Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The end of Tesoro?

Posted by sekypaleo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The end of Tesoro?
July 10, 2016 02:23AM
Looks like Tesoro may be done. Their forum on FM is gone.
Re: The end of Tesoro?
July 10, 2016 02:37AM
you are correct! it's not there!..maybe it is being "revised"?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 10, 2016 03:08AM
If this is true die hard Tesoro guy's like Hombre will jump off a cliff! LOL!
July 10, 2016 03:21AM
I think the name has been changed to '' relic and metal detecting''
July 10, 2016 03:29AM
Saw the post on the name change of their forum on FM....certainly does not bode well for Tesoro if they can't spare the money to keep the sponsorship of their forum. Just a matter of time. Really a shame, they could reintroduce the Bandido 2, and a Tejon with tone ID and sell a ton...but would still only delay the inevitable I guess
July 10, 2016 03:33AM
sekypaleo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like Tesoro may be done. Their forum on FM
> is gone.

I sure hope that Tesoro is not going out of business, if they do I wish them all the best. I have had alot of fun for many years using their detectors. Big thanks to you Tesoro.
July 10, 2016 12:12PM
I told Rusty awhile back that it made absolutely no sense at all to pay money to be bashed at a forum site. Apparently, Tesoro finally saw it the same way. At Find's Mall it's perfectly OK to bash the hell out of Tesoro (a paying sponsor), BUT it's not OK to defend Tesoro against false allegations and unfounded speculation. If you do, they'll ban you from posting on the Tesoro Forum because they consider defending Tesoro, fussing. Bashing Tesoro is OK, defending Tesoro is not OK. Only a fool would continue to pay money for that setup.

tabman
July 10, 2016 12:39PM
tabman Wrote:
> I told Rusty awhile back that it made absolutely
> no sense at all to pay money to be bashed at a
> forum site. Apparently, Tesoro finally saw it the
> same way. At Find's Mall it's perfectly OK to bash
> the hell out of Tesoro (a paying sponsor), BUT
> it's not OK to defend Tesoro against false
> allegations and unfounded speculation. If you do,
> they'll ban you from posting on the Tesoro Forum
> because they consider defending Tesoro, fussing.
> Bashing Tesoro is OK, defending Tesoro is not OK.
> Only a fool would continue to pay money for that
> setup.
>
> tabman Was thinking the same thing tabman but was biting my tongue, glad you said it. Why pay $$$ to FM if they (Tesoro) aren't active posting on it. Remember there are 2 sides to every story there might be more to it than we know, we read what Guvner posted now lets hear from Tesoro.
July 10, 2016 02:26PM
I doubt it....personally....things have changed since the founder died but children will carry on......
July 10, 2016 02:41PM
They still have a brand specific forum over at the treasure dump..I mean depot.
July 10, 2016 06:40PM
I really wish Tesoro would step up and post what's going on. I hope they don't go out of business.

John
July 10, 2016 06:52PM
tabman Wrote:
> setup.
>
> tabman

I think you are on to it tabman - totally agree

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 10, 2016 09:26PM
I know one brother left the company awhile back, so only one brother owns it. Tesoro is run like a Hobby, not a company. But that being said, maybe there is a reason it is run so bad. Maybe the owner is sick. Maybe the only engineer they have is him. Maybe there isn't enough money available and they are just trying to stay afloat. Or maybe he does not have an ounce of business sense.

At this point I wish FT would swoop in and buy them and make the changes that need done.
July 11, 2016 01:06AM
Actions speak louder than words.

And, based on their actions for some time now, things do not look positive for the long term health of Tesoro.

Am I speculating? I guess so.

But it's speculation based on observation, not personal sentiment.

My personal sentiment is I hope I'm wrong.
July 11, 2016 02:36AM
I think it is a fair statement to say,,, their market share has to be down vs even a year or 2 ago.

And they are not alone here either I feel.

Xp, Nokta, Makro, Minelab have I think increased their market share here in the USA.

And their detectors,,Tesoros not being metered detectors,,,this is I think the real killer.

All this is just mere speculation,,,but I think it makes sense.

I fully expect to see a merger or 2 in the near future in order to remain competitive.

Cheers.
July 11, 2016 06:15AM
if you are in the hunt for a 'sidewalk easement" detector,
tesoros are a great choice!..terrific "junk" hunter with the small coil!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 11, 2016 04:19PM
Tejon ONE of the finest detectors ever built in my opinion..

It will do what any other unit will in iron and can do more with a tuned ear..they have a great piece of equipment right there just needs some Variable tone for iron and better battery system...Things a beast and very ground reactive with power balancing.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 11, 2016 04:42PM
It's a shame really if they were to go belly up. The have some of the best electronics in the business. If they revamp some of their lines with modern screens, a little more depth, a little more seperatoion, and ergonomics, they would make a mint.
July 11, 2016 05:19PM
Tesoros probably sick of paying the Gov his hi priced forum fees.

