on a bad quality product.
July 08, 2016 01:59PM
I was going to get a couple pair of those h.p.'s (for my wife & myself).----I'm holding off on that purchase now though--till we see what's going on with them.----At first it appeared that they were loud but you could control the audio thru the detector volume control.----Now it sounds like it's a problem doing that also.------Makro needs to step in on the forums & make a statement in regards to this.
July 09, 2016 10:45AM
"I'm sorry but I don't get this thread? Have Makro supplied [ a different Koss headset ] to what they put in the boxes of the 1st supplied R2's?"
July 09, 2016 10:52AM
No Des it's the new wireless headphones.
Re: Racer 2 wireless headphones
July 13, 2016 10:13AM
Seen this on another forum, bloody testers fault lol !!

Please note that we sent the wireless headphone samples to a few testers in the USA, Europe and Australia.
We got no negative feedback on the volume from any of the testers so we released them as they are. We believe it is more of a subjective point rather than an issue.
However, we are tweaking the volume now since some customers are concerned.
Since we did not ship any units to USA yet, no concern for the customers who have pre-ordered them as they will be getting the revised version.
For any customers who already bought them thru Europe or Australia and who think the volume is high, we can replace the headphones with a new one.
July 13, 2016 02:05PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seen this on another forum, bloody testers fault
> lol !!
>
yes, pretty cheesy response......

here's my response from the other forum...

"rather than 'subjective' does this mean we'll get a volume control (the R2's analog knob) that's linear and uses the full 'turning' range of the knob? Doesn't seem 'subjective' to me if some folks are saying the minimum 'knob' setting (turned down to the stop) is just acceptable and ALL of the rest of the knob's range is 'ear splittingly' high? let's call a spade a spade and at least acknowledge there is a real problem....I want the knob to work identically whether using corded headphones or your wireless set. Now what's wrong with that?"
July 13, 2016 03:27PM
Yes it's a bit of a cock up, not saying all testers are old lads with bad hearing lol but I'm surprised it wasn't picked up on before final production, to not give a volume control from zero to max is basic stuff.
July 13, 2016 04:00PM
I field tested them out and they worked fine on my model R2 low to high..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 13, 2016 05:02PM
Seems to be a last minute design change as the field testers had nothing by positive comments about them.

That's a bummer, because I was ready to order a set when they were released, but I'll hold off until they fix this snafu. I have no doubts that they'll make it right, they always do!

Once they have the volume bug ironed out, the nice thing about these wireless headphones is that they said they will also work on the Impact as well.

hh,
Brian