Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thank you Tom

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thank you Tom
May 23, 2008 01:43AM
Tom
It's too nasty to hunt today.At least a 40 mph wind.I went through all the pages on this forum and extracted tips,tricks,settings and experience you have so willingly shared with us.You have the best MDing forum on the net.Hands or should I say coils down.Thank you.Back to hunting old sites for the next 7 days.Bill
Re: Thank you Tom
May 23, 2008 02:26AM
Many thanks Bill! Now.... if only other folks could discover this forum.....,,,,,, for a multiplicity of reasons, this forum would encounter more enhancements.

Tom
May 23, 2008 02:35AM
I have told others but they haven't come here yet.The information here is the best.
May 29, 2008 03:22AM
Hi NASA Tom,

Everything Bill says above goes for me too. I have covered nearly every post at one time or another. It was James (Liquid1) who brought your forum to my notice. Thank goodness..it's in a class by itself... but only because of your willingness to patiently share your expertise. I'd be selfishly happy to keep you right here...all to ourselves!! That's my humble view.

Jim.
May 29, 2008 10:38PM
Thanks!..... but there is a flaw in that thought process. If traffic on this forum is low..... it's hard to justify it's continued existence.
May 30, 2008 06:06AM
Tom your forum has helped me understand masking and extreme hunting..along with the Dvd and all the F75 info from the folks here keeps it intresting and real...
jim its good to have you here your expertise in minerals and ores is apriciated...thanks james
June 01, 2008 03:33AM
AAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! Don't tell anyone that this forum exists, how am I ever going to get an "EDGE"!!! It was bad enough that everyone is finding out the F75 is kicking butt, but now they'll find out where I get my insider info. Not that I don't love ya Tom, I need all the help I can get right now! HH RickyD
June 01, 2008 11:35PM
Ricky,

I've had TOO many people keep me in their proverbial "back pocket" for TOO long.
Kas
June 02, 2008 11:05AM
Hate to see this site disappear. I'd donate money to keep it going.

Ken
June 03, 2008 03:47AM
NASA Tom,

I'm with Ken on the helping out financially, this site is unique, period. We fully appreciate the time and effort you put into this forum. I'm quite willing to give something back. Kindred spirits to the end.

Jim.
June 03, 2008 12:39PM
Well said jim and Ken...
June 03, 2008 11:07PM
No, No........ No money required. Just need help recruiting more folks (or at least making them aware of) this forum.
June 05, 2008 12:17PM
will do Tom...james
June 14, 2008 12:20AM
Hi Tom Since I have found this site it will now be posted in my shop for everyone to copy down. From now on any detector sold in my shop will have your web printed on the sales reciept. I'll agree with all the rest and will try to see more traffic on here. I'm also the President for our THing club and the news letter will get the same web page info....Thanks a Bunch LiL John
June 15, 2008 01:32AM
You are welcome. Glad to contribute.
June 16, 2008 03:10PM
I would have your webmaster put more “Key Words” for the search engine to find the forum and Dankowski’s Detectors. (ie Metal detector, fl beach hunting, detector forum, Fisher Detectors, Fl hunting)

When I use Google and put in Metal Detection or Metal Detection Fl the Forum or your website never appear. I should say you are not in the first 60 entries where most people look.

Tom, you have the only pure technical and practical information site on the planet for Metal Detecting. Most the other sites has undocumented information, opinions or links to other sites trying to sell you something. Keep it up. You’re doing a great job.

I can’t count the number of responses that I have copied from the Forum and posted in a journal. I print them out and take them with me on a hunt to ensure I’m suing the right settings. (still new at this so the cheat sheets help me not waste hunting time with the wrong setting for the area or where I should hunt on the beach)

I appreciate you taking YOUR VALUABLE TIME to sharing your knowledge with us.
June 17, 2008 01:56AM
Glad it is of help. Thanks for the feedback. ---- I have looked into having my webmaster contact Google.... to 'up' the rating of this web-site so as to be able to find it easier in a search engine,,,,..... but this option costs a monthly fee..... possibly worth it,,,,, yet is still cost prohibitive.
June 29, 2008 01:09AM
Tom,

I'm glad Lil John mentioned newsletter. I'm certain I will find a prominent corner in the "Suncoast Treasured Times" to put your business card and Website info and anything else you might like to have in it. I have a circulation of 150, I know that doesn't rival the chicago Tribune but it's to the people in our hobby that needs to hear the words of wisdom. I'll mail one to your house. I'll check with Famous Treasures to see if they pack a notice with each sale!!

Wally
June 30, 2008 12:01AM
For those "technical" type of folks...... I'm sure they would most probably find this web-site of some help. THANKS for your idea Wally!

Tom
July 01, 2008 09:45PM
I just spread the word about this site...and will help in any way i can, and Tom, I was starting a project on my site, and was wondering if i can talk to you regarding this "project"...it could be a publicity pusher too if done correctly....interested?

E-mail me if you can, your site has my e-mail address from my registration.

-Mike
July 02, 2008 06:00AM
Tom good evening. With the research you have done it is incrediable. I think you have done several videos before. Are they still available? I am just now reading your articles on masking this info is all new to me. keep it up and thanks.
July 03, 2008 01:26AM
I am nearly completely out of the current one (and only) DVD. I have a few left.... but I believe the dealers still have some left. I may revamp a few minor things with the DVD.... and..... hopefully make more copies.

Tom