Tesoro makes some really quality machines, no way their going out.

Aaron
July 11, 2016 06:56PM
Monte: "Tesoro is alive and doing okay. I just spoke with them this morning and their detector making division is doing fine".

That just reinforces what I stated in my above post.

tabman
July 11, 2016 07:11PM
Having been a sponsor there and knowing how they deal with people that don't want to renew sponsorship...I believe it's nothing more than a hit piece in an attempt to flex their internet muscle at Tesoro decision to cancel sponsorship.

Tesoro users know better than to fall for it.
July 11, 2016 07:31PM
Forums as a moneymaking machine are pretty much old news.

The Gov is in it for the bucks as far as I can determine. Nothing wrong with that - that's what built our country (that and the sweat and blood of slaves, homesteaders, industrial workers, schoolteachers, country doctors, cowhands, faro dealers, railroad workers--- - but I digress)!

Anyway - I wish Tesoro well. If I was Santa Claus and an experienced digital and analogue electronics engineer with a taste for a crusade, I'd move to Prescott AZ and breathe some life into the .....

Sadly, I am none of those things, but my sister just moved to Prescott. Nice place, I recommend it!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2016 07:33PM by lytle78.
July 11, 2016 09:33PM
I don't know if the guv metal detects or if he cares about metal detecting or knows anything about it. He may,but I have not ever heard anything about him in those regards. It seems like he is using the hobby to fund his armchair political campaign. Some may have some information that counters my perception. I would not put any money in Findmall.
July 11, 2016 09:33PM
The Guv's forum is a business. If you don't pay your product will not be discussed. The Guv is such a sweet guy.
July 12, 2016 11:57AM
Well the super long thread started by the guv didn't turnout the way he thought it would at FindsMall, so it was deleted and some of the posters who showed any support for Tesoro were banned which leaves only the Tesoro 'haters' and those Tesoro supporters who remain silent in fear of getting banned. It's the guv's forum and he can run it anyway he wishes and it's Tesoro's choice to sponsor it or not. It's that simple.

Like I said before:

I told Rusty awhile back that it made absolutely no sense at all to pay money to be bashed at a forum site. Apparently, Tesoro finally saw it the same way. At Find's Mall it's perfectly OK to bash the hell out of Tesoro (a paying sponsor), BUT it's not OK to defend Tesoro against false allegations and unfounded speculation. If you do, they'll ban you from posting on the Tesoro Forum because they consider defending Tesoro, fussing. Bashing Tesoro is OK, defending Tesoro is not OK. Only a fool would continue to pay money for that setup.

tabman
July 12, 2016 12:39PM
tabman Wrote:
> Well the super long thread started by the guv
> didn't turnout the way he thought it would at
> FindsMall, so it was deleted and some of the
> posters who showed any support for Tesoro were
> banned which leaves only the Tesoro 'haters' and
> those Tesoro supporters who remain silent in fear
> of getting banned. It's the guv's forum and he can
> run it anyway he wishes and it's Tesoro's choice
> to sponsor it or not. It's that simple.
>
> Like I said before:
>
> setup.
>
> tabman

Interesting and predictable. It's a shame for those posters though as now out here in the community, forum authorities are going to be tracking them down and reminding everyone they have been banned. tongue sticking out smiley
July 12, 2016 12:56PM
Tesoro telling Monte that everything is hunky dory means nothing.

And if advertising on that forum is so ridiculously high priced, why does every other major manufacturer do it? They obviously perceive value or they wouldn't allocate the funds.

Words sometimes lie. Actions do not.
July 12, 2016 01:24PM
marcomo Wrote:
> Tesoro telling Monte that everything is hunky dory
> means nothing.
>
> And if advertising on that forum is so
> ridiculously high priced, why does every other
> major manufacturer do it? They obviously perceive
> value or they wouldn't allocate the funds.
>
> Words sometimes lie. Actions do not.

Could Tesoro's 'action' be a result of how they were treated at FM?

tabman
July 12, 2016 01:33PM
tabman Wrote:

>
> Could Tesoro's 'action' be a result of how they
> were treated at FM?
>
> tabman

absolutely!
July 12, 2016 04:47PM
Tnet is mortally wounded,years ago it was the best but when you constantly see Terry attacking everyone on there and telling them there f75 or etrac is junk and all they need is a compadre and forum moderators let it go you wind up with a dead forum.
Well finds is going the same route,they use to be #2 after tnet but now #2 in a different way,lol

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.